4. Avoidance

"He's coming! Hide!" All three of us hid behind a car as we saw CEO Tachibana come out of the building.

Three days passed by, and so far, there has been no problems in avoiding CEO Tachibana. These past few days, we kept tracking all of CEO Tachibana's moves. His arrival time, leaving time, lunch time, at what time he visits which department. We kept track of his every single move to avoid meeting him in the future. I began coming half-an-hour sooner than him and left half-an-hour after he left. I wasn't sure whether he remembers me, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

In short, we became Tachibana-san's crazy stalkers. Not a proud title to have, but it's for survival. "Sayaka, show me what you got." Tessie asked and she pulled out a diary. Somehow, Sayaka managed to get a hold of CEO Tachibana's schedule, and it was a blessing. Now, I could avoid him even better.

My eyes suddenly stopped at a place written 'fiancée announcing day.' "What's this?" I asked as I pointed at that place. "Oh, Tachibana-san's going to be announcing his fiancée to the public on the company's anniversary." Sayaka said. "That dracula actually has a fiancée?" I asked in shock. "Did you just call him dracula?" Tessie asked, equally shocked. "So what? No one heard it." I replied.

"Yeah, he has a fiancée. Everyone's been talking about it. But you've been so busy avoiding CEO Tachibana, so you wouldn't know." Saya-chan said mockingly. "Anyways, weeks ago, the story of Tachibana-san having a fiancé got leaked to the media. And the public went nuts. I mean, he's the handsome, hot billionaire bachelor every girl wants to marry. The media also kept pestering the Tachibana family and his mother, Mrs. Tachibana said her son would announce her on the company anniversary party."

"Wow! Someone as scary as Tachibana-san actually has a fiancée." I said in disbelief. "I know right." Saya-chan agreed. "Hey, I'll be right back. I need to go to the washroom." She said and left her seat, leaving me and Tessie alone. Tessie kept looking at the diary, more like looking at the company anniversary date.

"Mitsuha, you're skipping the anniversary as well, right?" He asked to which I hummed in agreement. The more I avoid that dracula, the better. "Well, I'm planning on skipping too. Shall we hang out that day?" He asked to which I nodded as a smile spread across my lips. "I'll tell this to Saya-chan once she comes back." "No! I mean... um... j-just the t-two of us." He asked while stammering, making me look at him. "T-there's something I want to tell you." "Then tell me. I'm listening." "No! I-I can't tell it here. It's personal." He said with a blushing face, making me look at him. 'Tessie and I alone?' That thought on its own made my cheeks turn pink. I slowly nodded as I smiled at him, making him smile back at me.

***

I sighed deeply as I looked at the towering building of The Tachibana Industries. I had just entered the lobby when I saw the elevator doors closing. I quickly ran towards the lift and placed my hand between the doors, making the doors open again. I looked up with a smile, but it melted instantly. Because I was looking directly at that dracula, Taki Tachibana.