16

As soon as Jimin opened the door and saw Jungkook's face, a surge of rage boiled inside him. He felt a murderous impulse that he barely restrained. He didn't give Jungkook a chance to speak, but yanked him by the collar, dragged him into the apartment and slammed him against the wall.

Jungkook gasped in pain as his skull throbbed from the violent impact. He glared at Jimin, trying to free himself from his grip.

"What the hell is your problem?" Jungkook spat.

Jimin tightened his hold, his eyes burning with fury. He leaned closer to Jungkook, making him feel his breath on his face.

"I could ask you the same question, Jeon," he hissed. "You're the one who should explain yourself."

He couldn't know the truth. It was straight up impossible and ridiculous. But the way Jimin was looking at him right now, made Jungkook not so sure about it anymore.

"Explain what?" he asked, bewildered.

Jimin snarled and punched the wall next to him. "I trusted you with one simple task! And what did you do?!"

Jungkook shoved Jimin off him, feeling his chest ache from the pressure. "You're insane. You actually lost your mind."

Jimin advanced towards him, his eyes flashing. "What did I ask you to do before I left for the military?"

Jungkook stood his ground, meeting Jimin's gaze. "To look after Alexa."

Jimin scoffed and clapped sarcastically, laughing like a maniac. "Yeah, that's what I said. But you? You screwed up big time."

"How did I screw up? You weren't even here to see if I took care of her or not."

Jimin grabbed his collar, pulling him close. "Then freaking tell me why Alexa has been acting so cold and distant ever since I came back! If you had done your job right, she wouldn't be acting like she's seeing someone else behind my back!"

"Wait," Jungkook laughed incredulously, shaking his head. "Is that what this is about? You dragged me here and almost beat me up because you're jealous of some imaginary guy? Because you think Alexa found someone else while you were away and that I haven't noticed and done something about it because I haven't been checking up on her? You're pathetic."

"Well, if you would have done what I told you and checked up on her you would have known if she's hoeing around or not."

Jungkook felt a wave of anger wash over him. He wished Jimin would just hit him and get it over with, instead of spewing venom about Alexa. He was on the verge of losing it and killing Jimin.

Jimin shook his head, sighing. "Women," he said. "They can't be trusted. The moment you turn your back, they run off to the next guy." He jabbed his finger at Jungkook. "This is your fault by the way. You were supposed to watch over her."

Jungkook clenched his jaw, holding back his urge to attack Jimin. The only reason holding jungkook away from attacking Jimin was the promise he made Alexa. He had promised her that he wouldn't tell Jimin the truth. If he snapped now, Jimin would find out.

"How about you search the mistake on yourself instead of others?" he said through gritted teeth.

"Me?" Jimin laughed. "I was away, serving my country. How could I have prevented her from cheating on me?"

Jungkook stared at him, incredulous. "You just don't get it, do you?" he asked. "Have you ever considered that maybe your behavior is the reason why Alexa pushes you away?"

Jimin rolls his eyes, taking a seat on the couch. "I didn't even had the chance to do anything when I came back, I just wanted to sleep with her and she immediately pushed me away."