HATE AT FIRST SIGHT

Tejasswi stood rooted to her place , unable to comprehend what had happened for a second. She couldn't find her voice but the racing of her heart was clearly audible to her. What was she supposed to do ? She was here for the first meet between both her and her boyfriend's family and her boyfriend's brother , whom she had admired work-wise for so many years and was just fantasizing about , kissed her , that too infront of her boyfriend.

But the thing that absolutely terrified her was that she liked it. She liked the way he didn't give a damn about anything else before he claimed her like that.

"What the hell, Karan !" , Kaushik pulled him back . "What ?? You wanted me to not be rude with her. I'm just being nice and loving towards my sister-in-law , what's wrong in that?" , Karan said with an overly sweet smile.

"That's not what you do when someone asks you to not be rude. For heaven's sake , can you behave like a normal person for once !" , Kaushik said helplessly as he didn't know what else to do. "Why would I behave like one, when I'm not any normal person ?! I'm Karan Kundrra." , Karan said with a smirk again.

"What's happening here ?" , a female voice behind Karan , Omi and Jessica came towards them. It was then Tejasswi got out of her trance and  looked at the voice along with everyone else. A girl with petite body , long dark brown hair and beautiful eyes came to stand besides Tejasswi.

"Lavanya ? How... Why are you here ?" , Kaushik was surprised. "Teju called me to join her family today. But that's not what is important now." , Lavanya gently shook Tejasswi , as she had just witnessed everything.

"Teju , are you okay?" ,she looked straight at Tejasswi in concern. Tejasswi looked at Kaushik who was still trying to get Karan to behave normally and whispered still in a state of shock, that only Lavanya could hear, "He... He kissed me infront of Kaushik"

"Are you offended that he kissed you ? Or that he kissed you infront of Kaushik ? You sound like you wouldn't have minded if it was in private" , Lavanya scrutinised her face. Before Tejasswi could say anything , Kaushik's phone rang. He stopped his argument with Karan and answered the call. Lavanya's question haunted Tejasswi .

"It's Tanya. They're all waiting for us. Let's not dwell more on this. Teju, come" , he pressed the button on one of the elevators. Tejasswi , Kaushik and Lavanya stepped into it as they saw Karan and his team entering the adjacent elevator before their elevator door closed.

"Teju , I'm so sorry about that. I should've seen this coming." , Kaushik said. "It wasn't your fault , Kaush. Seems like you weren't exaggerating when you said your brother could be a handful" , Tejasswi tried to assure him. "You're okay, right?" , Lavanya asked again.

"Yeah , I think so" , Tejasswi slightly smiled "I'm glad you're here , Lavanya." , she pressed Lavanya's wrist in silent gratefulness. Lavanya was her only best friend from college , the one Tejasswi shared everything with. She thanked God that she had called Lavanya and asked her to come.

The door opened with a ping and they stood infront of a large room , that seemed empty. Tejasswi noticed a straight path , drawn with rose petals , that lead to the centre of the room. She stood confused and looked all around. She felt Kaushik leading her down the path, to the room's centre and realised Lavanya wasn't besides her anymore.
          As they reached the room's centre , Kaushik stopped and made her face him. She was totally perplexed and before she could make sense of what was happening , Kaushik produced a velvet box out of his pant pockets and went down on one knee.

"Teju, we've known each other for almost seven years now. You always say how the most important thing in a relationship for you is stability. After we started dating , I realised that's what I want as well. From being your Senior at college to your best friend to your boyfriend , it's been a good journey. Now , let me be your husband. Marry me." , Kaushik held a ring in the opened box infront of him.