14. Flight

The alarm startled me awake, making me wake up from my soft bed and turn it off. Suddenly, a knock on the door startled me, making me look up. "Get ready. We're leaving in thirty minutes." I heard Taki's voice making me sigh.

I quickly got off my bed and freshened up in a jaw dropping luxurious bathroom and got dressed in a yellow t-shirt and a pink overcoat over it and pink pants. I tied up my hair in a half ponytail with my ribbon. I then quickly packed my clothes, lotion and other cosmetics in a suitcase I found in the walk-in wardrobe and a man in a black suit came in and took it from me, asking me to follow him.

Before I went downstairs for breakfast, I slowly opened Yotsuha's room door and walked inside. My sister was still sleeping peacefully on the bed, her hair messed up. I smiled and gently ruffled her hair. "I'm going, Yotsuha. Take care." I whispered and placed a small peck on her forehead before I left the room, slowly closing the door behind me.

I quickly ran downstairs and got inside Taki's car. Taki got in from the other side while Hodaka sat in the front seat. A driver came in the next second and started driving away. After driving for a while, I spoke up. "So, when's this gonna stop?" I asked. "When we reach the airport." Taki replied, his eyes glued to his phone, making me look at him.

"I'm not talking about the car. I meant us." I spoke. "I told you already, didn't I?" Taki asked. "Why can't you pay someone to play the role of being your fiancée?" I asked, feeling annoyed. "I don't want to pay someone for the rest of my life." Taki said. "Then why didn't you make it like six months or one year?" I asked, making him look at me.

"You should really stop reading those kinds of books, Mitsuha." Taki said. "Answer me." I spoke. "Okay. It's till death do us part because my parents wouldn't stop forcing me to marry Miki in just six months or one year. So, I need a permanent solution." "And that's me?" "Yup."

I raised my hands. "Why me? You should've chosen a girl you love to do this." "I don't do love Mitsuha." "That's ridiculous. You must've dated at least once? Or even have a crush, right?" "I never dated. Neither did I ever have a crush."

I was stunned. "You never dated? Then, who did you have your first kiss with?" "You." My jaw dropped to the floor, while Taki simply pushed it back up. "I'm your first kiss? That means you're a virgin?" I asked, feeling shocked. "Are you mocking me, Miyamizu-san?" Taki asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No." I replied while shaking my head. "I'm just surprised." "Why's that?" Taki asked. "Cause you're 26 and also handsome and rich?" I said uncertainly, making him smirk. "Thanks for the compliment." Idiot. "Anyways, what about you, Miyamizu-san? You're 25 and you never had a boyfriend either, did you?"

I stared at him. "That's because I've been saving up. Also, I have my younger sister to take care of. I don't have time or money to waste on dates." "Exactly. Just like you, I also have a reason." Taki said. "And that is?" "I hate people."

"Eh? You don't date because you hate people?" I asked incredulously. Taki sighed and turned away from me. "I find everyone who's interested in having a relationship with me as clingy and bothersome people. And the last thing I need is a distraction from my work."

I scoffed. "That's rich coming from you who forced me to be your fiancée." Taki pursed his lips. "That day I caught you in the elevator, I checked your work records. You're sincere and diligent in your work. You never take a leave and never miss a chance to work overtime." He then looked at me and winked playfully. "Who said only opposites attract?"

I sighed in annoyance. "Wow. So, my unhealthy work routine got you interested in me, huh?" "Ya. But I also like your arrogance, stubbornness and punishing you for deceiving me." I huffed and pushed back my hair which fell forward before leaning against the seat. "For god's sake, I just sneezed. Stop saying I deceived you." "That's what led you to deceiving me." "Please jump in your pool and grow some brains."

"But the main reason to your dedication to work was to support your sister, right?" He said, making my eyes widen as I looked at him. "To endure long hours of work, just for the sake of another, or for the sake of something greater than oneself, isn't something just anyone would do." He then turned to me and smiled. "I truly admire that."

My face reddened and I turned away feeling flustered. God! I wish this car could drive faster. While we reached the airport, the driver didn't stop and kept driving forward. After driving for a little longer, we reached a deserted area which had a single white plane, a large T on the front. 

My jaw dropped. Damn, the plane was quite big for a private jet. In fact, it was bigger than any of the airplanes I rode so far. I got out and was about to take out my suitcase when Taki took both our luggage and walked forward. "I can take it myself." I spoke. "How can I let a girl do labor?" He said while smirking making my eyebrow twitch. I sighed and simply walked behind him.