Chapter 14

Season 1 Episode 14

Camden POV

"Why would you take me home if you aren't going to touch me?" She inquired, her brow lifted in a teasing fashion, and a charming little chuckle escaped her lips.

Her question fascinates me.

"I'd love to accompany you home."

From the corner of my eye, I noticed her boss approaching from the rear of the shop. When he spotted me, he cracked a smile. He then began to strut in this manner.

"Is Nova bothering you." He stated this while placing his arms over her petite shoulder and pulling her against him. Her face become deathly pale and her gaze falling to the floor.

"No, she isn't." I clarified, not tearing my gaze away from Nova. Her body language indicates that she is uneasy in my opinion. But why is this so?

"She and her little red hair friend can be quite wild." His arms shifted from her shoulders to her waist, clutching it possessively. "Isn't that correct, Nova?"

A tense grin plastered on her face before her eyes were buried in the floor once more.

"You can go on and have fun with your friend, and I'll close up." My eyes twitched as his hand softly brushes against her buttock. He walked away again, slipping into the rear of the business.

I came to a halt and softly touched her shoulder, only for her to leap away from me.

"Are you sure you're ready?" I inquired, a little perplexed as to what was going on.

"Let me just grab my bag." She turns away and reaches on tiptoe for her purse, which appears to be hanging on a coat hook.

"Let's go." She stated.

We left the shop and got into the car.

"Where to, boss?" Roger inquired.

"My house," I explained. When I grab for Nova's arm, she whimpers and cowers away. Her face grimace with pain.

"Are you OK?" When I grab for her wrist, she whimpers even louder. When I glanced down at it, I could see a hideous red bruise.

"Where did you get this?" I inquired. The query, float through the air like a witch on a broom. I exhaled a sigh. Maybe she didn't hear me the first time I said it. "Where did you get the bruise, Nova?" I tilted her chin so she could look at me when she replied.

"At work?"

"What happened at work?"

"Stanley."

"Did Stanley hurt you?" When I asked this inquiry, she burst into tears. My gaze wandered over her body, seeking for further bruises and markings, but I couldn't find any. Only the bruise on her wrist, which is somewhat reddish in hue. He must have been squeezing her for quite some time.

"Roger, please take me back to the coffee shop." The automobile comes to a halt and turns back toward the coffee establishment.

"No... Please, do not confront him. I'm going to lose my job." She begged, clutching at me, but I scowled at her, causing her to recede from me.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"He was feeling up on me, which I didn't like, and he grabbed my wrist to keep me from moving around. He didn't mean it." She sobbed, her head bowed.

"You think I'm going to sit there and listen and do nothing when that man sexually assaults you?"

"But... But... But my job."

"Fuck your job!" When I shouted, she jumped and curled in the corner.

I sighed as I realized I had terrified her. I doubt she realizes how essential she has become to me, and I doubt I can convey that importance to her. I simply cannot risk her fleeing as Sophie did. But I enjoy doing small things to bring a smile to her face.

I arrive just in time to witness her employer lowering the shutters. "Stop!" I barked and threw my door open.

"Stanley right?"

"Hello, Ms. Bore," he says with a smile.

"How dare you touch what's mine!" I shouted, striking him in the corner of his mouth; his spit flew and splattered on my shirt.

He stumbled back against the shutter like a drunken man, and I grabbed for his shirt to administer another hit, winced as my knuckles broke on his hard face.

"She really wanted it." He hurled over, groaning in pain.

"Your mind is so twisted that you think she wanted it." I jammed his body up against the shutter. Blood was slowly oozing from his mouth and dripping on my shirt.

"If you touch her again, I'll make sure fish picks through your corpse. Do you hear what I'm saying?"

"I won't touch her again... I... I swear I won't." I let him go and unleash my final blow, this time to his stomach. The strong blow had him hunched over and squealing in agony.

I started unbuttoning my shirt and kicked him to the ground. I become bright scarlet just thinking about him caressing her. "I'm truly sorry." He moaned and rolled about on the floor. I ripped my shirt off and hurled it at him. "You are fucking pathetic." I spit and turned away.

I went back into my car. I let out a sigh. My fingers tightened as I considered going back out there and punching his body again.

"No." I could feel her gentle touch on my hand as she murmured. "Your knuckles are bleeding." I pulled it from her grasp.

"Don't worry. When I get home, I'll take care of it."

*************

Nova POV

When Camden lifted me onto the bathroom counter, I yelped. She stretched over her head into the cupboard and pulled out a red box with a white cross on it. She pull it apart to reveal cotton gauze, a little rubbing alcohol bottle, and a lotion.

"Whenever, and I mean whenever, someone hurts or touches you and you don't like it, you come to me." Do you hear what I'm saying?"

I nodded, but it wasn't enough for her as she softly took my cheeks and leans her face towards mine, her green eyes penetrating my soul like a sharp long knife "Do you hear me?"

"Ye-yes."

"Good girl." She pecked my lips, whispering.

Her quick peck wasn't enough for me, and I silently wished for more. She switched on the faucet and started washing the blood off her knuckles. I was inclined to assist, but I knew I shouldn't given the circumstances.

"Can I help?"

"It's perfectly fine." She poured rubbing alcohol on the incision, then used cotton to clean it before reaching for a wrapper and wrapping it. "Everything is finished. Now it's your turn." She stated this while softly grasping my wrist. "Just some ice packs and it'll be as good as new." I said. Her mouth tightened as she examined the bruising more closely. It wasn't all that horrible.

"I'll be fine." I muttered. She stepped between my knees and encircled my waist with her arms.

"Can... Can I take a shower?" I honestly felt filthy, and I'm sure a nice hot shower will help. "Whatever you want." She muttered as she kissed my cheeks. "Can we take a shower together?" I blurted out as soon as she helped me to my feet.

"Are you sure?" she inquired.

I nodded and started reaching for my clothing.