41. Justice Served

Mitsuha POV:

"Taki! Why did you get up?" I asked as I hurried into the bedroom. I quickly placed the food tray I was holding on the table and held his hand to support him. "I just wanted to go to the bathroom." He spoke. I nodded and supported him to the bathroom. "Call me once you're done. I'll be waiting outside." I said, making Taki nod while I left the washroom.

After waiting for a while, I heard Taki call for me, making me go inside and support him back to the bed. I had just placed him on the bed when Taki suddenly pulled me, making me fall on top of him, as the two of us fell on the bed. "Ta-" I was just about to speak when Taki pressed the back of my head forward and locked our lips.

I melted in the kiss as I slowly closed my eyes, letting his tongue invade my mouth. After a passionate kiss that nearly rendered me breathless, I moved away from Taki and stared into those deep blue eyes I loved so much.

There were times we would drive 'til the sun broke

Through the black of the night on a wide road

Paved in dreams, that led me back to you

Lit a spark in the dark gave me no choice

In the night, you're a light in the white noise

Suddenly, my heart said something new

In your eyes, I swear I feel forever

And I'm falling into the deepest part of you

In your eyes, I feel my heart surrender

As your love breaks through

I'm lost inside your deep blue

After he was shot, Taki was hospitalized for three weeks. He was actually supposed to be discharged sooner, but I suggested him to stay for longer, to which Taki agreed to, given how worried I was. I gently touched Taki's cheek, making him lean against as he cupped my hand.

The police took Itsuki Tachibana into custody for trying to shoot his own son. With Tsukasa's help, we managed to prove his innocence and clear both his and Shinta's names. When the truth came out, the whole country lashed out at The Tachibana Industries and various news channels who had shamelessly spread the false and twisted news while Miki was also arrested for the murder of Shinta Takagi.

"I'm finally at peace." Taki said, making me look at him. "What do you mean Taki?" I asked. "I finally feel like Shinta forgave me." He said. "Taki. Did you forget what Shinta wrote in the letter? He never blamed you." "But I blame myself. If I had just talked to Tsukasa normally instead of losing myself in anger, none of this would've happened."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, startling the two of us. I walked up to the door and was stunned to see Tsukasa at the entrance. "Hey Mitsuha," He beamed with a wide smile. "Can I come in?" He asked. "Tsukasa," I moved away, letting him inside.

Taki looked away, unable to look at Tsukasa in the eye. "What happened to him?" Tsukasa asked me. "He's feeling guilty." Tsukasa hummed and straightened his glasses. "How are you feeling Taki?" He asked. "I'm fine now." Taki replied, not even daring to look at Tsukasa.

"Okay, I know you're much more handsome than me. But that doesn't mean I'm so ugly that you avoid eye contact with me." Tsukasa said jokingly, making me grin. "I'm sorry Tsukasa." Taki apologized as he looked at his friend. "I never thought Miki and my father would do such a disgusting thing. I even shouted at you without knowing the reason." "I'm sorry too Taki. I was so blinded by Miki, that I didn't trust you no matter how many times you said the truth."

"So... I guess we're even?" Taki asked hesitatingly, making Tsukasa laugh. "Then what do you say? Friends again?" Tsukasa asked as he raised his hand for a handshake, which Taki did. "You're such a hot news topic you know. There isn't even one news channel which isn't talking about the Tachibana's." Tsukasa said. "Hm. I heard that you're getting apologies from various people as well." Taki said.

"Ya. It was so annoying that I turned off my phone in the end." Tsukasa said in a light tone, making me grin. "Almost makes me want to run away again in embarrassment." I laughed at his comment, while Taki grinned. "First you ran away because you were humiliated, now you want to run away because you're embarrassed, huh?" "I'm a human Taki, unlike you, who's a Dracula."

Taki's jaw dropped to the floor, while I bursted out laughing. "I guess I know who's the culprit." Taki said with a sigh. The next moment, he pinched my waist, making me yelp in pain. "You're the only one who calls me that." He said. "Not anymore." Tsukasa said, making me smirk.

"Uff. Why do you even call me a Dracula?" Taki asked, feeling annoyed. "That's because you are." Both Tsukasa and I said at the same time, making Taki groan in frustration. "Finally, your house has some color. Every time I used to come over when we were kids, it was always pitch black. It was quite annoying." Tsukasa said, making me smile. "Well then, I guess you can thank me." I said proudly as I pointed at myself.

The three of us laughed. "So... what do you plan on doing now Taki?" Tsukasa asked. "What do you mean? Once I heal up, I'll go back to Tachibana Industries." Taki said. "What? What about you and Mitsuha? When do you two plan on getting married?" Tsukasa asked, making Taki sigh.

"Well, there are still a lot of my father's supporters in the company. If they are not removed from their positions or fired, it will endanger my other employees. So, I first need to take care of that." Taki said before turning to look at me, a warm smile resting on his face. "After that, we can plan on getting married."

I blushed and nodded. "Well then, I should go. I have some more court work to take care of." Tsukasa said as he stood up. "Do you have to leave so soon?" Taki asked. "Tsukasa, why don't you stay here for some more time?" I asked. "I'd love to. But I can't. Itsuki-san is quite a powerful and dangerous man. If I don't move fast, he would take advantage of this spare time and manage to take back the claims presented against him."

Both Taki and I looked down, knowing that what he said was the truth. "Well then, I'll get going. Be careful Taki." Tsukasa said, making Taki nod. Tsukasa waved one last time before he left the mansion.

"Mitsuha," Taki spoke up, making me look at him. "I want to show you something. Come with me." He said as he gently held my hand and pulled me up. I followed him up to his garden rooftop. "What is Taki?" I asked. "You'll see soon enough."

No sooner than he said that, thin, white streaks shot in the sky, making me gasp. Beautiful, thin streaks of light shot down the sky while the stars looked like beautiful pearls, shining proudly. "Oh my god! Shooting stars!" I exclaimed as I ran forward, making the flowers sway with the wind, their intoxicating smell filling the air.  "It's beautiful." I said.

Taki suddenly leaned onto me, burying his face in my neck, smelling my fragrance. "You smell so good, Miyamizu-san." He said before he bit down on my neck, making me moan and tilt my neck, giving him more access. "Thank you so much Mitsuha." Taki said. "If it wasn't for you, I would've lived in guilt for the rest of my life." The two of us remained in silence as we stared at the sky above us. "I love you Mitsuha." I gasped.

'Indeed. Making her my fiancée was the best decision I had ever taken in my life.' Taki thought. 'Ever since she entered my life, it became so colorful and bright. I know she doesn't love me. But please... just a little longer.' However, Taki's thoughts were broken when I spoke up. "I'll do anything for you, Taki." I said, making him still.

"Do you want to know why?" I asked him, making him nod. "Because I love you too, Taki Tachibana." I said, making Taki widen his eyes as a smile spread across his face in pure astonishment. The next moment, he hugged me tight, which I returned, trying to keep in mind his wound. We then sealed our love in a passionate kiss under the stars, as the smell of flowers kept intoxicating us.