Chapter 36

August 20, 2022.
Bilkisu's having a small picnic for family and friends. She invited some of akram's friends and a cousin of his. Husna, Aisha, Asmau, Jahida, Fahhamah, Fahad, Sanusi, Safiyya and Chinelo were invited. Akram and bilkisu making 11 people.

Everyone was to arrive by 2:30 or thereabout. Bilkisu started with the cooking first. She didn't know how many dishes she wanted to make but she'd try to figure it out.

Bilkisu started with fried rice, she used basmati rice instead of the normal one. Bilkisu started step by step until she finally finished making the rice.

She put it in a cooler and set it aside. "Grace could you please fry samosas and spring rolls for me?" Bilkisu asked politely. "Ofcourse bilkisu." Grace replied and bilkisu chuckled.

"You finally got it right this time." She said. "I'm getting used to it." Grace replied and smiled. She - Grace - brought out the samosas and spring rolls from the freezer so she could fry them.

Bilkisu went ahead to make waffles. She started out with 2 cups of all-purpose flour, then 1 teaspoon of salt, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, 2 eggs, 1 ½ cups warm milk, ⅓ cup melted butter and finally a teaspoon of vanilla extract. She mixed the batter until it formed a smooth mixture.

"Please bring out the waffle maker." Bilkisu said to Grace. Grace did as told and bilkisu started to pour in the mixture bit by bit, she would apply butter then pour in a bit of the mixture.

Grace was done frying the samosas so she put them on a tray and covered it with foil. Bilkisu finished the waffles and she put them on a tray as well.

Bilkisu then made Chapman with Fanta, Sprite and grenadine. Bilkisu put it, the drink, in a jug with ice and closed it. "I'll go spread the mat and arrange everything, please can you make jollof spaghetti?" Bilkisu asked.

"I'll do that right away." Grace said which made bilkisu nod.

She went to the living room and spread a white bedspread to serve as the picnic mat. She placed all the dishes on it and did some decorations with balloons around the pallor.

Akram was out so he didn't know what was going on at home. Bilkisu checked the time and it was 1:00pm already so she quickly took her bath and wore a nice gown.

It was a nice purple gown.

Bilkisu came downstairs after spraying perfume and putting on lipgloss

Bilkisu came downstairs after spraying perfume and putting on lipgloss. Just then, the doorbell rang and she went to open it wondering who it could be. It's still 1:30 so she wasn't expecting the guests right now.

It was a delivery man and bilkisu totally forgot she ordered bento cakes. "Oh thank you so much." She said collecting the cakes from him. Bilkisu closed the front door and placed the cakes on the picnic mat.

Grace came in with the jollof spaghetti and that too was placed on the mat.

~~~
Once everyone arrived, they started eating first. "Hayati pass me some samosas please." Akram asked politely. Bilkisu nodded gently before passing him the tray of samosas. "aww, God when." Chinelo said teasingly, bilkisu shot her a glare.

"Chinelo shutup, let's not talk about Joshua..." Bilkisu said as Chinelo glared. "That's exactly how it feels, now stop doing that to bilkisu." Akram said teasingly.

"Okay Mr husband." Chinelo replies sarcastically.

After everyone finished eating, they decided to start the games. For the first game, 2 contestants had to blow cups off a table using balloons.

Everyone thought it would be a good idea for Akram and Bilkisu to be against each other. Bilkisu won and Akram pouted a bit. "I told you I was better!" Bilkisu said squealing.

"Luck my darling wife, it was luck." Akram said smiling a bit. "Oh please." Bilkisu said rolling her eyes.

They moved on to the next game. They played about 5 more games before the men went to pray maghrib and the women prayed in the living room all together.

Everyone went home later on and it was just Akram and bilkisu again. "October is two months away albi." She said placing her head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around her and hummed.

"We'll be fine." He said calming her down. Bilkisu was still nervous about them consummating their marriage, but she had to accept it.

~~~
The next day, Akram and bilkisu were in akram's car. They were heading home from work. "Date?" Akram asked.

"Huh?" Bilkisu was totally confused and Akram's eyes were focused on the road. "Should we go on a date?" He asked. "Ohhh, sure." Bilkisu replied with a small smile.

They got home and bilkisu went to her room to change, Akram did the same. Bilkisu opted for a black fitted gown with puffed sleeves. Black heels, black hang bag and a chiffon veil.

Akram on the other hand was clad in a black button up t-shirt from Zara and black pants

Akram on the other hand was clad in a black button up t-shirt from Zara and black pants. A Rolex watch, Bottega wallet and then Brunello Cucinelli shoes. He got a rose bouquet for Bilkisu.

Akram was waiting for her in the living room and bilkisu finally came. Akram was in shock. "You look ethereal Hayati." Akram complemented staring at her. Bilkisu blushed until she turned red.

"I'm this close to telling you to go and change so people won't stare." Akram said smiling and bilkisu glared. "There's no way I'm changing Akram, do you know how long it took me to finally pick a gown." She complained rolling her eyes. "Okay I'm sorry hayati." He apologized.

"Apology not accepted." Bilkisu said with a slight chuckle.

~~~
They were seated at Tulip Bistro. Akram handed bilkisu the flowers he hid in the car and she was in awe. "Albi..." she called silently at the verge of tears. "Albi thank you." She completed.

"You're welcome hayati, I love you." He muttered. "I love you more albi." Bilkisu said. "We both know that's false." Akram said with a raised brow. Bilkisu ordered for the Chicken Alfredo pasta and a fruit punch.

Akram ordered the seafood pasta and the tropical twist. The orders came about 10 minutes later and they started eating.

~~~
"Did you enjoy today?" Akram asked. "I did, thank you." Bilkisu whispered with a smile. Akram paid the bill and they left.

They arrived at gwarimpa and Akram packed the car and killed the engine. They alighted the car and went inside. Laura was still at home but grace had left.

"Laura what are you still doing here?" Bilkisu asked with a confused look. "Well I- I didn't have money for transport so I was waiting for you to come back." Laura replied.

"You should have said that since Laura, I can't let you go this late. Just sleep here for today please." Bilkisu pleaded and Laura disagreed.

"Laura, Dan Allah, it's for your own safety." Akram said. Laura finally agreed and everyone retired to bed.