Chapter 10

Sunday
5 weeks since bilkisu had joined UCL. It was unbelievable and at the same time stressful.

She saw herself getting to know Akram and Sa'ed better, specifically Akram. She noticed how Ahmad became very overprotective and didn't like staying away from her much.

Bilkisu decided to ignore him anyway, she had some thoughts going on in her head but she dismissed them as they came. She loved Akram's personality and couldn't stop ranting about him to her mom or firdaus.

"Oh God mama, I swear I'm tired of this school of a thing, I think I'll just drop out." Bilkisu said staring at her mom who she was on a video call with.

Her mom glared at her and bilkisu chuckled. "I'm just joking mama, but to think that I still have internship which will take about four years and also specialisation which will take three years, ugh I'm already tired." Bilkisu ranted while her mom smiled at her.

"That's life my love, and by the way how's Akram?" Her mom asked. Bilkisu smiled before answering "he's good."

"Toh Alhamdullilah."

"Toh I have to end this call. Ahmad and the girls will be coming over."

"Alright bye my love."

~~~
"Hey y'all!" Bilkisu half yelled. "You want to block our ears or what?" Fahhamah asked.

"Fahhamah quit being rude please!" Bilkisu pleaded and the two chuckled.

"Toh why are you guys here?" Bilkisu said hands at akimbo. "Hian, so we cannot come and see you again? Ah pele oh." Chinelo, an addition to the friend group said.

Chinelo is the agbero of the group and they all loved her like that. She's very lively and cute, she's 20. She and a certain Joshua like each other but refuse to admit it.

"Okay fine I'm sorry chichi." Bilkisu said calling her with the nickname she hated so much. "Come you wan die?" Chinelo asked glaring at bilkisu and they all burst out laughing.

"You guys should know that I don't have food oh, so you're going to starve if you don't order something."
Bilkisu said.

"That's why we're all going for a walk, we'll get something along the way." Hussayna told her.

Hussayna, Fahhamah, Chinelo, safiyya, and Maryam were the ones present.

Bilkisu then noticed Ahmad had not come with them. "Where's Ahmad?" She asked.

"He said something about him reading more because all he did was watch movies and he needed to actually focus on school." Safiyya replied.

"Oh." Bilkisu said and chuckled after.

They were taking a walk when Fahhamah complained she was getting tired and she didn't want to have any sun burns.

"Why don't we find a restaurant to eat ." Bilkisu suggested.

"Yeah that works." Fahhamah agreed with the idea and the others did too.

They decided to go to carlotte. They got a taxi to get there, they got in immediately and bilkisu who was seeing carlotte for the first time looked around the Italian restaurant in awe. Ofcourse she had seen pictures and reviews online but this was completely different from what she had expected.

She didn't know what she was expecting but this wasn't it. "Anty lower your gaze abeg, let them not think we're villagers." Chinelo said and they all laughed.

They sat on table 4 since maryam said it was the best table and there's privacy. Moments later, a waiter came to take their orders and they told him they wanted to check the menu first.