32. Jealous

Mitsuha POV:

Taki didn't leave my side even for a single moment. Although I could understand that he was worried for me... I couldn't help but feel annoyed. He was literally sticking to me like glue. Ugh... what a pain.

"Taki, come here." Itsuki-san called his son, making Taki sigh before leaving my side. I glanced at him and was taken aback by his expression. Although his face looked as stoic as possible... his eyes seemed... scared? Was I imagining things?

I kept observing Taki and his movements as he stood between his parents for a picture. Mrs. Tachibana placed her hand on Taki's shoulder, stilling him even more. I frowned as I kept observing Taki's reaction. At first glance, no one could make out anything from that ice cold expression of his. However, after living with him for so long, I was able to understand Taki's emotions better.

'Is he... scared? But why? Why is he so scared of his own mother?' At that thought, my eyes traveled from Taki to his mother and then his father. 'Hm. Taki resembles his father more, huh?' Coming to think of it, why didn't I realize this tension in him sooner when Mrs. Tachibana hugged Taki? Was I just too stunned back then?

"Mitsuha?" A familiar voice startled me out of my thoughts, making me turn around and see Tsukasa. "Tsukasa?! You actually came here?" I was shocked speechless. "Of course, I did. After reading that letter, I can't just leave Taki to suffer in those devils' hands." My eyes widened as a smile formed on my lips. "Thank you, Tsukasa!" I said happily.

Tsukasa smiled as he ruffled my hair, although he frowned the next moment. "Just so you know... I'm not doing this for Taki. I'm doing this for you." He said, making me blink. "I don't want to lose someone else important to me again all because of my ego. Once was enough. I lost everything back then. I don't want to lose anyone or anything anymore." "And you never will. I promise." I said as I held his hand, making Tsukasa smile at me.

I looked towards Taki, who was being dragged away by his parents. "Mitsuha, shall we grab a bite to eat?" Tsukasa asked me, making me nod. I had just turned around, my eyes glancing at Taki one last time, and I was taken aback. Taki looked so scared; his soul could go flying out of his body.

I was just about to follow him when Tsukasa held my hand. "Tsukasa-" I started but Tsukasa cut me off. "Don't... Mitsuha. Just come with me. Please." Before I could even respond, Tsukasa dragged me away from there.

The two of us went to the garden, making me smile. The smell of fresh flowers really helped me calm down. "Tsukasa, can I ask you something if you don't mind?" I asked, making Tsukasa nod. "What was Taki like when he was a child?" I asked, making Tsukasa stiffen slightly. I looked at him and sighed.

"He... he was a really cheerful boy." Tsukasa said while smiling as he turned around to look at the flowers. "He was also quite popular with girls. In fact, he would get a at least one love letter a day." My eyes widened. "To think that Dracula is popular with girls." I said, making Tsukasa laugh. "Dracula? You actually called Taki a Dracula?" He asked while laughing. "That's because he is a Dracula." I replied.

"Well coming back... even if he was popular with girls, he never accepted any of the love letters. In fact, I thought he'd never fall in love with anyone. In high school, me, Taki and Shinta met Miki and she also joined our gang. He was basically the ace of our class in practically anything. Academics, sports, extra-curriculars, you name it. That made his father put high hopes on him. However, I remember Taki saying he didn't want to become the CEO of Tachibana Industries. And that's when Miki and Itsuki-san devised a plan to split me, Taki and Shinta up."

"I see." I said as I touched my chin. "Come to think of it, Taki is a carbon copy of his father." I said, making Tsukasa nod. "Mitsuha, I'm afraid Taki needs you after this. So... I'll go around searching for clues of Shinta's death. You stay with Taki." Tsukasa said. Before I could respond Tsukasa ruffled my hair and gently pushed a few locks of hair off my face. He smiled softly once before leaving me.

I remained in my place, staring at Tsukasa's back, wondering what that was. Suddenly, I felt a cold chill on my back, making me shiver. I tried to move away, but before I could, I felt a hand grab my hand and pull me back. I spun around and saw Taki look at me with a jealous look on his face.

"Tachi-ah!" Before I could complete, Taki pulled me away from there. "Tachibana-san! What are you doing?" I exclaimed. However, Taki didn't respond and simply kept dragging me along with him. 

We reached the rooftop and Taki closed the door before slamming me against it. "That hurts!" I hissed in pain as I rubbed my back. "Doubt it hurts as much as this." Taki said as he held his chest. I scoffed. "Tachibana-san, you're being unreasonable." I said and tried to move away. However, Taki slammed his hand beside my head, clearly not letting me go.

I sighed. "Calm down tiger. Why are you so jealous even with Tsukasa? Honestly, jealous men are scary." I spoke. "Mitsuha," Taki's soft tone, startled me. "Did Tsukasa... tell you everything?" He asked.

I looked away, feeling uneasy. "Ah... that... well..." I stuttered, unable to find the right words. Given the type of person Taki is, he'd never let anyone, let alone a girl find out his bitterness. However, the next moment, Taki held my chin and turned my face before slamming his lips on mine.

I was taken aback by his sudden attack and remained frozen in my place for a moment. However, I quickly snapped out of it and tried to move away from him, making him kiss me harder as he kept invading my mouth, his hands traveling to my waist, pressing me against him. Unable to breathe, I slammed my hands on his chest. After lingering for another moment, Taki moved away from me, letting me breathe again.

I pushed him away. "Are you trying to kill me by not letting me breathe?" I asked in anger as I kept breathing heavily while wiping my lips. "Don't talk to other men so much. Even Tsukasa." He said in annoyance. "Ugh. Jealous King, you're not my father. So, stop ordering me." I said, making Taki smirk. "You're right. Although..." He suddenly pulled me towards him as he wrapped his arms around my body and leaned down. "I'd love to be your daddy." He said and kissed my neck. I moaned softly, fighting the urges inside me and tried to push him away.

However, Taki gently nipped the tender skin over there, making me tilt my neck, giving him more access. His warm tongue then licked that place, easing the pain slightly. "Another time." He whispered, making me come back to my senses.

"You bastard!" I shouted as I smacked his head, while Taki just laughed his heart out.