TWO

Alphas ain't shit.

Jeongguk has hated those bitches since he was a kid.

They were never able to keep their dicks to themselves and always had to make things hard for others—especially omegas. Assholes without a heart, talking up to a single girl or boy and promising them the sun and moon—the cliché story they always tell. Once they get whatever they want, they get the fuck out of the door, never turning back.

Jeongguk wanted to see all of them burn in the deepest pits of hell. And he would drag them there if it was proposed.

But for now, it was him who had to run. Run from the five alphas who were chasing him from behind—he knew they were just playing around. Alphas tend to have physical strengths and speed a lot more than a mere omega, who used his attraction and potential to do whatever he wanted. Not the most respected jobs out there, plus society would say it was typical for omegas.

Which Jeongguk didn't believe in. He was a dancer. Dancer in a gentlemen's club, but that didn't mean he was a whore and let all of the customers taint his bodies with their vices. And even if he was, people should mind their own business. He was allowed to use his body however he wanted.

Heavy breaths and unsteady legs with the combination of a dark tunnel. Jeongguk hated whatever the fuck he was going through—managing to somehow escape from V from the casino, he had to do a mad dash and flee out of there as fast as possible before getting caught.

Although he knew it was pointless, He was a fast runner compared to omegas but not to alphas. He could hear footsteps behind him—the others' footsteps that were seeking to kill him—but not really. They were just playing around, Jeongguk knew. They had guns in their hands and could shoot him anytime they wanted, Jeongguk knew.

It was pointless; he knew that damn well too, but being caught by them would be more painful than being shot straight up because he didn't know what their intentions were, after all.

The dead end of the tunnel, and Jeongguk was introduced to a plain, black wall. His cries never stopped, nor did his loud sobs. The five criminals halted as well, watching the pretty omega, almost on the verge of begging for mercy to let him go.

Which wasn't something the pack of alphas had in their minds—not when the pretty boy saw them killing someone right before his eyes. It was dangerous to ruin him and kill him. That's what they did before and are going to do again.

"Won't such a pretty boy look better with blood on him?" V rasped out, a mischievous smirk curled subtly around his lips, and he shuffled forward, making Jeongguk step backward instead until his back hit the back of the wall and he had nowhere to run. "The prettiest omega I've ever seen." His voice was now almost mistaken for a whisper, and his eyes observed the pretty boy's features. He unconsciously slipped a hand forward and caressed the omega's chubby cheek full of tears with his cold fingers, still captivated.

Jeongguk forgot how to breathe at this point. Seeing the guy who wanted to kill him this close made adrenaline rush within his blood vessels and outbursts rattle within the core of his stomach. Jeongguk's quivering lips drew V's attention. Bubblegum pink and adorable. What a waste that such a pretty boy wouldn't be able to see tomorrow's sunrise.

Unless...

"Please, let me go." Jeongguk pleaded out, his voice parched and strained. He knew the answer; after all, his colleague begged for the same thing and yet received no mercy. He was shot right in the head by the bullet of the gun V had in his hand even now. Jeongguk chewed his bottom lip, scared and shivering. All he could do now was perhaps hope and pray for his survival.