018

YAMIEK

YAMIEK

Friday 8:15 am

Today started what would have been the best day of my life. It was the winter formal, Kika and I had our outfits picked out and were excited to have a good time with our friends. But the best day ever turned out to be the worst day of my life and also the craziest day of my life.

Kika and I woke up early for school, not on purpose, it just happened. We smoked for an hour, showered, ate, and started to get ready for school. Then I got the call, that would potentially crush my soul.

"Wait what are you saying" I asked pacing back and forth in the bathroom. Silas did his daily call but it wasn't the call I thought it would be.

"I'm sorry Yams..I wish it wasn't like this but it isn't fair to both of us" He said in a monotone voice

"S-so you're breaking up with me?" My hands started to shake and my legs felt weaker. "You know I love you-" I cut him off not wanting to hear that cliché bull shit. "Then why are you breaking up with me? Why are you leaving me?"

The tears swell into my eyes causing my vision to blur. I sat down on the toilet seat as my leg bounced a mile an hour. "Babe- Yami" Silas corrected himself which seemed to hurt the most, "I don't know when I'll be able to get out and you don't deserve to be waiting for me"

"But I want to!" I yelled over the phone. Hot tears streamed down my face as I quickly tried to wipe them away, "Silas please" I pleaded not wanting my so-called 'perfect' relationship to end

"It's just too much Yami...I can't..we can't" He said

"This isn't fair," I said feeling all these emotions at once

"I'm sorry. I have to go now, the guards are rushing me"

"Silas-" I was too late. The phone call disconnected and I started to cry. Why did it have to end? I was fine with waiting. I could wait however long it took until he got out.

"FUCK" I yelled throwing my phone against the wall. Kika came into the bathroom after hearing the loud noise. She saw me sweeping with my hands in my head, though, she didn't say anything. Hell, she probably heard the whole conversation.

Whatever the case may be, Kika said nothing as she pulled me into a hug. She held me as I cried harder and harder until my voice gave out. It felt like hours we stayed like that but it was only probably a few minutes.

"We can ditch school if you want" Kika offered as she rubbed my back

I'm grateful to have Kika in my life. She's always been there for me, and I'll always be there for her