Chapter 1

Season 1 Episode 1

Camden Bore POV

Sweat beaded my cheeks, and my groomsman, my best buddy Jerome, wiped it away while whispering comforting words.

"It's fine if the bride is a bit late. You know how women are, and when you say 'I do,' you have a lot to deal with; it's just the way of life," he explained. I gave him a severe stare, yet a smile broke across my lips.

"I can assure you that I know a lot about women. I am one you are familiar with." I grumbled as I lifted the cufflink that conceals my watch.

She was two hours late, and the heat was becoming hotter, considering it was an outdoor wedding in my mother's old mansion's lawn. It's stunning with only a few decorations and plants, and seats for 100 guests.

The wedding guests were becoming agitated as a few people shielded their mouths with their hands and began to whisper to the person next to them. When the hot sun pelted down on me, my toes wiggled around in my shoes.

"Where is she?"

"Perhaps it's a case of cold feet." I overheard somebody's remark. My heart sank since I had never considered it in that light before. Sophie and I adore one other, and this is exactly what we desired. We'd always wanted to tie the knot. We have our lives well planned. Consider this: I am the CEO of a multimillion-dollar firm, and I intend to retire early in five years to allow someone else to take over the company, with my shares of course. We then intend to go to the countryside, away from the city, to raise children and maybe establish a farm.

Sophie and I met in college and have been in love since then. She was studying nursing and medicine, while I was learning the ins and outs of running a business.

It was love at first sight, and when I met her while working a long shift at an on-campus bakery, I knew I had to ask her out. Sure, she was unusual for going out with a girl, but once she understood it was the twentieth century and no one gave a fuck, everything fell into place. At the same time, I truly wanted to marry her, but it wasn't the 16th century, and it would have been a little too crazy on my hands.

So, after three years of dating, we really know who each other is and how our personalities and attitudes differ. No one could possibly be better for me than Sophie.

When I saw Sophie's closest friend, Maria, coming down the aisle with a mournful expression, I couldn't help but move from my position and greet her. I'm a little concerned by her choice of clothes, which is simply a t-shirt and trousers. She is the maid of honor, and if I'm not incorrect, she is meant to be with the other bridesmaids.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask, clutching her shoulder. She handed me a piece of white paper that was nicely folded. My inquiry was still unanswered.

"Where has she gone? What happened to Sophie?" My voice was becoming more audible. The visitor began to babble.

"Just take it. I sincerely apologize." She sobbed. I shake my head, refusing to take the paper from her. But she gripped my wrist and forced it into my palm. I watched as she walked away before looking down at the paper, which I was slowly unraveling. They claim words don't hurt, but as I took a brief glimpse over the white dazzling paper highlighted by the sun, my eyes glazed, my throat collapse, and the only thing left for me to collapse was my heart and knees.

_______________

"Fuck!" I yelled as my back sprang up from the warmth of my bed, my eyes smudged and hazy with tears, my hands feeling the empty area next me, still unable to believe it was true. The love of my life has abandoned me, leaving me absolutely ripped apart.

I moaned as I rolled back into bed, but the notion of going to work and immersing myself in it quickly returned. It appears every day to protect me from sinking into depression, as if I weren't already trapped in the midst of it.

My brow wrinkled as I glanced up at my room's lofty ceiling.

I'm perplexed as to how Angelina hasn't yet broken through my door and started screaming like a school bell. Angelina becomes my new best friend as well as my personal helper. After my little wedding mishap, I purposefully pushed everyone away. I was mortified, and I am still embarrassed, especially after wealthy Camden Bore's fiancé left her standing at the altar. They essentially drag my name through the slums and emphasize everything. They even claim I assaulted my beloved Sophie.

The door slammed open, and I could hear an irritating click of the heels, which was enough to irritate me and rouse me up with a throbbing headache.

"I see you're awake? So, Cam, why aren't you showering?"

In answer, I yawned and crawled out of bed slowly.

"Can I not just work in today?" I inquire of the light brown haired female who is passing through my suit closet. Angelina does absolutely everything for me. That wasn't why I was paying her, but she constantly claimed I saved her life. All I remember doing was offering her a job as my assistant. Her flawless makeup face turned into a sneer at me. Her hands were resting on her wide hip.

"No, you have an important meeting at 1 o'clock, and you need to be at that café between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Creep." She muttered beneath her breath. She took out a full black suit and carefully placed it on the bed.

"I love smelling coffee and food before and after work."

"Nothing about that sounds normal, Cam." She stated this as she handed me a towel and pushed me towards the restroom. Her pedicure fingernail was pressing into my exposed back.

"Hurry up, we don't have all day."

****************

Nova Southern POV

I saw the city come to life through the glass door. The early sun peeking over the towering buildings, and men and ladies running through the tiny city streets in their clean costly suits.

When I initially arrived in the city. I imagined I was going to be successful and operate a coffee and pastry shop one day, but everything changed when my mother died.

Now I work at a coffee shop and will most likely be evicted from my run-down apartment next month.

I flipped the open sign furiously and walked back to the counter. My lengthy day as a waitress has officially begun with the preparation of the coffee. I began working at Stanley Bakery and Café when I was a junior in college and my mother could no longer support my financial needs.

As I started disinfecting the counter, cheap cologne filled my nose. I shivered in distaste as heavy hot breath traveled down my nape and I tried not to glance behind me.

"Good morning, Stanley." I murmured.

His loud moan made my skin crawl, his stiff cock pressing up against my ass, and I fight the temptation to shove him away.

"I told you I had a morning cover for you to sleep in." As already indicated.

"You know I love watching you work, Nova." I struggled out of his hellish hold as his hot breath crushed on my ears. I give the 5'11 beast a look. He smiled, revealing his yellow smokes teeth. The proprietor of Stanley Café and Bakery, Stanley, is the worst employer a worker could have. He has shady closing hours that are never consistent, He constantly assaults the gorgeous females, and he usually stinks of cheap perfume and smokes, which isn't the finest combo.

"Where is my good morning hug?" He inquired, extending his arms out and prancing towards me. The café door binged at the same time, and a regular strolled in.

"What do you know, customers always come first." I remarked this while walking towards the customer.