BREATH OF LIFE

"That son of a bitch."

Karan cursed, lying on the bed in his lab
where the doctor stabilized the poison
spreading in his body. Apparently when
he had Naresh pinned down, he injected
a poison in Karan. Karan was so into the worries of Tejasswi's rescue, he didn't realize that pinch wasn't unnecessary.

Then when he came back and felt dizzy,
he though it was the hit on his head but by the time he realized what had actually happened, Tejasswi had to barge in his lab with all those set of questions. All the efforts for her not to find out, went down the drain. Fuck it! Everything is going off his plan recently!

First, he fell in love with this woman and now he isn't even able to hide anything from her. Wow!

"Karan, just stay put and stop shouting.
Doctor clearly said that until we don't get you the antidote, the medicine can only just slow the effect of poison by numbing your body" scolded Tejasswi, highly worried. She can't believe this man. He saved her life and then went around pretending like he doesn't care. On top of that, despite being hurt and poisoned, wasn't ready to tell anyone anything. Dealing with everything alone!

If she didn't love him, she would have given him one cold lecture for risking his life like this. The guy drives her crazy.

Pratik smiled at this. Despite the situation, his sister finally understood the line 'jaha baat ehsaas ki ho, waha ehsaan nahi hota'. With Karan, she was more worried for him and angry on him for risking his life than holding the gratitude of saving hers.

Karan first gave a pointed look to Tejasswi and then to Ishani, it was she
who spilled everything when he fell
unconscious.

"What? Stop giving me jagged looks. You fainted. She said it was poison and I
freaked out" replied back Ishani who was still freaking out. The doctor was testing the poison inside Karan. If it matches the one given to Tejasswi, they will be able to give him the antidote as Tejasswi's blood still have the essence of it.

"Let me get back to normal. I swear, this time I am going to do some serious damage and not just getting you fired from your job" replied Karan, wincing slightly at the numbing pain "You couldn't keep one damn secret in your
stomach. Learn from Pratik. He doesn't lie but he knows how to keep secrets."

"Well... I am not Pra" replied back Ishani
"And come-on Bhaiya, Didu anyway had almost realized."

"Can we just go back to the time when you hated me?" he asked, with a frustrated breath.

"Nope" came back the reply.

"Both of you shut up" scolded Tejasswi,
sitting back on the stool. With her head
held between her hands, impatiently
waiting for Doctor's report. Wishing and praying to every power in the world that it matches.

"You can't shout at me" remarked Karan,
with pointed eyes "I saved your life. Be a
little grateful, you ungrateful wo... " he
stopped, feeling his throat heavy. The
poison was still in his body after all.

"For the last time, stop shouting, Karan"
Tejasswi settled down besides him with his head on her lap "And, you remember you saved my life? Damn! I thought it was Kaushik" she added sarcastically, while he forcefully shut his eyes not to look at her, like a stubborn, little kid.

"Lavi knows about this, doesn't she? And even Uncle Surendar?" asked Tejasswi to Pratik and Ishani who suddenly found the ceiling way more interesting than
anything else. She then turned to Karan with narrow eyes, who immediately hid his face in her stomach "I am sleeping!"

He knew how pissed off she would be if
she gets to know that even Lavi knew this. She was still pretty jealous of Lavanya and her bond with Karan.

"Of course, you are" she shook her head
and patted his cheek gently and asked softly "Is it paining?"