Genesis Arc - Ch. Sixteen: Mara vs Sword

Start from the beginning

Jingliu's initial grogginess gave way to full alertness. She scanned the room, her trained eyes searching for any sign of Y/N. A thought struck her, providing a momentary relief. "If his greatsword is here, then there's nothing to worry about," she murmured, moving towards a large, sheen case – the resting place for Y/N's renowned weapon.

Her hands, steady and practiced, opened the case. It was empty. Not a trace of the greatsword. In that instant, Jingliu's heart sank, a wave of worry washing over her. Her red eyes, usually so full of strength and resolve, now trembled with concern.

Jingliu stood motionless, the gravity of the situation sinking in. Y/N's absence, coupled with the missing greatsword, could only mean one thing – he had left on a mission. A mission he hadn't spoken of, a journey he had embarked on alone.

The realization hit her hard. Jingliu prided herself on understanding Y/N, on being his confidant and companion through every challenge. Yet, this departure, shrouded in secrecy, left her feeling a mix of worry and a rare sense of helplessness.

Gathering her composure, Jingliu stepped out of Y/N's room, her mind racing with possibilities. She knew she had to act, to find him, to understand why he had left without a word. The quiet of the room behind her contrasted sharply with the storm of thoughts in her mind.

As she made her way through the silent corridor of the house, Jingliu's determination solidified. She would find Y/N, and she would bring him back. No matter the cost, no matter the challenge, she would not let him face whatever dangers lurked in the shadows alone.

---

Dressed in her battle attire, Jingliu raced towards the Council's Headquarters. Her usually calm demeanor was replaced by a storm of emotions, each reflecting her deep concern for Y/N. Her swift movements, a blur to the onlookers, were driven by urgency and fear.

Upon reaching the grand doors of the Headquarters, Jingliu's fist connected with the heavy wood, sending the doors flying open with such force that they embedded themselves into the walls. The sound echoed through the corridors, announcing her arrival with a thunderous urgency.

She sprinted with incredible speed along the corridors, her focus unwavering. In mere moments, she located Jing Yuan, engaged in conversation with Hua. Her abrupt appearance, accompanied by gusts of wind, startled both of them.

Jing Yuan, attempting to shield himself from the wind, looked up to find his master before him. "What has gotten into you this fine morning, Master Jingliu?" he asked, his voice laced with concern and surprise.

Hua, now more mature and composed than in her younger days, observed Jingliu with a mixture of concern and confusion. "Jingliu, has something happened? You look... ragged," she noted, her eyes studying Jingliu's disheveled appearance.

Jingliu, her usual composure shattered, asked them urgently, "Have you... Have you both seen Y/N?" Her voice was tinged with panic, a rare show of vulnerability from the formidable swordswoman.

Jing Yuan, taken aback by her question, scanned their surroundings as if expecting to find Y/N there. It was unusual to see Jingliu without Y/N, the pair often inseparable, fitting together like two pieces of a puzzle.

"I... Do not know where Master Y/N has gone," Jing Yuan admitted, his voice reflecting his confusion.

Jingliu turned her pleading gaze to Hua, who shook her head. "I too have not seen him today..."

Hua's response, lacking her usual playful rivalry, underscored the gravity of the situation. The shift in their relationship, from hostility to a mutual understanding, was evident in her tone.