11. Bad Morning

"Mitsuha! Mitsuha! Open the door!" I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. Last night's events made me cry the whole night. "Onee-chan! Onee-chan!!" Yotsuha ran to my room and started shaking me. I groaned louder as I got up. A lot of murderous thoughts and tears made it hard for me to sleep last night. By the time I slept, it was two in the morning.

"Yotsuha, what is it?" I asked in a raspy voice. "Mitsuha! Open the door right now!!" I was startled awake by the landlady's screams. "What?" I whined. "Come out!" I groaned and went to the door. "What is it?" I asked. "I don't know what you or your sister have been up to these days, but you better not bring trouble for me." The landlady said. "What?" I asked confused.

"Onee-chan, look outside the window." Yotsuha said while pointing at the window. I rubbed my eyes and sauntered over to the window. And my eyes almost popped out of their sockets. At the entrance of the house was the press holding mics and cameras, waiting till... till I come!

"What the-" I started but the landlady cut through me. "Did you murder someone?" I snapped at her. "What did you say?" "Did you commit a crime? Or else why will the press be interested in a mediocre girl like you." I blinked in shock. "I. Am low key offended."

"Whatever," She scoffed. "Take care of that. Or else I'll kick you both out of my apartment." She said and walked away. I looked back at the reporters who gathered at the front door of the house. "Onee-chan! What do we do?" Yotsuha asked me. However, my mind had completely shut down, with only one thought running in my mind. Taki Tachibana!!!! YOU'RE DEAD!!!

"Onee-chan! I need to go to school today. My teacher said there's an important lesson today." Yotsuha cried. However, I didn't listen to her and ran to the bathroom with my clothes. As I did, I saw the time and nearly had a heart attack. I only had fifteen minutes to get ready!

"Yotsuha! Are you ready?!" I asked from my room while I was quickly took out a dress to wear for the office. "I am!" She shouted. However, I didn't listen since I had already disappeared into the bathroom.

Once I got ready, I took my bag and shoes in one hand and Yotsuha's hand in the other. I was just about to open the door when Yotsuha pulled me back. "Onee-chan! The reporters are still there!" She cried, stilling me in place. My god! I had forgotten about that.

I ran to the backdoor, my one hand holding my office bag and shoes and the other holding Yotsuha's hand. My bad luck, it was locked. "Misaki-san!" I cried at the top of my lungs. "Open the back door!!" "Open it yourself! I'm not your servant!" The landlady shouted.

"Oh, for god's sake!" I muttered in anger while scanning the room. Suddenly, I noticed a small window at the corner. I quickly picked up Yotsuha, startling her. "Onee-chan-" "Yotsuha! Climb out! Quick!" I said in a hurry. Yotsuha quickly scurried out of the window and fell to the ground.

I followed just behind her. However, unlike Yotsuha, I was taller, so I had a harder time to get out. I managed to get out after a while and fell on the hard, cement ground, the pain shooting up my bones. "Onee-chan!" Yotsuha shouted, making me cover her mouth in horror. However, it was already too late, since the reporters heard Yotsuha's voice and turned to me.

"She's over there!" One reporter shouted, making me snap my head at him in horror. I quickly got up and ran, holding Yotsuha's hand in one hand and holding my bag and shoes in the other. The reporters scrambled away from my house and ran behind me and my sister. Since there were reporters following us, I took another route through the bushes so that it would be easier to lose the reporters.

I ran to the bus stop and quickly ran into the first bus I saw, scaring every passenger in it. "Yotsuha, you might have to go to school late today." I said while panting, making her nod. Luckily, there were no leaves in her hair or grime on her face. Except for the fact that her uniform got dirty due to running through bushes, she was perfectly fine. Unlike her, my face was covered in dust, leaves stuck in my hair and my face and hands were red due to falling on cement.

Yotsuha got off the next stop and went to her school, while I just sat in the bus, waiting for my stop. By the time I reached The Tachibana Industries, I was no better. Leaves still stuck in my hair, my face was still red and there was dust all over my body. The only difference was, I had my shoes on.

When I entered the building, everyone gasped, either because of my appearance, or because I was the boss's fiancée. However, none of that mattered. I had a CEO to murder. I stormed through the office, pushing my way through the people who were blocking me and went to the elevator.

The doors opened soon enough, and I walked inside. As I reached the CEO's floor, I stomped over to Taki's office and swung open the door. Taki was sitting on his chair, his elbows resting on the armrest. He kept staring at something on the desk, his mind lost somewhere.

When he heard the door open, he looked up and a small smile appeared on his lips. "I was waiting for you." "I bet you did." I strode over to his table and slammed my hands on it. "Do you have any idea how disastrous my life became after what you did? Do you even care about that!" I hissed through my teeth. "Not only mine! You ruined my sister's life as well!"

However, Taki didn't respond and simply stood up from his chair, glancing at me once before his lips curled up into an amused smile. "You have leaves in your hair." He spoke. "It's a new hairstyle." I replied in a humorless tone, making Taki laugh.

"I have a gift for you." He said, making me scoff. "The last thing I want is a gift from you. And did you not hear what I said? My life is ruined thanks to you!" As expected, Taki ignored it and took something out of his desk drawer.

"Here." He opened a small, blue box and I had a mini heart attack seeing what was inside. There was a beautiful, red ruby ring with small diamonds surrounding the stone. "What is that?" I said, making Taki look at me while raising his eyebrows. "Uh... a ring?" I glared at him. "I know it's a ring. I'm saying, why are you showing it to me." "I'm not showing it to you. I'm giving it to you."

He grabbed my right hand and gently pushed the ring on my finger. "What are you doing?" I tried to pull back my hand, but Taki held it tightly. "We're engaged. And this is the ring." he said as he stretched his hand out and pulled out a few leaves from my hair.

"We are not engaged. I'm taking this off." I exclaimed in shock. However, Taki grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, making our chests press against each other. I shivered realizing the distance between us. Taki kept his finger under my chin and tilted my face up.

"Don't you dare remove it fiancée." He smirked before leaning forward to my ear and whispered. "Or there will be consequences." Why you little-

"Mr. Tachibana." Hodaka knocked on the door, and Taki sighed in frustration. "What is it Hodaka?" He asked in an annoyed tone. Hodaka strode in with a frightened look on his face. "Uh... um..." he stuttered, making Taki narrow his eyes in suspicion. "What?"

"Hi darling!" Miki strode in with a large smile on her face. Taki's jaw tightened, his eyes darkening. "What is she doing here?" He spat in a fury. Miki giggled. "I'm your new PA."