Chapter 44

Aisha, Amal, Zayd and Hamida were present at the hospital. Chinelo and Ahmed were on their way. Bilkisu cut the umbilical cord, she was so emotional when she saw her child.

"M-mama." Bilkisu called holding her baby. Amal stepped forward. "Yes bilkisu, what is it?" She asked. "Mama my baby is fine right? There are no complications right?" Bilkisu asked at the verge of tears.

Amal smiled then shook her head. "There are no complications." Amal
replied. Bilkisu was quiet. "She's so beautiful." Bilksiu said after a while.

"Of course she is. She's your daughter after all." Aisha said with a grin. Bilkisu stared at her bestfriend and chuckled.

Hamida then stepped forward. "Bilkisu my dear, I'm so happy for you and I-I know Akram should be here with you right now but he's not and-

"I'm so sorry bilkisu." Hamida said. "No mama, don't say that you did nothing. He doesn't want to be here and that's fine by me, as long as I have all of you then I don't need anyone else." Bilkisu said smiling a little.

Hamida hugged her. "Thank you. May Allah protect you two from any evil." Hamida prayed and bilkisu muttered an Ameen.

Bilkisu turned to face Amal. "Mama when will I be discharged?" She asked her mother. "I'm not sure, maybe today or tomorrow." The latter replied. Bilkisu nodded and faced her baby again. She had decided a name for her but bilkisu decided not to tell anyone yet.

She - the baby - looked like her parents. She has akram's eyes and nose while her lips look more like bilkisu's.

Aisha left the room to go ask when bilkisu would be allowed to go back home. Chinelo came into the room moments later. "Bilkisuuuu! How is our baby?" She asked with a grin. Bilkisu chuckled as Chinelo gently collected the baby.

"Oh my god, she's so pretty!" Chinelo said excitedly. Bilkisu smiled at her friend. "What's her name?" Chinelo asked. "You'll find out." Bilkisu said cheekily. "You're mad! Tell me joh." Chinelo said glaring at bilkisu.

"Nop. You'll find out soon." The latter replied. "Just be thanking God that I love you, I for don slap you ode." The former said hissing. Everyone laughed heartily at chinelo's funny self.

Aisha came back to the room looking confused. "What's happening in here?" She asked. "Chinelo is glaring at me and threatening me because I refused to tell her the baby's name." Bilkisu explained chuckling. Aisha hissed and faced Chinelo.

"She refused to tell us and you think she'll tell you just like that." She said rolling her eyes. "Yes now, as per I'm going to be the baby's favorite aunty." Chinelo replied flipping her imaginary hair. Her hair was long but she had tied it in a bun.

The next day, bilkisu was discharged and a lot of people came to check up on her and the baby. The naming ceremony was to take place the following day.

Bilkisu couldn't wait for everybody to know her baby's name. "It's so overwhelming." She thought.
"Assalamu Alaykum." Bilkisu's paternal aunty, sa'adatu came into view with her daughter ihsan trailing behind her.

"Wa'alaikum Salam." Bilkisu replied.
"Sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding, ihsan had a fever and I was also kind of sick." Anty Sa'adatu said with a clear lying tone and shaking gaze.

Bilkisu smiled a little. "It's fine Anty Sa'adatu, I understand." She told the older woman who gave her a small smile. Bilkisu shook off the agonizing thought and glanced at ihsan who shot a glare at her.

"I never thought she'd be different from her mother." Bilkisu thought looking away. Amal came into the room making the situation less awkward. Amal gave Sa'adatu the tiniest smile.

"Good afternoon, you and ihsan didn't have any trouble finding our house I hope." Amal said slowly. "No we didn't." Sa'adatu said curtly. She flashed Amal a fake smile.

Aisha came into the room next and bilkisu was more than happy to hand the baby to Amal and leave the room with aisha. Once they - aisha and bilkisu - left, bilkisu let out a sigh of relief.

"God it was so awkward in there." She voiced. "I came at the right time then." Aisha said with a grin. "Yep!" Bilkisu replied popping the P.
The girls went to the kitchen to have some snacks.

~~~
The preparations for the naming ceremony was in full swing. Everyone pacing around the house doing one thing or the other. Vendors arrived one by one and did what was needed.

The decorators did a good job, turning the main living room into a beautiful space. White and baby pink drapes hung on three walls of the living room.

The fourth wall was decorated with a mixture of white and pink balloons. A welcome sign was placed in front of the door of the living room. The chesterfield sofas were rearranged to create more space.

Balloons filled with helium were on the ceiling. Amal asked if the snacks were ready and the vendors assured her that everything was ready. Amal stopped Aisha who was heading upstairs.

"Where is bilkisu? Is she getting ready?" Amal asked Aisha. Aisha faced the older woman. "She was having a bath when I left the room so she should be ready by now." Aisha told her.

"Alright, tell her to hurry up." Amal told the younger one. "I'll do that." The latter replied as she ascended the stairs.

The naming ceremony officially started by 2:00pm. Guests started trooping into the house, many of them bringing gifts with them. Bilkisu was dressed in a pink floral lace sewn into a bubu.

She had a simple makeup look on. Her head tie was neatly and stylishly tied into the famous Zahra Buhari style.

Many well wishers prayed for both the mother and the new born baby while some people who only came for the food and Amebo didn't even bother.

Bilkisu finally announced the name of the baby. "Nahla. Baby Nahla." Bilkisu voiced with a bright smile. "Mashallah. Her name is as beautiful as she is." Amal said smiling.

Bilkisu smiled back at her. Zayd and Amal stepped forward to hug their daughter. "Oh my God! Nahla, what a beautiful and cute name." Chinelo squealed coming forward to take Nahla.

She collected her from Bilkisu's arms and held Nahla close. "Billiey! How did you come up with that all alone? I love her name!" Aisha said squealing also. "Wo! My parents must rename me abeg." Chinelo said sighing dreamily as Aisha collected Nahla.

"I wanted you to name her ihsan, but nahla's such a nice name." Ihsan said facing bilkisu. "It is a very nice name and I have my reasons for naming her Nahla. You can tell your other relatives to name their children after you though." Bilkisu said trying her best not to sound rude.

The topic was dismissed and the event eventually came to an end and everyone started heading back to their homes after they had prayed maghrib.

~~~
"Collect your baby." Amal burst into the room with a bathed and dressed Nahla in her hands. Amal volunteered to bath Nahla while bilkisu did her wankan jego.

Bilkisu fed her then burped her before putting her to sleep and dropping her in her cradle. She fell back on the bed and picked up her charging phone to reply to messages from well-wishers.

Akram wasn't part of them. Not a single word from him and bilkisu was too stubborn to text first, after all she wasn't at fault so she didn't see a reason to text him.

After successfully replying every message, she went on tiktok and scrolled until she eventually fell asleep.

.

.

.

Assalamu Alaykum guysss!

How are you guys doing? I hope you're good shaaa🤭💕.

Also uhm this AN thing shaa I mostly don't know what to write so I think I'll just write it when I have something to say or I have to explain something.

By the wayyy what do you think of this chapter???

'Wankan jego' means hot bath.