Chapter 17

Season 1 Episode 17

Nova POV

I wasn't sure when Camden would be home, so I figured I'd make supper and get it out of the way. I had just finished cooking and cleaning and decided to have a tour of her house. She appears to have two extra bedrooms. One was the guest room, which didn't have much to offer, and the other was plainly Sophie's room.

The light, dust that covered the furnishings, and the faded strawberry smell space tell me that this room was kept untouched.

I knew I shouldn't be looking about, especially in this place, but I couldn't stop myself. Sophie appears to be a sensitive subject, and I've never had the courage to approach her about it. As I have stated, I was forced to resort to the media.

What I couldn't figure out was why they had separate rooms. I wouldn't call myself a clinging female, but I wouldn't want my spouse, especially Camden, to be in a different room from me.

Her space reflects her personality, which was prominently displayed online. The bed sheets were a mellow yellow tint that complemented the light grey carpet.

My feet paddled towards a door, assuming it was the restroom, but it was a decent-sized walking closet stuffed to the brim with garments. The many colors protruding from the hangers make my head swell, and I race in like I'm in a store, running my fingertips along each and every expensive material.

The heels and shoes appear to be ordered in a color scheme that begins with darker hues and progresses to lighter, nude tones. At the other end of the closet, there appears to be a white vanity with a medium oval mirror in the center, several drawers, and a stool pushed neatly below it.

As I came closer, I noticed that cosmetics was still strewn on the top of the vanity. It's clear that this room has been untouched for months.

I was so focused on everything that I didn't notice Camden enter until she cleared her throat loudly. The hair on the back of my neck stands up because I know I was caught sniffing around where I shouldn't have. When I turned back, her jacket and tie were gone, her shirt was hanging out of her slacks, and her hair was a mess.

I said, "Your ba-back." My voice was trembling with terror.

"I notice you're becoming acquainted with the house. You've taken a self-tour."

To evade her attention, I look around the walk-in closet. "It's a pretty nice room... and house." I hastily inserted.

"I didn't mess with anything. I was only looking." I approached her since her stare was so kind. I hope she wasn't concealing her feelings from me. "It's all right to be upset that I was looking through Sophie's personal belongings." I was giving her permission to be furious. She has every right to be.

"I'm not upset. I'll never be mad at you." Her fingers combed softly through my hair before resting each strand over my shoulder, revealing my face. "Do you see something you like?" She inquired.

I'm not sure whether wearing another woman's clothes was a wise choice, especially since she loves her. But who am I to judge? My gaze wandered the expanse of garments and concentrated in on a tiny section with some robes on hanging. They were also color coded, and I must tell that the silky texture of the green one struck my attention, reminding me of the green eyes Gem who stood before me.

I approached the robe, gently removing it off the rack, slipping it over my body, and finally tying it. It fit nicely, and it was only now that I realized Sophie and I could have worn the same size.

"I really like this robe."

"You can have it." Her gaze was drawn to the cloth that wrapped itself loosely about my torso. I'm curious what she witnessed. Did she see Sophie? Or did she see me?

I grin and reach out for her hands, which she graciously accepts. "I made you dinner and I can't wait for you to try my Oreo frozen dessert." I pulled her body down the steps, laughing because she was enabling me to do so. I sat her down and dashed to the kitchen to pull her meal out of the oven, hastily dish it, and bring it to her. The fork was already in place.

"I made baked honey chicken, some sweet mashed potatoes, and some rice to go with it," I proudly stated. On my heels, I pirouette back and forth. She digs into the soft sweet mashed potatoes salad with a fork.

"Hmm..." she grumbled as she took another forkful of the food, "This tastes so good." She then takes the knife and cuts into the baked chicken, allowing the liquid and taste to flow onto the platter. She then took a bite of it, and her eyes widened, making my heart skip a beat.

"Is there something wrong?"

Slowly, a grin appeared on her lips, and I let out a breath, which I kept for a second.

"Come here." She whispered. I moved gently towards her, my head down. "Your cooking is on a different level, and I can't wait to taste more of your cooking."

My eyes expand as my gaze shifts to the eyes. They make me melt every time, and I believe they have superpowers.

She slowly drew me down onto her lap, causing me to gasp in surprise. Her lips quickly found mine, and we fell into a long and passionate kiss that made my pulse skip a beat in my chest. She makes me feel so renewed and liberated. Her kiss became hard and possessive, precisely the way I grew to adore it.

*******************

Nova POV

I lay on the bed, the covers reaching up to my neck. My gaze couldn't take my eyes off her as she paced back and forth in the room. She was on a business call, and she seemed irritated that a client phoned her at this hour of the night. But what I liked about her was that every time she looked at me, her eyes softened and she smiled for a minute before breaking out of her trance and speaking aggressively into the phone.

She sighed when the phone call ended, her body relaxed on the spot, and her gaze finally met mine.

She moved over to the unoccupied side of the bed, sat down, and then lifted the cover slightly to place her feet below it.

"I forgot to ask how your day has been." I inquired. She drew my body closer to her, and I could feel her moist hair on my neck as her head rested on my chest. I started softly massaging her scalp to help her relax a little more.

"I push through. But I couldn't wait to get home and spend some quality time with you."

A smile spread across my face, and I was relieved that I was her happy spot. She was also mine.

"Your existence occupied my mind all day, and I was tempted to rush back, just to enjoy your company." Her lyrical gesture makes my heart skip a beat.

"I've decided to take the day off and just relax with you."

"Really?"

"I was thinking we should have a small picnic in the backyard."

My eyes widened when I heard the word "picnic." I've never been on a picnic before, and my enthusiasm is palpable right now. I grab her face and kiss her on the lips.

"With such exciting news, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight."

She relaxed, her gaze fixed on mine. She drew me on top of her like the blink of an eye. My hair gathers around us like thick curtains. "Are you always this lovely?" Her fingers pushed my hair back, and it hooked around my ear. She grabbed the back of my neck and pressed me towards her lips.