29. An Intimate Morning

Dream slept well with Scar next to him. At first, he had been unsure about it, still shy about having Scar in bed with him. But he was too tired to care much and still upset from his nightmare, so he decided to let Scar stay, craving his gentle comfort. And once he got used to it, he realized he liked the warmth of Scar holding him close under the covers, and he had dropped off to sleep in no time.

When he woke up, he felt calm. If the nightmare came back, he had no memory of it. He was still a little sleepy, but it was mostly from how warm and cozy this felt. They had shifted slightly throughout the night. Scar had ended up on his back and Dream found himself lying with his head on his chest, an arm slung across his torso. Scar had both arms around him but they were limp; Scar was still asleep.

Dream stayed where he was, ear pressed to Scar's chest, and though Scar had a pajama top on, Dream could hear his heartbeat. It was soothing and Dream began to feel lulled by it. This was nice. He would need to do this more often. It was always hard at first, taking new steps with being intimate with Scar, but it always ended up being worth it. He really liked this. He just had to keep working on his confidence. He wanted to be able to ask for things more often. Scar was eager to provide. And Dream...

Well. Dream could admit he wanted to be taken care of. He had to fight for survival for so long. Here, he finally felt safe. He could relax and put energy toward enjoying himself. And he definitely enjoyed time with Scar.

Dream would have gladly dozed back off, but he started wondering about the time. Scar had work today. He had alarms on his phone, but did Scar bring his phone in here? Dream didn't think he did.

Dream's own phone was over on the nightstand, too far to reach without moving away from Scar, which he didn't really want to do. He looked toward the window, but he liked to keep the curtains drawn, so it was hard to tell what the time was. Still, he couldn't see any light whatsoever from outside, so it didn't seem to be morning yet.

Dream sighed, conflicted. He didn't want to wake Scar up. But he also didn't want Scar to be late for work. Maybe Scar would just naturally wake up at the right time? Dream wasn't a morning person, but back when he was in school, he tended to wake up right before his alarm anyway.

Dream looked at Scar, sleeping so peacefully under him. Then he looked over at the nightstand, before deciding to just check his phone anyway.

He moved carefully away from Scar, having to get out from under his arms, but surprisingly, Scar stayed asleep. Dream checked his phone and saw that it was past 5 AM. Scar usually got up at 6. So...

Dream set his own alarm and then returned to Scar, snuggling up close. Scar made a sleepy noise and still didn't wake up. Dream was amazed by how heavy of a sleeper he was. He was really settling in when he felt Scar's arms slide back around him. He looked up and saw that he was waking up now.

"Sorry," Dream whispered.

"It's okay," Scar murmured back, voice heavy with drowsiness. He blinked a few times, then moved a hand to Dream's hair, petting gently. "How do you feel?"

"Fine," Dream replied. "I don't think the nightmare came back. I slept well."

"That's good. Do you know what time it is? I didn't bring my phone."

"It's after 5. I set an alarm on my phone for 6 so you can still get up for work," Dream said.

"Ohh, thank you. Though I'm not sure I want to go back to sleep," Scar said. "I'd probably wake up even more tired."

"Yeah, I get that," Dream said. "So... you wanna get up?"

"Mm... I think I can lay here for a while longer," Scar said. He gave Dream a lazy smirk, and Dream's breath caught when he felt Scar slide a hand under his top, resting his palm against the bare skin of his back. It was startlingly intimate and Dream tensed at first, not expecting it, but then he decided he liked it. "Is this okay?" Scar asked.