Chapter 25

Bilkisu woke up and had her bath. She dressed up in a casual black abaya. She sprayed khumrah and sat on her bed. Bilkisu was about to text Aisha to let her know she would be coming over when akram's call came in.

She picked almost immediately. "Hi." She muttered. "How are you hayati?" Akram asked. Bilkisu loved his morning voice but he didn't have to know that. "I'm fine albi." She replied.

"No I'm serious, like are you okay?" He asked. Bilkisu sighed. "Albi I'm fine, I swear it." She replied. "Okay then. I have a strong feeling that you cried yesterday, when I dropped you off I mean." Akram said. Bilkisu nodded even though he couldn't see her. "Well, I did but I'm fine now." She replied.

"That's good, I guess. Did you tell mama or baba about it?" Akram asked. "Albi they are so happy about everything and I don't want to ruin it all." Bilkisu wanted to start crying again but she had promised herself not to so she didn't.

"Oh I'm so sorry hayati." Akram says. "Anyway, I'm going to Aisha's place today. I just want to tell her everything. I need to." Bilkisu tells Akram. "Alright should I pick you up?" The latter asked.

"Nah, it's alright I'll take bolt." The former says. "Alright babe." Akram replied. "When did that start? I thought we agreed on hayati?" Bilkisu asked. "I can call you both." He replied.

Bilkisu came out of the bolt and handed him the money. "Bolt is so expensive these days." Bilkisu said sighing. "Madam na the economy oo." The bolt driver replies. Bilkisu chuckled slightly and shook her head and then he drove off.

She walked to the front door and rang the bell. Bilkisu would never stop admiring the beautiful mansion. Seconds later, Aisha opened the door and they both embraced each other tightly.

"God I've missed you." Bilkisu said. "I missed you more believe me, and billiey kin rame." (You've become slimmer). Aisha says looking at her bestfriend. "Oh please Aisha." Bilkisu said rolling her eyes.

"Are you letting me in or are you keeping me outside forever?" She asked and Aisha chuckled. "Let's go toh." Aisha replied as they went upstairs to aisha's room. Bilkisu said she wanted to greet Aisha's parents first and she - Aisha - told her to go ahead.

Both girls ate and then bilkisu told Aisha about everything that happened. "Wait...do you mean his grandmother didn't bother to see what you look like before finalizing that his cousin is better than you and now he's marrying her and not you?" Aisha said all at once.

Bilkisu nodded. "Yes exactly, but Akram did say that he wouldn't marry nabila but I feel like his grandmother would eventually get him to do so and that's what bothers me the most." Bilkisu said.

"But the last time we spoke you said Akram and his family brought your sadaki already." Aisha says. The other woman nods yet again. "I did say that, and I'm also bothered about that. Mama and baba are both so excited with the news about the wedding and I don't know how to tell them." Bilkisu explained.

"So you haven't told either of them yet." Aisha said. "Mhm." Bilkisu replied curtly. Aisha sighs. "God billiey you're going through a lot and your so strong about it." She says with teary eyes. "Aisha it's fine, I leave it all to Allah. I'll be fine." Bilkisu says.

"And besides you're overreacting." She adds. "Bilkisu Ahmed Bello! You better shutup your mouth." Aisha commands. Bilkisu raises her hands up in surrender "yes ma'am." She says.

The girls pray maghrib and bilkisu decided she'd head home. "I even forgot to ask you, how is Ibrahim?" Bilkisu asked and she saw her best friend blush. "He's fine fah." Aisha replied and continued to blush.