22. Fight

Mitsuha POV:

I stayed back in the hospital that evening. In the end, it was a bullet wound, which is no joke. Yotsuha also came over after her school, after hearing what happened from me. "Onee-chan, will Taki nii-san be alright?" She asked, making me stroke her hair. "I hope so dear." I said, my eyes lost somewhere.

A few moments later, Hodaka arrived with a cover in his hands. "Mitsuha, I ordered some food for you and Tachibana-san." He said and then looked at Yotsuha. "I didn't know Yotsuha would also come here. I'll order more now." "Thank you Hodaka." I smiled, making him blush and turn away.

"Yotsuha, you can eat if you're hungry." I said as I gave her my share. "I'll give this to Tachibana-san and come back." Yotsuha nodded, making me smile and ruffle her hair before I went inside the hospital ward.

Taki was sitting on the bed while staring at the ceiling, his eyes lost somewhere. The moment he heard the door open, he turned to the door and smiled at me. "Hodaka got you dinner." I said as I placed the food box on the table side. "Do you want to eat now, or later?" I asked. "Now. I'm hungry."

I nodded and pulled out the box. It was a parcel of Yaki udon. I pulled out the chopsticks from the cover and split them open. I then opened the box and took some of the noodles, blew on them a few times and fed Taki. Taki obeyed and opened his mouth, eating the noodles.

As I focused on feeding Taki, I could feel his eyes lay on me. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand touch my cheek, making me look up. Taki looked at me with a warm smile on his lips, his eyes full of love. Feeling shocked, I dropped the chopsticks back in the box and moved away. "W-w-what's wrong?" "You're worried for me?" He asked, making me nod. "Of course, I am." I said, feeling embarrassed as I turned away from him. "You got injured because of me."

Taki sighed, making me blink. What have I done wrong now? He took the chopsticks from the box and took some noodles before placing it near my mouth. I stared at the noodles for a moment, before looking at him. Taki smiled at me, his hand shaking a bit due to the wound. I quickly held his hand, steadying the shaking and ate the noodles. Since he wanted me to eat it, I'd rather just eat it.

"Is it good?" Taki asked me as I chewed the noodles slowly and while turning away from him. "It is." I said while blushing and took the chopsticks back from his hand. Suddenly, Taki leaned forward, our faces inches apart as I could feel his minty breath on my face. I tried to move away, but before I could, Taki traced his thumb over my lips, as if wiping something off them.

I backed away in embarrassment. "W-what was that?" "There was a little spice on your lips." He spoke. "S-spice? Y-you could've just told me. I would've wiped it off myself." My face turned red as I looked at him. "Okay."

I continued feeding Taki, while he obediently ate it. He was just about to swallow the last of his food, when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." Taki said. The door flew open and Hodaka came in with another parcel in his hand. He first greeted Taki, making the latter nod, before he turned to me. "Mitsuha, I got another parcel for you." He said as he placed a parcel on the table. "I see. Thank you Hodaka." Hodaka smiled, making my eyes widen as a small blush crept up to my cheeks.

Hodaka just smiled at me? It was the first time he smiled at me. He looked so handsome with a smile, then an ice-cold face. I was broken out of my train of thoughts by a sound of someone clearing their throat. Hodaka bowed and left the room, while I turned around, only to see Taki look upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I got off the bed and went to the table. "Don't smile at other men too much." He said, making me stare at him incredulously. However, I smirked the next moment. "Are you... jealous?" I asked, making Taki turn away, his face turning red. "I have every right to be."

I laughed and was about to start eating, when the door opened again. I looked up and was surprised to see Miki Okudera standing at the door. "Get out you slut!" Miki shouted as she pointed at me. "How dare you! Barging into my room unannounced and calling my fiancée a slut. You have some nerve." Taki said angrily, making me look at him.

"T-Taki... I was just... worried for you." Miki stuttered. "Who gave you the permission to come in? I was enjoying my time with my fiancée until you ruined it." Taki's voice was colder than ice and sharper than a knife, cutting right into the heart. Miki shivered. "Hodaka! Drag Okudera-san out now! And tell the hospital staff she's a stalker and to not let her in again."

Hodaka nodded and dragged Miki out of the room, who kept shouting to be released. I simply ignored it and started eating my food, although I kept glancing at Taki once in a while. Why does he always seem so upset whenever he sees Miki? Weren't Taki and Miki childhood friends? Could this be related to Taki's friend's, Shinta Takagi's death?

I kept thinking for a while. If the rumors were true, that Tsukasa was the one who tried to get in between Taki and Miki's budding relationship and killed Shinta, why would Taki take me to meet him when we were in US? Also, why would Tsukasa try to kill Shinta? Why is Miki so obsessed with Taki? Just what happened with the four of them to break apart like this?

Rumor has it that Taki and Miki had a budding relationship, making Tsukasa jealous. In his jealousy, he tried to make Miki his, despite knowing the fact that Taki and Miki had feelings for each other. When Miki didn't yield to him, he tried to kill Taki, only for Taki to be saved by Shinta, causing his demise. After that, Tsukasa was charged with a murder case and trial for murder. Unable to bear the hatred he got from the public; Tsukasa left Japan.

But was the truth really that simple?