Chapter 18

"Bilkisu Ahmed Bello! Why didn't you tell me about this?" Aisha said through the phone.

"I'm so so sorry! I was just trying to take everything in and besides we are just in a situationship not an actual relationship." Bilkisu said. "That doesn't make me feel any better." Aisha replied.

"In my defense, it hasn't been going on for long. Probably 2 or 3 weeks." Bilkisu said sighing. "Whatever, I'll start planning the wedding don't worry." Aisha said.

"Aisha! You're overreacting, we are not even sure we'll end up together." Bilkisu muttered rolling her eyes. "Oh trust me you will." The other woman said over the phone.

"Aisha I swear to God-
"Don't act like you don't want him, besides he is a spec!" Aisha giggled and bilkisu gasped. "I'll tell Ibrahim." She said and Aisha yelled at her. "Don't you dare! Anyway, me and Ibrahim are going for a date would you guys like to come? You know, like a double date thingy." Aisha told her.

"Sure we can do that." Bilkisu replied. "Make sure you're ready by 3:00 fah." Aisha told bilkisu and then the call ended. Bilkisu checked the time and it was 2:30, she then decided to take her bath and firdausi barged into the room seconds later making the older one roll her eyes.

"Ke Dan Allah get out of my room." She said. "Please there's no reason to be violent I just want your AirPods." She - firdausi - replied. "It's in the drawer now leave me alone!" Bilkisu muttered entering the bathroom. She came out minutes later and brought out an outfit.

Her black silk dress cuddled her hourglass figure, it had the slightest slit which revealed her black boot-like heels. It was a short sleeved dress she got when she travelled out. Her white Jersey veil was wrapped around her head.

She did a silver sparkly look which she watched a tutorial on. Satisfied with her look, she picked up her phone and posed in-front of the sunset and took a couple of photos. She posted it on her Instagram story and almost immediately, Akram replied with 'ke' and she replied him with 'eh?'.

Moments later Akram arrived and bilkisu bade Amal goodbye. She told firdaus about the date and left. A black Audi was parked at the parking spot. She got into the car and waved at Akram. He smiled waving back.

"You look amazing." He whispered under his breath but loud enough for her to hear. "Thank you." She said in the same way and blushed. "You too." She said checking him out.

"Allah koh?." He said as he pulled out of the parking spot.

~~~
They sat comfortably at The Vue, bilkisu sitting opposite Akram while Ibrahim sat opposite Aisha. They placed their orders and waited few minutes to get their food. Aisha who complained about being hungry dived in almost immediately.

Bilkisu ordered the seafood rice with shrimps and Akram ordered the same thing for reasons she's still trying to figure out. "So... when will you two start dating?" Ibrahim asked.

"Exactly! Help me ask them." Aisha agreed. "Ibrahim you too?" Bilkisu asked with an expression that made Aisha and Akram burst out laughing and bilkisu didn't hesitate to eye them both.

"Akram Waka." She said eyeing him. After he - Akram - sobered, he replied "okay toh I'm sorry."

The evening passed full of humor and teasing. It was getting dark so the couples decided to depart. bye bye's were said and Aisha and Ibrahim left. "Let's go koh?" Akram said opening the car door for bilkisu. She smiled muttering a thank you and climbed in.

They were already on the highway before you knew it. The silent drive was killing bilkisu. "So how was your night?" She decided to ask Akram. "It was amazing but it kind of went downhill when Ibrahim began irritating me, what about you?" He glanced at her briefly before focusing on the road again.

"It was great, but this dress didn't allow me to eat well." She said leaning back onto her seat. "Why did you put it on then?"

"I wanted to look good." She shrugged. "Do you want to eat anything else?" Akram asked her.

"Let's see... how about sushi?" She replied.

~~~
"Here you go." Akram handed bilkisu a plastic bag containing a takeaway of sushi. "Thank youu." She said grinning.

Bilkisu decided to wait till she got home before eating, just because of her dress. Just in time, Akram parked infront of her house and she smiled at him before getting down.

"See you then?" She said slowly. He nodded "I'll see you." He replied. Akram waited for her to enter the house before driving off.

"What's in there?" Firdaus asked immediately bilkisu came into view. "Toh achichi, no hi or hello." Bilkisu eyed her. "How was the date?" She asked emphasizing on the word date. "It was perfect."

"Oh really?" She wiggled her brows. "Firdaus shutup." Bilkisu said glaring. "Toh sorry, you guys should start dating please." Firdaus muttered with a sigh.

"Firdaus I swear to God-

"I'm sorry! You guys are just too cute." Firdaus said squealing. Bilkisu felt the blush creep up her cheeks. "You know what, I'm going upstairs." Bilkisu hopped up the stairs and stopped to knock when she got to Amal's room.

She heard a faint 'come in' before she twisted the door knob and said her Salam which Amal answered with a smile.

"Back already?" Amal asked. "Yes I was thinking I was late." Bilkisu replied. "I don't think you are so late." Amal said staring at her daughter with a smile.

Bilkisu chuckled a bit "well that's...good I guess?" She said. "Toh come and gist me how did it go?" Amal said dragging bilkisu onto her bed.

She - bilkisu - told her every single detail even ones she didn't know.

~~~
Bilkisu entered her room and opened the takeaway. She took a picture and captioned it 'Akram is the best!' She posted it on her story and after a while, firdausi barged into the room.

"Sushiii!" She sang. "Toh baza'a bada ba."(I'm not giving you). Bilkisu replied rolling her eyes. "Please, I got ramen I'll give you some." Firdausi begged. "Deal." Bilkisu muttered. She was a goner for ramen.

Firdaus squealed and walked over to bilkisu's bed to eat. After she was satisfied, she left the room to go and complete her part of the deal. Bilkisu changed into her nighties and decided to call akram.

She saw his reply to her story and she chuckled. He - Akram - picked after the second ring. Bilkisu and Akram conversed naturally. "Do you want to go out again?" The latter asked. "Mm... I would love to, but I feel like I just want to use the weekend to watch movies." The former replied.

"Oh I thought maybe we could hang out... but I guess you actually need the rest." Akram said. "Mhm." Bilkisu replied shortly. "Okay then, I'll leave you to it." He told her, good bye's were said and bilkisu later ended the call.

Bilkisu came downstairs and checked the time, it read 3:00AM. She gasped silently and almost screamed, everyone was asleep excluding her. She couldn't blame herself though, the cravings she was having were getting on her nerves and she knew her period would come anytime soon.

Bilkisu finished cooking the ramen firdausi gave her earlier, she took a drink from the fridge and quietly went back upstairs to eat.
.

.

.

Heyy guysss!

So?... how was the chapter??? Hopefully it makes sense because I don't know what I wrote honestly.

Oh, here's the meaning of the Hausa word I used earlier;

Achichi:- a person that eats a lot.

Ok keedssss swipe up!!! There's another chapter waiting for you!🤭🤟🏾