#42 You have a brain damage and have the mind of a 2-year old (Age 4-6)

Liam (age 4):

You giggled happily as you trotted after Liam. Your brother was sporting a huge smile as he started walking slower, only to have you copy. Suddenly he spun around with a roar and you screamed in fright. You quickly started laughing, though, and ran into his arms. "Oh my bug. You're getting so big," Liam praised. You shook your head in denial and buried your face in his shirt. Liam sighed gently as he tucked you into bed, your teddy bear clutched tightly in your arms. "Night Y/N." Liam left the door open by a tiny crack as he sneaked back downstairs where your mum was making tea. "Do you want a cuppa?" she asked gently, eyes searching Liam's face. "No thank you," he answered quietly, head ducked. "What's wrong love?" Liam's head snapped up. "I'm so worried 'bout her," he admitted, shame coloring his tone. "We all are. But she's out of danger now. She's alive and as close to well as she'll ever be. I know she'll always be a few years behind her peers, but we'll figure it out okay?" Liam nodded and got up from the chair when he heard you crying upstairs. He quickly jumped up the steps, cries getting louder as he neared your room. "What is it angel?" You sniffled and opened your arms, begging for a hug. Liam sat down next to you on the bed and pulled you into his lap. "N-nightm-m-are," you managed to stutter. "It's okay Y/N. Everything will be okay," Liam said, unsure of exactly who he was trying to reassure.

Niall (age 5):

"She still can't draw it," Niall admitted hoarsely, tears fogging up his view. Harry wrapped him up in a hug as Zayn crouched down to your level. "Hey Y/N. Can you draw big brother Niall for me?" You stared confusedly at the raven-haired man. You let the crayon fall to the floor and burst into tears. "No, no, no," Niall rushed out, releasing himself from Harry's grip and picking you off of the floor. "Don't cry sweetheart." Louis and Liam set about picking up the crayons and toss out the crumbled paper. "I don't know what to do," Niall whispered desperately. "You're not supposed to do anything," Liam reminded him. "Yeah! Niall, she's not 100% healthy alright? But that doesn't mean she's sick," Louis continued, taking you from Niall's arms and bouncing you up and down until you stopped crying. "She's just a few years behind," Zayn chimed in, pinching your chubby cheek, earning a delighted giggle. "I don't want people to make fun of her," Niall said with a frown. "They won't," Harry assured. "No one can tease such a little cutie." Louis nodded as Niall once again took you and buried his nose in your hair. "And if they do, we'll hunt them down," Louis threatened, waving a clenched fist in the air. "Promise?" Niall squeaked, voice muffled by your hair. "Promise," they boys chimed simultaneously.

Zayn (age 6):

"Love, don't worry. You'll get it soon okay?" Zayn assured you as he ruffled your hair. You groaned miserably. You weren't good with words despite your age. You had experienced a head trauma that had set your developing back a few years, and learning it all again was making you desperate and frustrated. Zayn had been your biggest support through all this, but it was wearing him down as well when he saw his beloved little sister struggling with the simplest thing. Like talking. "I'm scared," you said suddenly, and Zayn's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Of what?" he asked softly, letting his knuckles follow the curve of your hunched spine as you drew your knees up to your chest. "Everything," you answered just as quietly, afraid that this bubble of yours was feeble and would break any second. "Don't be. I'll be here always yeah? I'm proud of you." You didn't quite understand the meaning behind his words, nor the intensity of them, but you understood the raw emotion brimming in your brother's eyes. "Again?" you asked for a lack of better response. You pointed at the iPad in front of you, currently showing an app, which were teaching you all the basics once again. Repetition¸ the doctors said. "Of course."

Louis (age 6):

Louis could see the breakdown coming from miles away. You were shaking slightly, your lashes were getting damp as you blinked the tears away, and your tiny fists were clenched by your side. "Y/N?" he yelled over the roar of conversation. When you caught his eyes, you bolted. Louis watched confusedly as you sprinted out of the room and into the garden. You were having a house party, and something about the many people had scared you shitless. "Y/N?" Louis called frantically from the porch. "Lou?" Niall sidled up to Louis' side. "What's up?" Louis caught side of you in the corner of the garden. "Something's wrong with Y/N," he mumbled in response as he hurried down the steps and onto the soft grass. He was by your side in a second. When he noticed you were shaking, he wrapped you up in his arms. "What's going on?" You clutched his shirt tightly in your hands as you searched for the words. "So many," you ended up gasping, pointing at the people. Louis held you to his chest tightly, as if he could keep the both of you from falling to pieces if he just held on tight. "I know love. They don't understand what you say, do they?" You shook your head as fat tears streaked down your cheeks. "Their loss."

Harry (age 5):

Harry spun you around and let himself drown in your laughter for a few seconds. He knew when he put you down, reality would come crashing in and sweep you both away with the worries and troubles you faced daily. Your head trauma causes you to be behind your peers mentally with a few years. You couldn't talk properly yet, was just starting to imitate the people around you, as a 2-year old normally would. And well, even though Harry knew you were as healthy as you could be, he was worried. Actually, he was petrified. This was his sister who he knew would be the subject for teasing and nicknames and struggles. He didn't know what was coming or what would happen to you. His mom tried to assure him that they would figure everything out. That he was making out to be worse than it was. But, really, how could he not? Everyone had been supportive of course. The boys, the fans, the crew. Already now, though, there were people saying you didn't 'belong' in the Styles family. Harry actually found himself hoping, albeit briefly, that he and the boys wouldn't be as famous once you were older. Hopefully people would leave you alone then. Hopefully.