IT WAS ABOUT US

"Karan... you got to be kidding me!" exclaimed Tejasswi, seeing him practice shooting in the middle of the night, she had stayed over at the Merhotra residence after the whole confrontation with Lavanya. Despite the luxury of the ever posh and hi-tech room, the image of Karan and Lavi didn't let her have even a blink of sleep. Why and how does this bother her so much?

She had gotten out and randomly asked Laisa about Karan who informed her that he was practicing shooting. The guy does the wildest task in the weirdest hour.

"Couldn't sleep?" asked Karan, shooting the moving target, then let out a chuckle "Did Lavi leave quite a few sore spots?"

Why again was he referring to her with her nickname? "Very funny" she remarked, shaking her head at his aims. She had stopped being surprised about his expertise in various things "about feeling sleepy? Could ask you the same!"

"I was sleeping. Woke up to a nightmare" he placed the pistol down with a slight frown. "Sort of? Only that my mind was repainting memories of a shitty time I want to forget."

She walked closer and held his wrist gently before taking out the noice cancelation from his head "You won't tell me if I asked you, will you?" He shrugged lightly to which she let out a breath while her thumb traced his stubbled jawline and unconsciously he leaned into that feather-light touch "At least tell me you are fine?"

"I wasn't scared. I was angry and I wanted to let out that pent up emotion somewhere, so here I am" he said giving her a small smile, taking a bottle of water "Also congratulations, Kaushik chose you."

"And you don't seem happy about it?" she asked, passing him the night robe. Karan chuckled "Can I ever be happy in his happiness? Come on, you know that much!" She rolled her eyes "Of course" she replied "So you still up to your mission of ruining my wedding?"

"Maybe... maybe not" he shrugged, walking out along with her. She didn't say anything and as they reached the garden, the image of him and Lavi rolled up in her mmory again "You were very happy with Lavi?"

"You don't like me happy?" he asked with a knowing smile, he doesn't know why but her jealousy for him always left him with a warm feeling. He has had his share of possessive women but with her, it was different. He kind of... liked being her possession.

Shut up, Karan!

Remember the plan! Focus.

"I love you being happy" she replied, but then her voice went low "Just not with others."

"Pardon?" he asked, even though he heard her clear, he wasn't willing to indulge in emotions. Already being with her give rise to those sickening feelings he's still trying ways to delete. His team was useless!

"I just thought getting drunk and having the heartbroken dance was reserved for me" she said with a chuckle, trying to fake it as a joke but he could see the hurt in her eyes. She was an easy read but what he hated is how he didn't like this. While he loved seeing her jealous, he didn't like seeing her hurt!

"I talked to you about my grandfather, about me...I didn't talk about any of that to her" he said even though he didn't want to. At that moment, something in him just couldn't bear that fallen look in those intense eyes, "with Lavi, it was just about her. With you, it was about us."

She smiled at him "I wish you shared more though". "I wish so too"he replied, then closed his eyes, annoyed at himself. What was he even doing? He was supposed to push her away. This surely isn't going as per the plan!

"Well that reminds me, you promised me you'll do anything I say if I managed to seperate those teenagers, right?" asked Tejasswi, her tone changing. Karan turned towards her as they now stood in the middle of the garden, with the dew-soaked grass rubbing on their bare feet. "You remember that?" he raised an eyebrow "Fine. What do you want?"