HEART SKIPPING A BEAT

"So Laddoo, I have a dare for you" said Karan all of a sudden as they were strolling through the vacant area of the ship deck club that opened towards the sea. It has now become a new-normal for him to casually call her Laddoo and though he pretends to do that as a taunt, the softness in his voice and adoration in his tone suggested otherwise. Tejasswi looked at him with a raised eyebrow and smile, the bottle of the beer she was drinking, held up in the air.

"Now?" she asked, looking around to see very few people out there in the open. Mostly couples making out. Rest all were still inside the club, enjoying.

"Yes! And if you do this, I'll do anything you want. So, do you dare?" He asked, taking a sip from his bottle and stepping a bit closer to her. Was it the alcohol in her system or her own strange self, Tejasswi wasn't sure what made her so bold as she then took a step towards him and whispered with a little, twisted smile "Anything you say?"

"Anything !" he repeated, his eyes sparkling with that trademark mischievous sin!

"Fine, go ahead, Mr. Beasto Kundrra. Dare accepted!" she said confidently.

Karan smirked, then pointed at a young couple making out in one corner "You see those two teenagers? They are underage. The girl's name is Aadhya Mahajan and the boy is Shravan Mehta..." before he could finish, Tejasswi interrupted.

"How the hell do you know their full names? Please Beasto, you knowing everything is getting kinda creepy now" commented Tejasswi, shaking her head in disbelief.

Karan chuckled "You see, everyone who comes here get a fake name and they take it from the owner itself whom I know personally. So I pretty much know everyones name here, of course, except the one who came here for the first time."

"How do you remember it all?"

"I have a literal photogenic memory. All I need is to see or read something just once and I'll remember it for a lifetime. It's kind of natural in me and have always been. Dadu said it was God gifted" shrugged off Karan and Tejasswi sighed "You know, I can't tell you how jealous of you I am at this moment. I have to go through the script at least four or five times to learn the dialogues while I see you just flipping through the pages once, only seconds before the take and you still say every line perfectly. Like why would God make you exceptionally good-looking and unattainably intelligent at the same time!"

"Did you just call me handsome, sister-in-law?" teased Karan, bumping her on her side that had the almost tipsy Tejasswi lose her balance.

"Hahahaha" she laughed "as if you didn't already know you are handsome. You don't need validation either from me or from anyone else" she replied, bumping on his side as she rolled her eyes.

"You are definitely drunk" Karan chuckled and shook his head "Anyway, back to the dare. So, do anything but make the boy run away from the girl. That's your dare!"

"Huh?" Tejasswi looked at him dumbfounded, then at the teenage couple and cringed seeing them passionately kissing "Do I really need to do something like that? They... seem... kind of... busy?"

"Well... you accepting the dare or not?" challenged Karan "or is Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar backing out from a challenge?"

She looked at him with a frown "Never! Now wait and watch, Karan Kundrra" she put her beer bottle down, corrected her appearance and walked up to the couple while Karan looked on with a curious smile lightening his face. He was so looking forward to see the mischievous Teju inside the always stiff, trying to do the right thing Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar.

Tejasswi gave him one last look before turning back to the couple and giving a loud, fake cough to break their make-out. The teenagers seperated awkwardly and looked at Tejasswi who masked her face with an angry expression.