47. Wedding

Mitsuha POV:

I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. The wedding dress fit me perfectly while the material felt so soft against my skin. It was soft yet wasn't cheap. In fact, it was magnificent. My veil was in my hair while the make-up artists kept adding more layers of compact and blush on my skin.

"You look so beautiful ma'am." The make-up artists complimented me once they were over. "I'm sure Tachibana-san would be breathless when he sees you." They said, making me blush. Today was the big day. I was so excited and nervous as well.

Honestly, I was a bit scared. When the truth behind Taki's parents was released, the public went mad and nearly destroyed almost all the news channel's headquarters for spreading such false news. This resulted in a drop in revenue for The Tachibana Industries, since the entire thing was caused by us.

Due to a loss of customers and a drop in revenue, Taki had to work twice as hard to maintain his company's position. There were many times when the police came over to interrogate him, making it harder for him to look after the company. Luckily, I managed to help him in maintaining the records, and eventually, the public mellowed down sooner as a result.

Many news reporters, police and even a few politicians were arrested along with Itsuki and Sakura Tachibana for being part of the scandal. It took the public a whole month to eventually calm down, making our wedding be delayed by a whole month eventually.

'I'm glad everything turned out well though.' I thought as I smiled. "Onee-chan, you look beautiful." Yotsuha said, making me smile as I looked at her. "Thank you dear." I said. My father also came in, his eyes red and puffy while tears kept streaming out of his eyes. "Father. Please stop crying. It's my wedding." I said. "I know. I know Mitsuha. I'm just... so happy. I'm so glad you found such a good man as your husband."

I smiled. Indeed. Taki was the best person I could ever ask for. "Are you ready, Mitsuha? Shall we go?" My father asked, making me nod as I held his hand. With one hand holding a bouquet of flowers, and the other holding my father's hand, I walked down the aisle. Taki stood at the far end, wearing a beautiful white tuxedo. He looked extremely handsome under the soft sunlight that shone on him.

I blushed as I looked down, while Taki had tears in his eyes as he looked at me. All of our beautiful memories, from our first, disastrous meeting, how a simple sneeze changed my life, to the company party where he announced me as his fiancée to the world, everything kept playing in my mind like a kaleidoscope, making me smile softly as my cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. Once we finally reached the aisle, my father placed my hand on Taki's before covering it. "Please take care of my daughter." He said. "I promise father. As long as I live, I will never let Mitsuha shed a single tear." I blushed as I looked at Taki while my father just smiled warmly at the two of us.

The priest started his vows, although I barely heard anything. I just kept staring at Taki, looking deep into those beautiful, blue eyes of his, while Taki simply stared back at me, a warm smile on his face. "Do you, Taki Tachibana, take Mitsuha Miyamizu as your lawfully wedded wife? And do you promise to love her and cherish her, for as long as you live?" "I do." "Do you, Mitsuha Miyamizu, take Taki Tachibana as your lawfully wedded husband? And do you promise to love him and cherish him, for as long as you live?"

I looked at Taki and smiled before answering. "I do." "I now present you as husband and wife. You may now kiss." Taki pulled me by my waist and gently pressed his soft lips on mine, while I returned it, tasting those sweet lips I loved so much. The crowd erupted in a loud cheer and clapped, while party poppers bursted.

***

Once the wedding vows were over, it was time for me to throw my bouquet. I smiled and turned around, before I randomly threw the flowers. Soon enough, the crowd erupted in a loud scream, making me turn around. My eyes widened when I saw where the bouquet landed. It was between Hina-san's and Hodaka-san's laps. "Ooo. Hodaka-san! When are you going to marry Hina-san then?" Saya-chan teased, making their faces turn red, although neither of them denied it. "My hunch was right after all!" I said happily. "What?" Taki asked. "Those two like each other. I always thought there was something going on between those two."

"Don't tell me you purposefully aimed your bouquet at those two?" Taki asked. "Bingo! You got that right. However, why are you so surprised to hear that?" I asked. "Because I thought you'd throw your bouquet to Sayaka or Teshigawara." I laughed. "Nah. Those two need to work on their relationship a lot. Throwing the bouquet to them now would just be a burden to them."

"Congrats Taki and Mitsuha." I heard a voice come from behind us, making me smile and turn around. "Tsukasa!" We both exclaimed happily as we saw Tsukasa smiling at the two of us. Taki and Tsukasa's relation had improved a lot since then. I once asked whether he wanted to get married, however Tsukasa refused, saying he didn't want to get married just yet and wanted to wait until the hot news of The Tachibana's eventually cooled down.

Taki and I took a dozen photos, both with each other and with our family and friends. "Mitsuha onee-chan!" I heard a voice, making me smile widely as I looked around, searching for it's source. "Mitsuha onee-chan!" I turned around and saw Suzume-chan with Souta-kun, smiling as she handed me a gift. "Congratulations onee-chan!" Suzume-chan said happily. I hugged Suzume-chan and Souta-kun, making them return it. "I'm so happy you both could come." I said happily.

"Congratulations Mitsuha-san." Tohru-san congratulated me along with Kyo-san making me smile. "Tohru-san! You actually came!" I said happily as I hugged her. "Mitsuha-san. Please be gentle with her." Kyo-san asked, making me look at him. "Huh? Why?" I asked. "Because she's quite fragile right now." He said making me look at him. However, realization struck me the next moment, making me look at Tohru-san with wide eyes. "Really?!" I asked, making her nod happily. "When did you find out?" I asked. "One month ago." "That's amazing Tohru-san! Congratulations!" I said happily making her smile. "Thank you, Mitsuha-san."

***

The party eventually started, with all the couples dancing with one another. From the corner of my eye, I saw Kyo-san doing a slow, gentle dance with Tohru-san. My father stood at the corner, drinking champagne while talking to one of Taki's clients. My grandmother was talking to Yotsuha and laughing once in a while. Hodaka and Hina-san were dancing together, making a few people 'oo' them. After all, they were the ones who caught the bouquet. Tessie and Saya-chan were dancing together. I saw Saya-chan lean in one Tessie and whisper something in his ear, making him laugh loudly. Even Suzume-chan was dancing with Souta-kun, the two of them blushing, making my eyes widen.

"Finally. All the couples are sailing." I said happily. "Sailing? There's no water you know." Taki-kun said, making me look at him. "Stupid Tachibana." I said, making him pout slightly. "Your stupid Tachibana." I smiled. "Mine indeed."

"Mitsuha." Taki called me after dancing for a while, making me look at him. "Come with me. I have something to give you." "Huh?" I was slightly confused as I walked with him, although I slowly smirked. "Oh. Are you giving me helicopter as a gift?" I said, making him laugh. "No. I'm not gifting you a helicopter, because I want you to buy your own." He said, making me blink. "What?" Taki handed me an envelope, which I opened. I gasped when I saw it. It was a cheque of a hundred thousand yen.

"Taki-kun..." My voice faltered as I looked at him. "Go big, Mitsuha."