Twenty Nine.

"I literally can't catch a break." India said locking her phone and dropping it in her purse. "Did you look at the ticket? You see who they playing?"

"I didn't really pay attention." Ren took a second to look at her phone "Charlotte Hornets.. what's wrong with them?"

"That's Melo's team."

"Oh shit. Are you still messing with him?"

"I was never messing with him like that but I mean.. no. Whatever was going on, I cut it off weeks ago."

"Ja did that on purpose. He knew who they were playing tonight." Ren said, looking over at India for a reaction. "He probably wanted to show Melo you his girl."

"I don't know why. He doesn't even know I speak to Melo so...."

"I'm sure he didn't forget when you were in Texas throwing ass on Melo. He might not know y'all actually started talking but I'm sure he still remembers that."

"This a set up" India said as Ren bursted into laughter making India slightly chuckle too even though she didn't want to. "This shit not funny Ren."

"The situation not funny but you are hilarious bitch. I don't think he's trying to set you up, I think he's more so trying to show you off. You know how niggas like to mark their territory or whatever they call themselves doing."

"I don't know, I just know I'm not for no stupid shit tonight. Everybody better act accordingly."

"You said Melo knows you have a man right?" Ren asked

"He does."

"Does he know it's Ja?"

"Nope."

"Well it's not gonna be hard for him to figure it out tonight. Between sitting court side for the home team and that chain around your neck it will be a dead giveaway."

India immediately knew Ren was right. She had on Ja's "12" chain and now that she was looking, it seemed like the pendant was big af and the diamonds were hitting harder than they usually do. It's definitely hard to miss.

"Oh well." India shrugged "Melo has a girlfriend anyway. It shouldn't matter who my nigga is."

The first quarter had already started when they finally made it inside the arena which meant both Ja and Melo were already on the court playing. Once they found their seats Ren decided to go get drinks before she sat down.

"What you want?" Ren asked India

"Can you get me a soda?"