"Nope. We ended whatever we had. It was a mutual decision tho. I am happy naman, I guess? Yeah."

"Ba't parang hindi ka sure na happy ka?"

"It's not like that naman. Happy naman ako with whatever is happening with me right now and with the team." I said.

Sige, 'te. Magsinungaling ka pa sa sarili mo.

"I am happy that you're happy, Mads." Bea uttered sincerely.

"How about you? Kamusta na kayo ni Cait? May improvements na ba?" I asked kahit masakit.

Her answer might destroy me.

"Ano ba kasi meron kami ni Cait? People insist that we're something, but honestly, wala naman eh. We're just friends. We're comfortable with each other lang, but there's nothing more than that."

"Oh, sorry for assuming." I apologized.

"Nah, no worries, Mads. It's okay. I know you didn't mean it naman."

"So, how about we talk about us?" Bea asked suddenly and it made me freeze to where I am sitting.

I told Deanna the whole story, hanggang dun sa pag hatid ni Bea sa 'kin sa unit ko.

"What?! So, you mean? You two?" Deanna giddily asked.

I just smiled at her. My heart's happy.

++++++

Please. Please. Lord, ibigay Mo na sa 'min 'to. Please.

I silently prayed whilst I am on court. Gustong gusto ko manalo kami.

Vanie hit the ball and it went outside.

THIS IS IT!!!

We were already celebrating when coach Shaq asked for a challenge.

Walang touch 'yun. I know it.

Please.

And when they showed it on the screen, I can feel all the emotions in my body all at once.

We're gonna be in the finals! Finally, after years of hard work, frustrations, and suffering, we will be in the finals na!

My teammates ran inside the court, hugging each other. Maika went to me and celebrated. Everyone was so hyped!

But a certain voice made me look behind me.

There she is, my kapitana. The person I shared the court with since college.

My Beatriz.

I immediately opened my arms and hugged her... So tight.

"We finally made it, babe. We finally did it." I whispered whilst closing my eyes.

"We did, baby. I am so proud of you. So proud of us." She said, rubbing and tapping my back.

The tears that I've been trying to hold are now flowing freely from my eyes.

I know, I can cry on her shoulders and she will just let me.

We always have our shoulder for each other to cry on.

We were swaying whilst hugging. Just like how we hugged tightly last UAAP season 79 when we lost and she was crying hard on my shoulders. But this time, we are happy. I am crying because I am happy.

And it made me realize that we are really there for each other through highs and lows.

We are each other's rock. We keep each other grounded, yet we also challenge each other to aim high and reach for the stars.

We are each other's constant.

"Are you ready for the finals?" She asked, still hugging me.

"I am.. I am ready because you'll be with me. We'll be together in this journey."

And before we end our celebratory hug...

"Mahal kita... palagi." Bea whispered.

And it made our win ten times better.

"Mahal din kita. Palagi." I answered as we slowly untangled ourselves from the hug.

----------

Kasi naman BD!!! Ang gandang pagmasdan nung hug!!!! Ang ingay ingay ko sa bahay whilst watching their game, and when they finally won, I fucking cried!! My babies deserve this!! So proud of my girls talaga! 💜

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, companies, locations, events, and incidents in this book, unless otherwise noted, are either imaginary or the result of the author's imagination. Any similarity to actual individuals, living or dead, or to reality is completely coincidental.

Ps.
I think, this might be the last update of this book. We've come a long way, and I am grateful for all the people I've known because of the BD community. To my sibs, thank you for everything we've shared together, dito man or dun sa X (formerly known as Twitter). Those times were one of the happiest times in my BD baby life. Thank you.

And to everyone who just found out this book, thank you for spending a bit of your precious time reading this.

Again, salamat. And hanggang sa muli.

Signing off,
Mary, one of your OG peak-BD-moments babies