12) The Hill

"Thank you." Felix said after some silence.

"For what? I don't think I did anything worthy of a thank you." Chan said.

"Ya, we said we'd forget all of that. So I don't know what would make you think that." Felix said, shrugging and acting oblivious to the meaning of Chan's words.

"I mean for bringing me here. I can come myself but I felt amazing on that bike. So thank you." Felix said nervously.

"Always. You deserve nothing less than happiness." Chan replied, stroking Felix's hair. Chan thought nothing of it, but Felix did.

The way Chan's fingers went through his hair and made him relax. Felix got those thoughts out of his head, though, and smiled.

"You do too, y'know. What happened in your past shouldn't affect your future so much. You should be able to be happy too like Changbin and Jisung." Felix said, and Chan didn't know what he did to deserve Felix.

"Thanks, Lix." Chan said, and both of them sat down on the grass and enjoyed the silence.

Felix had come to terms that he was nothing more than a friend to Chan, and that was better than being nothing to him, so he was okay. Felix was okay with suffering in silence until he truly went insane. He was okay with that.

His heart might've been breaking, and he may have been panicking inside, but he was beside Chan, so he was fine. He would always be fine. What would he be if not fine? Nothing.

"So, what's the deal with Hyunjin and Changbin?" Felix asked. He hadn't talked much to anyone in the past 3 days, but apparently, the couple had a fight.

Flashback, 2 days ago.

"You said you were gonna spend time with me." Hyunjin said from the sofa pouting, and Changbin could never resist that face.

Hyunjin was over at Changbin's again and wanted to spend time with the elder. However, it seemed Changbin needed to go somewhere.

"I would love to baby, but I have to go. I have a fan sign, and Chan and Jisung are going to. I haven't told the company or the fans anything in advance, so I have to be there." Changbin said, leaning over the sofa kissing Hyunjin's forehead.

"Can I go with you, like up on stage. You can say a friend came with you." Hyunjin said suddenly, having an idea.

"Rumours would still start, and the company would hate it." Changbin said with an apologetic face.

"Of course they would. I don't know why I tried." Hyunjin said, rolling his eyes and sitting back down.

"Jinnie, you know why, please don't act like this." Changbin pleaded.

"I'm just tired of hiding, okay? It's why I was hesitant about this relationship in the first place." Hyunjin said, and Changbin sat down beside him.

"I'm sorry you're stuck with me, I promise the hiding isn't for long. Me and the guys are planning to sign with another company, and that company would allow us to date. And the fans we can deal with." Changbin explained.

"Whats the other company? And when?" Hyunjin asked, liking the idea.

"Bahng Entertainment. It's Chan's sister's company, which is amazing. And as soon as our contract ends. Which is in, 2 and a half years." Changbin said the last bit a little nervously.

"What? I can't do this hiding thing for 2 months, let alone 2 years." Hyunjin snapped.

"Well, forgive me for trying. I'm doing everything I can, Jinnie, please." Changbin said with the same soft voice. He knew calming Hyunjin could only be done with softness.