I fell.

And I fell.

And I fell some more.

And just as I was about to hit the ground, I transformed into a Nightingale. I felt good after so long. I would invite Eliana but I wanted to be alone for the time being.

I spread my feathers, flew around, soaring past trees and the cold night winds hitting my feathers and for the first time in a long time, I felt alive, not everything seemed numb. I felt happy.

I decided to go to the roof of the manor. I flew up to the roof to see a figure sittting on the ground with their feet dangling through the spaces between the railings. They were smoking, and there were several used and smashed cigarette butts next to them, they were probably high as shit.

I carefully transformed back, without making a sound and then walked up to them from behind as slowly as I could, trying not to make a sound.

Of course just when I was getting close I stepped on a twig which made a sharp noise.

Curse my Luck.

The figure turned around at the noise and I got a look at his face.

"Riddle?"  I asked.

He seemed mad. His eyes were red, probably from being so fucking high, his hair was messy and his eyes held so much rage and sadness, as if he was broken, like he'd lost the only thing that mattered, the only thing he cared about.

My eyes softened slightly at his state.

"What do you want?" He spat with venom laced in his words.

I didn't say anything. I just stared at his face, his hair was messy as always, his curls bouncing in the wind yet framing his face so perfectly. His lips were chapped and rough but looked so soft at the same time. The scars that ran along his face only seemed to add to his perfectly sculpted face.

I slowly and cautiously walked up to him and sat down beside him. I simply stared up at the stars. He didn't say anything either, it felt as if he simply didn't care at this point. I never thought I'd see Mattheo Riddle look so distraught, so lost and broken. I wonder what caused it.

I didn't ask what happened or why he was here, I just simply looked up admiring the stars, he looked ahead, an emotionless face but his eyes said otherwise.

"You've been acting quite distant recently." I started.

"What do you care?" He said, his voice hoarse.

"Just wondering."

Silence.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"O would you prefer I leave?"

"Yes."

"Well too bad."

He scoffed, "you can't not be a pain can you?" He said.

"Last I checked no, besides you're the one being a prick, I'm simply trying to spark small talk, you're the one being your grumpy self."

"Charming, like you give two shits about things happening to people."

"I don't, unless they actually tell me."

"Like you'd understand."

"Unless you tell me, we'll never know."

"Imagine the only thought that keeps you sane, the only thing keeping you from going completely numb just j-just disappears out of nowhere leaving you trapped, knowing no matter what you do you're never getting it back, no hope, no nothing just plain numb."

He said each word with so much emotion, I stared at him, my eyes wide, mouth open. His lips shivered and his eyes were anywhere but my face, ... he really was broken.

I couldn't imagine that happening, the things that mattered, my sister, friends, hogwarts, him.

I slowly got up and turned to leave but not before mumbling "M-Mattheo, I'm sorry." And with that I walked away, and returned to my room.

I never thought Riddle would be this effected by this, but whatever or whoever he lost...must've meant a lot to him.

—————

I'ma go cry now.

Next chapter will be far more interesting.

The amount of irony I use really is something.

Ily