Chapter 26

Nabila arrived at Kano. She looked around for her mother's driver till she eventually found him. He came out of the car and took her luggage.

"Welcome back ma'am." He says and nabila nods. She gets in the car heaving. "Hi babe, I just landed and mommy's driver came to pick me." Nabila said. "That's good. You're okay right?" Bashir asks.

"Yes I am babe." She replied. "Nabila you better not fall for that looser you're getting married to." Bashir reminded. Nabila chuckled. "I won't, don't worry." She says.

~~~
"You're going to hajiya's place tomorrow, you better be on your best behavior." Rabi warned. Nabila rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, it's like you won't go back to Qatar." Rabi said and Nabila's eyes widened. "Mommy no please I'm sorry. I'll be on my best behavior tomorrow I promise." Nabila pleaded.

Rabi hissed. "I got you an atampa for tomorrow, go and try it on." She says. Nabila nods and heads upstairs.

The atampa looked good on nabila and she grins admiring herself in the mirror. "Mommy has such good taste God." She said smiling.

Nabila removed the atampa and put on a night gown that stopped above her knees. She laid on the bed and dialed bashir's number. Before he could pick, rabi called her.

Nabila groans and gets out of bed. She walks downstairs to meet rabi. "Did you try on the atampa?" She asked.

"Yes mommy, it looks good." Nabila replied. "Okay, here's a picture of Akram, would you like to see?" Rabi asked. "No mommy, I don't want to. We're getting married anyway I'll see him everyday." Nabila said with a sigh.

Rabi nods and nabila heads back upstairs.
~~~
Bilkisu puts on a casual black dress. She sprays perfume and put on jewelry. She put on an all gold metal watch and a chiffon scarf.

She grabs her phone, car keys, bag and scrubs before leaving her room. The break was over and she was going back to work but bilkisu didn't mind, she felt like it would help her get her mind off things and she'd meet people she hadn't seen in a while.

"Mama, baba I'm going to work." Bilkisu says. "Okay dear." Zayd and Amal chorus. "Where's firdaus?" Bilkisu asked.

"She said she wanted to spend time with one of her friends, you know she's leaving next week." Amal informed. Bilkisu nodded. Firdaus would be leaving for university next week.

Bilkisu got in the car and drove off. She connected her phone to the Bluetooth and played Quran. It gave her peace of mind and she wanted just that. She listened to the Quran till she got to nizamiye.

Bilkisu looked for an empty space to park and eventually found one. Before coming out of the car, she unlocks her phone and checks the group chat which was very active.

Aisha: Bilkisu! Ahmad and Chinelo will start working in nizamiye and I'll resume work soon!

Chinelo: that's right.

Bilkisu: oh my goddd! Are you serious??

Aisha: obviously.

Bilkisu: great!

Chinelo: Joshua where on earth are you?

Joshua: here ma'am.

Bilkisu: you two are so cute please!

Aisha: girl have you seen you and Akram?

Chinelo: help me ask oo!

Akram: oh please, you guys are being over dramatic. Right hayati?