"Ap yaha hai aur mai kabse apko ghar mei dhundh rahi hu", Shanno's loud voice broke Haseena's reverie, who was approaching her with hurried steps.

"Kya ho gaya hai Shanno?" Haseena questioned in a calm tone, "Aur itni jaldi mei kyu rehti ho tum humesha!"

"Yeh apki gaal itni laal kyu hai?" Shanno inquired, disregarding Haseena's questions.

Haseena's hand automatically went upwards and settled on her cheeks, which were warm despite the cold winter breezes blowing around. "Nahi toh!" Haseena was quick to deny but she could feel her cheeks turning crimson at this seemingly harmless query of Shanno. "Tum hume kyu dhund rahi thi woh batao", she asked in an attempt to divert her attention and it worked, much to her relief.

"Haan woh Santu didi puch rahi thi apka. Unhone apko phone bhi kiya lekin apne uthaya nahi aisa kuch bol rahi thi", Shanno answered.

"Phone toh hum kamre mei chhod aye", Haseena said, "accha chalo ab mil hi lete hai", she added, walking towards the haveli alongside Shanno.

.
.

Karishma was stealing glances of the city of Nagpur every now and then through the car window on their way to meet their investors. "City looks nice", she remarked. "What?" She asked as her gaze averted towards Amar beside her, who was looking at her inquisitively.

"You seem to be in a good mood", he uttered, twisting his eyebrows in amusement as he almost forced Karishma to come here with him but seemed like she wasn't that unwilling after all.

"Kaal ghar wapis ja rahe hai toh..", Karishma answered but her eyes remained fixated on her phone screen that had a photo of Haseena for the wallpaper. "So cheesy!" she thought but again she wanted to see Haseena everywhere she looked as if she was the sun of her life around whom her world was revolving. Even the thought of being with Haseena was so pleasant and fulfilling. "Just one more day and we will be together again", Karishma mumbled under her breath, leaning on her seat with her eyes closed with her smile never leaving her face.

"I have your imprints engraved in my soul now, Hasi", Karishma uttered between her uneven breath, "as you have mine", her lips brushed against Haseena's as she spoke. Haseena just hugged her tightly, trying to recover from the exhilarating, passionate ecstasy they had just experienced. Karishma continued to hover over Haseena, balancing herself on her hands when Haseena saw the innumerable marks and scratches on Karishma's body, given by Haseena herself. A rush of butterflies danced inside her stomach as the moments of their intimacy came back and she felt her whole body colouring up.

"Kasam se maine aaj tak isse zyada khoobsurat nazara nahi dekha hai", Karishma complimented as her unhindered gaze settled on Haseena who was looking breathtakingly gorgeous with the imprints of Karishma's tender assaults all over her body, not to mention her rouging cheeks that had only added to her beauty. Haseena saw the smoldering look building in her eyes once again and before she would melt under her piercing gaze she pushed Karishma through her shoulder lightly.

"You are supposed to catch a flight tomorrow, remember?" Haseena said, covering them with the duvet properly.

"What can I say! You made me forget everything", Karishma answered, her hand moved forward to close Haseena's eyes, "Just a second", she said before Haseena could ask anything and took off her hand after a few seconds.

"Kya ho gaya hai?" Haseena couldn't help but ask, her expression was a blend of confusion and bewilderment.

Karishma just took her left hand in hers and slid an elegantly designed ring in her finger. "Something to make you remind of me when I will not be with you", she said, entwining their fingers, "and to remind others that you are taken", she kissed her knuckles with all her love and saw Haseena's eyes beaming with unshed tears.

"You are a part of me, Karishma", Haseena uttered as she felt Karishma's fingers gently brushing the tears off her cheeks, "aur aap bhale hi humare paas na ho, apka ehsaas kabhi humse alag nahi ho sakta", she held Karishma's hand that was rested on her cheeks and placed over her heart. "Hum apse pyaar karte hai aur yeh humari zindagi ki woh haqeeqat hai jisse inkar karne ki taqat hum mei kabhi bhi nahi tha", she said, making eye contact with Karishma, who continued to feel her heartbeat against her palm. "You were right that day, I was jealous to see you with Kashish", Haseena was initially surprised at the words that had escaped her mouth without any realization, "hume nahi accha lagta kisika bhi apke itne kareeb aana. Dil jalta hai humara, jab hum kisi aur ke ankhon mei apke liye chahat dekhte hai", her words tinged with unvoiced possessiveness.

"I won't belong to anyone else, just you. Until my bones turn to ashes and my heart stops beating", Karishma uttered, placing her lips on Haseena's forehead who leaned forward, soaking in her warmth more and more as they held each other in their embrace.

"Karu..", Karishma opened her eyes as she heard Amar calling for her, "Chalo", he gestured her to get off the car as they had reached their destination. Karishma glanced at Haseena's photo on her phone screen once again, mumbling a "I love you" before she followed Amar outside the car.

.
.

"Phone apne paas rakha kijiye honewali bhabhi sa. Meri behen kahi pagal na ho jaye apse baat kiye bagair", Santosh teased Haseena with a cheeky smirk on her face while her eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Kuch bhi!" Haseena uttered, walking through the backyards of the haveli, "mushkil se toh do dafa baat ho payi hai kaal se", she traced the ring in her finger slightly, unknown to the fact that she had voiced her thought that too in front of Santosh!

"Uff yeh ishq pe sitam", Santosh uttered dramatically, earning a glare from Haseena but needless to say it had no effect on her. She was about to tease Haseena once again but her words remained in her mouth as Salma's voice caught her attention.

"Haseena?" Salma called out Haseena, who was visibly surprised as she had hardly even spoken to her or even Adeel from the time they got back home. "Itne thand mei bahar kyu ghum rahi ho? Andar aajao", she added and moved towards the house.

Santosh gestured to her to go inside through her eyes. "Bas aa rahe hai ammi", Haseena said as she followed her mother not before wishing Santosh good night.

"Bas yeh toofan ki pehle ki shanti na ho", Santosh murmured, looking at the disappearing figure of Salma once and then at Haseena.

_________________________________________

Hello all, chapter 46 of Solace is here after a long time. Also I have used some lines of Pablo Neruda which are very close to my heart in this chapter.

Do press the star and feel free to share your thoughts about it. See you in the next one.