♦︎ 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝐭𝐡 ♦︎ 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 ♦︎ 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 ♦︎

Dawn pulls Billy into a random empty room, saving him from the hall moniter.
"Mrs. O'Donnells walking through the halls again. She'll tear you to pieces if she finds you." Dawn tells Billy.
"Why do you always get away with helping me." Billy chuckles.
"Guess your just lucky and I'm just your savior." Dawn gives Billy a smug shrug.
"Right. What are you doing over here anyways?" Billy asks as he looks around the random room.
"Charlie was using the restroom. I was waiting on him and hid in here so Mrs. O'Donnell wouldn't see me. While I was looking out I saw you. Thought I'd do you a favor." Dawn answered him and he nodded.
"This kids really got a hold on you, huh?" Billy asks. Dawn gives him and annoyed look.
"I'm being forced to show him around ya know." Dawn replies.
"You could always just say no next time." Billy suggests.
"It's kind of hard to say no to the principal while he's complimenting you." Dawn responds.
"Sure princess." Billy mocks Dawn. She displays attitude.
"Don't you dare flirt with me hargrove, I'm not that kind of girl." She jokes with him and points a finger his way.
"Yeah yeah, well thanks." Billy nudges her hand away and leaves the room. Dawn rolls her eyes and walks out as well to meet with Charlie.
"You're welcome." Dawn whisper/shouts to Billy as he walks away. He gives her a smirk as he turns the corner.

Later that day

"You know we could take our project somewhere else?" Billy suggests as he catches Dawn in the hall.
"I'm not skipping school with you." Dawn chuckles and rests his arm on the lockers beside him.
"That's not what I'm implying. I'm saying if we need to work on it after school we can." Billy replied. Deep down it was a way for him to get away from home. But also a way to spend time with someone he actually likes, instead of his fake friends.
"No, I think we'll be fine with the time we have but I see what you're implying." Dawn mocks Billy. "We could just hang out." Dawn shrugs and continues to fix the books in her locker.
"Diner tonight?" Billy asks.
"I knew you just wanted to spend time with me." Dawn jokes with a smirk on her face. "I'll see you tonight Billy." She says as she walks away from him.

♦︎ 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝐭𝐡 ♦︎ 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ♦︎ 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫 ♦︎

Dawn didn't care too much about others. She was too in tune with herself to think about everyone else. Not in a selfish way but in a confident with herself way. Billy cared, he didn't act like it but he really gave a shit. His ego did feed off of the people that wanted him or wanted to be him. It made him feel strong and not weak like he might be deep down. Though, he doesn't care about grown ups or what he says just the reactions and words of others. Billy insisted on driving Dawn to the diner with him but then she'd have to leave her bike at school. So they decided to just meet up at the diner instead. Dawn had to let her mother know anyways. Since Dawn lied telling her it would be them working on the project together, she let her go. If it was any other instance she wouldn't, because of the late notice. Her parents can be pretty strict. They might be the reason why Dawn feels like she needs to try her hardest on absolutely every assignment or task handed her way. Dawn enjoyed the warmth she felt as she entered the diner. Of course, Billy made it before her. She entered the same booth as him, them now facing one another.
"Good evening." Dawn joked. Billy was gazing upon the menu so Dawn decided to take a look as well. She hasn't been here in forever. Dawn was kind of twirling in her own thoughts, which was normal for her.
"You know I'm surprised we're friends." She spoke up.
"Yeah, me too. You're kind of a nerd." Billy joked making Dawn smack his arm.
"Rude." She laughed out.
"Hey, you know I'm kidding." He put his hands up in defense and Dawn shook her head.
"You're kind of an ass." She replied. This time he held a hand to his chest and faked a scoff.
"How dare you." Billy joked on. They both laughed for a moment and shook their heads. They both ordered their drinks and a meal.
"I'll be back." Dawn said as she got up and left the booth to use the restroom. She was having a good time with Billy. It was nice to laugh and talk to someone outside of school. She doesn't really have any friends. Books and assignments keep her company.
"So you and Billy huh?" Carol asks Dawn as she enters to restroom. Dawn almost didn't notice her, if she wouldn't have talked she wouldn't of.
"We're just friends." Dawn replied and Carol laughed.
"Just friends, with Billy, yeah sure." Carol continued to laugh making Dawn roll her eyes.
"You've really been spending a lot of time with him." Carol says.
"Yeah cause he's my lab partner and we're friends." Dawn says in an obvious way. "Jealous much." Dawn mumbles.
"Excuse me." Carol scoffs.
"Don't you like have a boyfriend?" Dawn asks her.
"Don't you like have a death wish?" Carol asks and Dawn laughs. She decides to let it wear off and not say anything else.
"Screw off wannabe." Carol says and leaves the restroom. Dawn was so happy she did, so she can use the restroom in peace.

-------