Chapter 8

Season 1 Episode 8

Nova POV

"Will you be able to come in at this time?" As we drew to a halt in front of my door, I asked Camden. The keys did not get stuck on me this time, and the door opened easily.

"Sure, why not."

I made sure she entered first because she had to slightly stoop down to fit through the door frame. An apartment like this would be insufficient for her, and I'm sure she lives in a penthouse or a vast estate.

"It isn't much. But I manage to make it work." I remarked as I shut the door behind me. I set down my handbag and remove my jacket. As she looks around my modest flat, her body rotates in a 360-degree angle. Everything was essentially contained within one. The bedroom, as it's even called, is up a ladder. The bathroom is combined with the kitchen, and the living room is combined with the dining area. I'm not going to start on the closet.

"As long as you have somewhere to rest. That's sufficient."

I nod. I had no idea my apartment was so small until I saw how big and enormous she is and how she towers over everything. I couldn't believe I was so worried about the spot where I lay down to sleep at night.

I go around her, taking care not to touch her, but given the space, staying any longer would be tough. I'm not sure why I'm so tempted to touch her; perhaps it's because she wants me not to. Ouu, I am so naughty. If that's even consider being naughty.

"Would you like some apple juice or water?" That's the only two beverages I have in my fridge, along with some instant hot chocolate powder. I don't drink coffee because it makes me feel sluggish and laggy, like a slow internet connection; I'll simply buffer all day.

"No, thank you." She nicely rejects, which pains me and makes me wonder how she feels when she gives me these large tips and I politely decline them. I held my head down, resting against the fridge door, lazily gnawing at my lips, not knowing what to do. Perhaps she didn't want anything from me since it wasn't like the gorgeous areas she was used to, and I now regret bringing her here.

I feel bad for introducing her to this shithole.

I let out a gasp as I felt delicate fingertips place a strand of my hair behind my ear. My face was shifting due to her knuckles, and I wished she hadn't since I didn't want her to see my crying, red eyes. It's quite humiliating. You work so hard for others but never for yourself.

Her eyes read mine, read it enough to know that something is upsetting me, and she knows enough not to ask but instead to make me feel good right then on the spot as her fingertips dance lightly across my cheeks and I closed my eyes to enjoy in this unique moment.

I simply know deep down in my functional body system that she will never do this again.

My eyes widened in surprise as I felt the front of her body push into mine, putting me in a chokehold between the fridge and her.

"Your apartment is lovely, and I hope you'll invite me to dinner here someday."

When she stated this, I could feel my eyes sprinkle with a little touch of excitement.

"Really!" I couldn't keep my enthusiasm in check, and if her body wasn't holding me captive on the fridge, I'd probably be bouncing up and down, not that the tenants below would be delighted.

My fingers clung to hers, which was still gently caressing my face.

A lovely stillness fell between us as we locked gazes.

I couldn't figure out why her fiancé would leave her because she's so stunning. She is everything a lady requires in her life. I decided to test the waters by slowly running my hands up her arms till they reached the back of her head, my fingers blessed to touch her refined, brown hair. I'm sure I want her to kiss me, but as she stood there in a trance, I realized I had to make the first move, which I did. I stand on my toes and extend my neck forward, dragging her head down and claiming her soft, yet dry lips.

My tongue darts out to wet them, then glides in. Her lips freeze for a few second before they take over and capture mine straight away.

I yelped when her hand gripped my hair and her kiss became forceful and aggressive. Her body pressed up against me harder, and I whimpered in pain as my back crushed into the handle of the fridge. But this was such a special time that I couldn't stop kissing her... Not till my lungs require a breath of fresh air.

Her next hand squeezed my neck, causing me to moan while maintaining my lips on hers.

"I... I'm sorry, I can't." She lets out a roar. Her fingers were still digging deep into my neck. But her lips tore away, leaving me with a thrill and a sharp cold to nip on.

"Why not?" My voice was raspy.

"No matter how hard I try, I can't get rid of her. I sincerely apologize." Her fingers eventually slipped away from my neck. But because my eyes were blurred with tears, I didn't notice her body departing the confines of my flat. I wreck everything!

*************

Camden POV

My forehead smacks into the wall. I was expecting searing pain, but nothing happened, and I can feel how numb I am getting.

How foolish I was to allow anything like that to occur is beyond my comprehension.

Allowing another lady to get so close to me. My body staggers in my room, barely turning on the lights. When I saw the photo frame with Sophie's gorgeous grin, tears welled up in my eyes and a lump choked me like reality. There was no way out. She has to return.

I knew what her letter stated, but I refused to believe she would abandon me for a man she said she despised in college.

Christian Bowen, the obnoxious preppy brown haired lad with the dimpled smile, was always following Sophie. It certainly makes a grown woman like myself envious.

Women literally throw themselves at me, but all I want is Sophie, and that's all there is. The fact that this female enters my life and causes me to reevaluate everything that was happening, however, bothers me.

As my finger ghosted over her gorgeous grin, I took up the frame. No one was more beautiful than she, and I'll keep telling myself that, though I'm not sure why I have to.

My phone pings with a few notifications, and I groan as I pull it from my pocket. When I saw Nova's names and a few notes in bubbles, my heart skipped a beat.

Nova:

I apologize. I hope this does not alter our relationship.

In the first place, there was nothing between us. We were simply friends. Right? Nothing but, and I'm certain I didn't give her the 'I want a relationship' sense. I was only attempting to be courteous to her.

Nova:

Please don't be angry with me. I shall never again touch you. Please talk to me.

Her text messages shatter my heart, and the mere thought that she's probably weeping her little heart out makes my heart hurt. But I couldn't respond to her. Not right now.

Not wanting to read anymore, I turned off the phone and laid on my bed, attempting to concentrate on Sophie.