Chapter 7

Season 1 Episode 7

Camden POV

I would sometimes gaze across to the sleeping beauty, her hair covering one side of her face but exposing her slightly open pink lips. Her body totally relaxes in the sofa; I assume she's feeling very at ease and trusting me enough to fall asleep in my office.

I groan and sign a few more forms, occasionally snapping my finger muscles. If I wasn't looking at the beauty, I'd be looking at my watch. Even though it was just 6 p.m., time seemed to be passing more slowly than I had anticipated.

A knock could be heard on my door before it opened to show a startled Angelina. I put my finger to my lips gently to silence her. Her gaze was drawn to Nova, and she cooed sweetly before walking up to my desk and laying her bottom on it.

"Tomorrow is an important day. You have that meeting with that alcohol corporation because alcohol has become your best buddy."

Her snide remarks had me staring at her and tightening my jaw. My nose wrinkles as I try not to shove her off my desk. My mental health struck rock bottom last month when all hope was gone for a fraction of a second that maybe the woman of my dreams wasn't coming back and that a night of partying would help, which it did, if the media wasn't playing catch.

"And I stayed at home and tried to be a good boy." I said.

"What do you want?" I said, my gaze fixed on her. I assumed she'd left by now, since she had the entire day free. I didn't want to be the boss that had my assistant all over the place, but she insisted on being everywhere, and it's humiliating how she dresses me every day.

"Who exactly is she to you?" Her pointer finger was pointing towards the sleeping girl, who appeared to have changed positions on the sofa. My gaze returned to Angelina, and I sneered. I wasn't required to respond to her, but with the look she's giving me, it's the only safe option.

"My friend. I already told you."

"No," her responses were rapid.

"No?" I cocked my brow. I groaned and came to a stand to have them stacked and shipped off to Ms. Rachel, who would have them go to the relevant level to acquire another signature before the final procedure.

"There's something about her that appeals to you. I am your friend. Not her."

In my mind, I'll acknowledge it humbly. Nova has captured my heart. She's lovely and personable, with an innocent light about her. But, in terms of relationships, I would never cross those lines with anyone. I want to reclaim the lady of my dreams.

My bed remains lonely till her lovely auburn hair cascades over her face and her strawberry perfume numbs my nostrils.

I don't want anybody else but her, and if my heart is set on another lady, I'd rather cut it out and let it bleed.

"Do you like her?"

Her questions made me doubt myself. Of course, I admire her. I wouldn't have her around if I didn't like her.

"Not in the way you believe. I'm not going to shag her?"

"Shag? Fuck her, you mean. You're not going to have her in your bed?"

"Don't you have a husband and a daughter to go home to? Tell her I said hello." I murmured.

I stack all of the documents in the document trolley.

"Can you drop this off to Ms. Rachel on your way out?" I pass the tray to her, and she grabs the handle.

"See you tomorrow, bright and early."