HE CAME FIRST TO HER

"I don't believe you. You seriously didn't say that without any meaning", Tejasswi retorted once again as they arrived outside the jeweller's store. She had given him the keys when he said that he didn't want to lose her like someone else. It ran a million emotions in her mind, something she couldn't decipher or name. The thought that he's scared of losing her gave her a kind of euphoria she was unwilling to admit.

But when asked about it personally afterwards, he disregarded it as just another filmy line he simply alleged to get the car keys from her. She who knew the brilliancy of actor Karan Kundrra would've actually believed it if not for how extra focused he was while driving. The way his hands slightly shivered and the beads of sweat that formed on his forehead everytime he saw another vehicle nearing them.

"I already answered you. Stop being stuck at it and move on" replied Karan, annoyed and started to walk towards the store.

She grabbed his hand and pulled him back, "No. That wasn't a casual lie. You meant it, Karan. Your words held care. Care for the person you mentioned and even for me."

"Care ?? For you ??", his mocking voice was back in place. "You seriously need to stop thinking so high of yourself, Tejasswi."

He stepped back so that he was inches away from her face and looked her straight in the eyes before saying, "Remember, Karan Kundrra cares about absolutely nobody apart from himself. I am selfish, mean and can and will screw anyone without a second thought to get what I want"

He thus jerked his hands out of her hold and started to walk towards the shop,"Now hurry up, I don't have all day for your engagement bullshit. I have a shooting to attend later on"

Tejasswi just stood there staring at his retreating figure. He was such an enigma, a mystery so complicated that it messed up her entire existence.She wanted to believe what he said because she had seen him selfish and mean almost always. Still she couldn't deny the care she felt from him. Care towards her !

"So which one looks better ?", Tejasswi asked Karan as the jeweller showed them various designs. Getting no reply she looked sideways only to see him working on his phone. "Karan, you're here to help me,"she frowned and grabbed the phone out of his hands.

"I'm here to help you with the size and not the design. I don't like shopping", he said snatching his phone back. She scowled at his casualness. God, how more irritating can a human be ! Though the matter that now irritated her more was the way one of the lady assistants was looking at him like he was a piece of meat. Karan remained totally oblivious to her lustful eyes while it exasperated Tejasswi to no end.

Looking her straight with pointed eyes, Tejasswi shifted a bit closer to him and pulled his arm.

Karan looked at her amused by the action, then following her line of vision he internally chuckled at her attempt to safeguard him from someone's licentious gaze. He didn't need it, he knew. He was over the time where he needed someone to protect him in life, someone to care for him. But he simply couldn't bring himself to remove her hand and pull away.

He rolled his eyes at the zenith and thought internally "Seriously almighty!? You give me someone who cares for me without any reason, now ?? You couldn't have given this girl to the old Sunny ?"

"What's his size?", Tejasswi's question interrupted his train of thoughts and he forwarded his other hand to her "His size is the same as mine" he replied in an obvious time to which she rolled her eyes, "Really ?? You couldn't have said this to me earlier ? I wouldn't have to tolerate you today"

Karan kept staring at her and the corner of his lips slowly went up in a mocking sneer. "What ?", she snapped. "No, isn't it just funny how you don't know the ring size of the man you've known for years and is going to be married to but know ring size of someone whom you've met only weeks back"