16. Closer

Dream ended up going through more of the wine than Scar expected as they watched the show, but Scar didn't mind. He had plenty of other wines, and could always go buy more bottles of this one. He was just glad to see Dream relaxing and looking happier.

Scar drank a bit more than he usually did too, as it was easier to stay awake when he had someone to talk to, though he still cut himself off once he started to feel buzzed.

Scar glanced toward Dream as he moved a little closer to him. He's been shifting toward him for the past several minutes now, and Scar wanted to hold out an arm and invite him to lean against him, but he didn't want to come on too strong.

Still, Dream kept shooting him looks like he wanted to get even closer, and Scar could see that he was starting to blush a little. He's definitely had a bit too much wine.

When Dream was close enough that their thighs were brushing, Scar took a chance and slid his arm around Dream's shoulders. He tensed, and Scar was prepared to pull away. Only for Dream to sigh and lean against him.

Scar blinked, then grinned fondly at him.

"Well. I think you're also cuddly when you get drunk," Scar commented.

"I'm not drunk," Dream said immediately.

"You're not fully sober either. But ssh, it's okay." Scar pulled him a little closer. "Just relax. How do you feel?"

"Weird. Kinda warm. Uh... stomach hurts a bit."

"Yeah. I think you've had enough wine."

Dream huffed quietly. "There's no way that did anything to me. Dad always called wine a pansy drink."

"Shows what he knows. Wine isn't as high-proof as rum or whiskey, sure, but it can get you drunk. Especially if you've had nearly a full bottle like you just went through. And this one was a little stronger than average, and you're not a drinker." Scar rubbed Dream's shoulder. Dream rested his head against him, which warmed his heart. "So you could be drunk. Or buzzed at the very least. Does it feel bad?"

"No. I'm mostly just tired."

Scar nodded. Dream sounded pretty sleepy. "Me too. I'll probably want to go to bed soon, but I can finish this episode at least."

"Yeah, same."

They kept watching the cartoon, but Scar was aware of it as Dream rested more and more weight against him, and his eyes would fall shut for several seconds before they drifted back open, gazing distantly toward the TV. The wine was definitely hitting him hard.

After a few minutes, Dream actually fell asleep, and Scar stared at him in surprise before smiling, glad that he was comfortable enough to do that.

Scar carefully shifted, tucking a pillow up against the armrest before laying back, and he moved Dream to lay against his front. Dream sprawled across him easily, sighing with contentment, and Scar rested a hand on his back. He stopped paying as much attention to the show, instead looking at Dream as he slept, thinking about how cute he was like this.

Scar's own eyes drifted shut. He was so warm and comfortable. And he always felt more at ease when he had someone in his arms. He let himself relax, telling himself he wasn't going to fall asleep or anything, he was just going to close his eyes for a bit.

Only for him to fall asleep anyway, sleeping soundly until Dream suddenly moved, pushing himself up.

Scar woke up with a start, looking around and seeing that the episodes had stopped playing, the app asking if he was still watching. And Dream was scrambling back from him, blushing, looking embarrassed.