YOU'RE BUSY FEELING MY PAIN

Tejasswi walked in home after a tired day of shoot with a smile still intact on her face, it was good to talk to Karan when he wasn't being Karan. The first day of shoot had come to an end and what surprised her wasn't just the fact that they hadn't fought like she expected but she even knew that she enjoyed working with him. They didn't have any scenes together today, but she watched him in front of the camera and couldn't stop herself from marveling at the outstanding actor he was.

"Teju, the jeweler will come tomorrow. Mom called me to remind you since she couldn't reach you at shoot ", it was Pratik who just came down the stairs, "You have to buy the engagement ring for Kaushik."

"Oh, my phone was with my makeu...Shit !!", Tejasswi abruptly stopped on her tracks as if Pratik's words just now dawned upon her. "Crap, I don't know his ring size", the former smile on her face now replaced with tense lines.

"And you're marrying him", Pratik commented with a mocking look.

"Not again, Pra. Please" said Tejasswi, a bit embarrassed at herself. "By the way, where's Ishi ?"

"She's gone out with some of her friends. They're meeting after so long , so I didn't wanna tag along and ruin the girls' time", Pratik shrugged and Tejasswi smiled at how her younger brother already sounds like an understanding, loving husband.

"Anyway, I'm gonna call Kaushik to ask about the size", she took her phone from her totes and started to dial. But before she could connect, Pratik grabbed the phone from behind, "Come on Teju, at least don't make it obvious to him. The least the guy deserves is to be surprised on his own engagement ring"

"I don't know the size, Pra. What else am I supposed to do?" asked Tejasswi, expurgated.

"Well...this may not sound like an ideal plan but you can always ask Karan for help", replied Pratik with a mischievous smile. "I mean... he's Kaushik's brother and he works with you.

"Are you serious, Pra ?? Now , that's not gonna happen. Knowing Karan, he would deliberately do something wrong just to piss Kaushik off in case he even agrees to help me in the first place" said Tejasswi, lying on the couch.

"Or... He might help you choose a ring of Kaushik's size and liking, also you'll get to know him more and bond well since you'll obviously have to spend time with him at shoot. Look at the positive side, Teju", answered Pratik as he settled on the nearby couch. "Besides, he's the only option you have left. Come-on Teju, what's the worst that can happen"

"Oh, really ? Let me enlighten you, Karan may ruin my engagement which of course, isn't a big deal", came a sarcastic reply to which Pratik chuckled.

"What ?", asked Tejasswi seeing Pratik's expression. "No, it's just... it's only been such a short time since you met Karan and he's already rubbing on you. Look at you with all this sarcasm and mocking"

"Same can be said about you. I mean, more than anybody else you take his side all the time. If I didn't know better, I would've said you're his brother now", Tejasswi said giving a stink eye to Pratik who rolled his own.

"Very funny, now call Karan, you don't have a better option", Pratik gave her the phone back. "Fine and Ishi is going to be boyfriend-less if Karan ends up insulting me" she said finally, taking the phone while giving Pratik a sideglare and dialling Karan's number who picked up in the second ring.

"Hey, sister-in-law. Already missing me?",his voice ringed through the phone and she could almost sense his smug, full smile.

"You wish", Tejasswi gave back "I just needed some help for Kaushik's ring. Are you free to come over tomorrow morning since our shoot starts after noon.", she asked listening to the voices in the background which clearly indicated that he was still at the shooting set.