👑 8 👑

~ Mia ~

As the night rose, my time with Mark was– terrible. Why was he picked?? He was friendly at times but a complete dick at others. I was happy when we had to say goodbye. He tried to pull Matthew's move as he leaned in for a kiss. Not a chance, I closed the door on him. When will this torture end?

Hamom helped me to my feet, and we returned to my room. When walking down the hall, Jabrel's door was cracked open. Being a curious sister, I peeked in to check on him. "Sir Mark was a total jackass. My mother was wrong about that one." He said with a serious tone.

"People can be deceiving, my lord. You can't trust his words." Lily said. Things went quiet for a minute until you heard moving. Jabrel talked about the law I have to follow. He agreed that it was idiotic and that he would marry Lily if he had to marry.

Lily?? Out of people, Lily?? Why marry a servant? Lily leads my brother's maids and his first servant. Why marry her?? I listened closely to see if I was not crazy. "Your highness, don't say such a thing. You know that peasants and royalty can't date; it's impossible. Plus, why would you want me?" she said.

He takes Lily by her hand and pulls her in. Jabrel glances up at the shy servant with so much love. He explained that he loved her with all his heart and would do anything for her. It didn't matter if he was high-ranked or not— she was the one who had his heart. He lay his head on her stomach. With a gentle peck on the head, she caresses his hair.

Holy hell!! Are they dating?? Did Jabrel fall in love with a servant?? The penalty he will serve if they are found out. I don't want to think of the consequences, so I pretend I didn't see anything. I walked to my room, and Mikhal had my pj's ready.

"There you are, my lady. I was wondering where you have been." He said with a cute smile. While getting attended to, my mind was still deep in thought. Once done, Mikhal blew out the candles, and I lay in bed staring at the ceiling. I don't know why I couldn't slumber. This day has been weird, and it threw me off. At times I wish I was an average citizen so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

TAP. TAP. TAP.

What were those sounds?? It sounded like a bird smashing into my window. Cautiously, I went to see. Pebbles were chilling on my window ledge. A voice rings out from the garden. Opening my window, I looked down. "ANISEL!?!?" I whispered. "What are you doing here??"

"Let's have some fun, my lady," he said. He must keep his voice down as my brother's room is not far. But should I join him on a midnight outing?? Hmmm, why not.

I grabbed some clothes and climbed down a pole. Anisel caught me and helped me down. "I- I didn't think this through all the way. I wasn't prepared for you actually to come. This is embarrassing." He examined my outfit and chuckled. He shouldn't be judging.

A princess is not all high and mighty. I like to lay low as well. I took his hand and dragged him to the back entrance. Luckily only one guard patrols this area, so it is easy to sneak through. Anisel's face when we tip-toe passed him. It was priceless.

"What are you doing throwing rocks at my window, my lord?" I asked him as we sat down on the grass.

"I know we were interrupted by your brother this morning; I wanted to finish our conversation." He kindly shies away.

"About dogs?" I answer back. His eyes averted the other way, and he chuckled again. It didn't have to be about that topic; he wanted to discuss anything. He also asked if I call him Anisel when we are alone. He wants to be casual, huh?? I don't know about it, as it's disrespectful toward nobles. If he wants it, then I will allow it.

His eyes sparkled when I called him Anisel. He never saw a princess speak so casually before. I only do that with family or friends. Anisel had this facial expression of comfort when talking, and I liked it.

~ Anisel ~

I couldn't contain my smile as she slid down the pole. I didn't expect she would join me, but this is a start. I knew I could be persuasive, or does she trust me enough to open up like this?? We sneaked out the back, and I was impressed. She has done this before, hasn't she?

The stars shine bright as the moon fills the sky. We found a spot in a field to sit and chat. We talked for a while until I asked Mia about saying our first name while alone. It won't harm anybody to be informal. It took her a minute, but my cheeks turned red when she agreed to the request. Cute.

"Tell me about yourself, Mia. We talked about other things, but yourself?"

I wanted to know more about her passions and true desire for this kingdom. But all I got was her simple life and studying outside the kingdom until college. The royal family isn't allowed to study here and must go beyond the lands to find education. It is for their safety. So, Mia spent half her life away from Satia.

Who knew she would have a different life than people thought she lived? No wonder she speaks in an outside dialect. We have an African kind of speech; you can say Ghana. Our kingdom has its continent off the coast of South Africa—our nation. Mia continued talking about her struggles of being a princess and being cooped up in a palace all day sucks.

My facial expressions softened as we went on about life. Mia wanted to know me– she asked about my life and where I come from. Shit, what do I say?? I don't know the person I am portraying or know his style. So, I made a story to satisfy her needs. It worked. I stood up and reached my hand out. She took the offer.

"Where are we going, Anisel?" she asked with such cuteness in her tone. My heart melted away as I told her to a place where I felt free for the first time. I took her to the trailer.