8

🫶🏼Don't forget to vote & comment🫶🏼

Alexa

„Why don't they make edible toenail polish?" Jugyeong lays on my bed, painting my toe nails.

"I'm sure that's a very legitime question, why don't you ask that nail polish companies?"

She's getting more paint on my toes than the actual nails, but the look of concentration on her face is really sweet.

"I wish your boyfriend would be here so he could take you out somewhere where you could show off this amazing pedicure." She gives me a wink.

"Maybe he can't but we could go out? It would be such a waste if this perfectly done pedicure would go unnoticed," I tease but Jugyeong is lost again in her own thoughts and applying polish over and over on the same nail.

"I can't," she pouts without taking his eyes off the polish. "I'm visiting my cousin tonight who lives in Busan, I won't be here for two weeks."

"You don't seem to be very excited about it?"
My foot flinches, making her drag the color under a toe. "Crap, sorry." I wipe the polish off, earning an angry glare from her.

She sighs and lifts herself up. "It's no fun visiting him, he can be a real pain in the ass."

"I heard Busan is a very nice place, maybe you could go out a lot and enjoy the city to avoid him?"

Jimin originally comes from Busan and he used to tell me many stories about his hometown. He adores sharing pictures of Busan with me, unraveling the tales behind them. With each photograph he shared, he transported me to the vibrant streets of Busan, a place he held dear in his heart. He would describe the bustling markets, where the aroma of sizzling street food filled the air, and the sound of laughter echoed through the narrow alleyways. He would paint vivid pictures of the jagged cliffs that overlooked the sparkling sea, and the serene temples nestled amidst lush green mountains.
As he spoke, I could feel his longing to share these experiences with me, to walk hand in hand through the vibrant city, exploring its hidden gems together. But life always seemed to intervene, pulling us in different directions, and our dreams of visiting Busan remained just that - dreams.

"It's no fun anymore when you visit it every year," she rolls her eyes and stands up to place the nail polish back into my box.

I crumple the napkins and try to throw them into the trash can from my bed, but I miss and sigh. "I wish I had the luck to go to Busan someday."

"Remind me when I'm back, and then I'll plan our trip together," she winks at me. I point my finger at her and narrow my eyes. "Don't make promises you can't keep, I'll definitely come back to this."

She pulls a small case out of her bag and turns to the mirror. She always prefers to do her hair and makeup at my place since she said she needs company while getting ready. Jugyeong is stunning no matter what she has on her face or how her hair looks. I think she looks best without any makeup and her hair up in a simple ponytail, but that's not the look she prefers on herself. Some girls are more into the natural look and some just aren't.

I'm mesmerized as she uses tiny brushes and sponges to make herself glamorous.
"I wouldn't know what to do with half of that stuff," I say.

"What do you mean?" she asks. The words come out a little funny because she is using her hand to pull down her eyelid, and the contortion of her face somehow impacts her voice.

"I barely know how to use mascara and lip gloss. I'd never be able to put on false eyelashes or face gel or whatever it is you're doing."

"This is highlighter. And you don't need any of it because you're a naturally beautiful girl," she insists, glancing over her shoulder to blow me a kiss before turning back toward the mirror.