7. Exhaustion

I sighed as the sun hit my face, while I stood in front of the doors of The Tachibana Industries. Hanging on either side of the two pillars was a large banner which read 'Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Tachibana Industries.' In all honesty, I didn't want to come today. But I was afraid of what consequences that Dracula would impose on me. In the end, it's always better to be safe than sorry, right?

Anyways, tomorrow is the big day. Not anniversary big day, but fiancée big day. They're doing all the decorations today. Due to the anniversary becoming a huge event due to Taki Tachibana's anonymous fiancée, the people of The Tachibana Industries became extremely busy.

The past one week had been hell for me. Every damn day was the same. I had to wake up early, make breakfast and lunch for my younger sister Yotsuha and work on five designs at the same time, while doing stupid chores for that blood-sucking Dracula. Those consequences he mentioned sure were harsh. I had to work overtime almost every day, working on various designs given to me by Taki Tachibana. Since I am a workaholic, I didn't complain much initially.

However, Yotsuha's exams started coming up. So, she asked me to teach her the subjects she didn't understand. And so, product designing, housework, Yotsuha's exams and the anonymous fiancée of Taki Tachibana kept me running around like a mad dog, draining out the last bit of my energy.

***

"Mitsuha," Saya-chan cried as soon as she saw me. "you've got to help me. I have two dresses which I want to wear. One's pink and the other's yellow. Tell me, which would look cuter." I stared at her before I sighed. "Show me how both of them look." I said as my eyes nearly dropped in exhaustion.

"Mitsuha, did you work overtime last night as well?" Tessie asked, looking at the bags under my eyes. They were as big as a girl's shopping bag. "I-" Before I could complete, our VP came to our desk. "Miyamizu-san." "Yes?" I spun around, looking at her. "Take these to the CEO. He needs it immediately." "Huh?" Before I could ask, the VP handed me a blue file. I sighed and took them from her hand before I slowly got off my chair.

My legs felt like jelly, my whole-body sore and my head felt as heavy as lead. "Miyamizu-san, are you alright?" The VP asked, making me look at her. "I'm... exhausted ma'am. But it's alright. Excuse me." I said and forced myself to move.

Oh my god! I feel so sick! I could puke any moment. However, I dragged my feet to the CEO's floor and slowly made my way to the CEO's office. People gave me looks of sympathy, yet none of them came forward to help me. Stupid elite staff who think they're superior.

I kept walking to the end of the hall, taking small steps and finally reached The CEO's office. I knocked the door and waited. Hodaka Morishima opened the door and my eyes instantly fell on Taki Tachibana sitting at the head of the table, discussing something with the heads of different departments.

"Are you from the design department?" The head of my department, Yukari Yukino-san asked. At that moment, Taki Tachibana turned around and our eyes met. Looking at me, his lips curved upward into an amused smile. "Did you bring the proposal?" Yukari-san asked, making me agree.

I forced myself to move and went up to Yukari-san, holding the file tightly in my hand. To my bad luck, she was sitting right next to Taki Tachibana, making me stand next to him while handing her the file. The whole time, Taki Tachibana kept looking at me with that smirk on his lips. I could feel his burning gaze on me, his eyes scanning my body, starting from my head to my chest, waist, almost like he was sizing me up.

I couldn't help but curse him internally. It was because of him, I'm this miserable now. His short deadlines and innumerable number of tasks nearly made my brain melt. It was also because of him; I had been working overtime the past few days, barely getting any rest. Unable to take the strain anymore, my body tilted to the side and my eyes closed against my will. I felt a strong arm grab me by my waist before my world blackened.

Taki POV:

"Mitsuha! Mitsuha! Wake up!" I patted Mitsuha's cheek while shaking her to wake her up. "Tachibana-san! You know her?" Yukari Yukino asked me in shock, making my eyes widen ever so slightly. However, I quickly returned to my cold demeanor. "Kind of. I caught her deceiving me a few weeks ago." I spoke.

"My apologies, but this meeting is dismissed. Hodaka! Call the doctor here!" I shouted at my secretary. Hodaka Morishima quickly came inside and ushered everyone out. He then called the ambulance and I waited. I picked up Mitsuha in my arms and gently placed her on one of the chairs, making her lean back comfortably. My god! She's so light!

I was tempted to run downstairs with Mitsuha in my arms and just drive her to the hospital. But if I do that, the lid I tried so hard to keep will blow off. If that woman, my old man and that gold digging slut Miki find out I touched another woman now, they'd turn her life into a living hell. I knew I was being too harsh with Mitsuha. But this was the only way I could keep her by my side for longer.

I know. I'm just what Mitsuha described me as. Selfish. Arrogant. And inconsiderate. In fact, nothing can describe me better than these words. But, if being selfish, arrogant and inconsiderate helps in keeping me and the love of my life safe, then I'll do it.

Looking at Mitsuha's pale, sunken face, my heart clenched in guilt. It was my fault she's like this. I was the one who made her work overtime for the past few days. I gently stroked her cheek and pushed the hair which was masking her face. "Sir! The ambulance came!" Hodaka shouted as he barged inside. "Quick! Carry Mitsuha!" I ordered. Hodaka picked up Mitsuha from my arms and rushed outside.

I was tempted to run after him. But I braced myself. 'Don't. Don't Taki!' If that she-devil finds out now, Mitsuha will suffer... just like them. I walked up to the window and stared outside. Hodaka just came out, carrying Mitsuha in his arms and rushed to the ambulance which was near the main gate. The nurses came out of the van with a bed and Hodaka gently placed her on it. The nurses pushed the bed into the ambulance and sped off.

I simply stared at everything from my window, my heart clenching in guilt as tears brimmed in my eyes.