Chapter 3

Akram's POV
"I'll miss you my little boy." Mama said. She did that most times whenever I was going on trips with baba or something close.

This time it was a bit different because I also knew I was going to miss her a lot! That's because this time, I'm going for my university in London. And I might not come back home as early as I want since I chose to study medicine, I want to become a surgeon.

I've always liked the course so much. Knowing what I have ahead of me, I almost cried at the thought of not coming back till I'm done with every single thing. Medical school itself takes 4-5 years. I also had housmanship and specialisation to do, it's a whole lot.

Surgeons specifically move on to a special training, which is a further 6 years, and I will not be doing that.

"Mama, I'll miss you too." I finally replied her, she wanted to cry I knew it. I quickly hugged her and tried to stop myself from crying as well.

She wanted to come with to drop me off at the airport and I couldn't say no.

~~~
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

We arrived at the airport after a 10 minute drive and I got down from the car, mama did the same.
I told her I would carry on from here and she should go back with the driver because I didn't want to stress her.

After much convincing, she agreed and left. I can't believe I actually cried, it was not that visible but anyway. I went ahead to sort out all the airport necessities.

My dad by the way, was busy with work so he couldn't come with, he is a politician after all.

20 minutes passed and we finally boarded. It's a 6 hours and 34 minutes flight roughly and thankfully it was a direct one.

~~~
"This is the final boarding call for passengers on flight 89B to London. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat, this is the final boarding call for flight 89B to London."

The announcement woke me up and I groaned a bit. I'm going to be studying at UCL medical school, London. I was kind of excited and the fact that I had good residency made it even better.
I would have my own apartment.

~~~
London, UK.
10:54

Today is the first day of medical school, I was not nervous at all.
I wore a white button up shirt and a black pants. I was trying to be as casual as possible. I wore my Rolex and shoes.

I locked my apartment and then went ahead to walk to the university since it was only a few minutes away from my apartment.

~~~
"Class, this is our new student Akram Ayaan, he's Mr Umar Ibrahim Ayaan's son please welcome him warmly." The lecturer introduced me to the class. "Hello everyone." I smiled and went to sit down. I could already see girls gossiping but I decided to ignore them.

After that, the class started and I jotted some things down, I was using an Apple iPad to take note of things just like most people did. I didn't like writing at all, and even if I did write, I wouldn't write much. But I know I'm going to have to like writing if I want to be a surgeon.

1:30
I sat at the cafeteria using my laptop and phone at the same time. I didn't have any friends or stuff like that so I sat alone.

Well until this guy came to meet me, I totally ignored him at first till he spoke up. "Asalamualaikum, I'm Sa'ed. Sa'ed Abubakar." The supposed Sa'ed said. "Salam, I'm Akram, I suppose you already know." I replied trying to be as frank as possible.

"Mhm, I noticed you didn't have anybody to sit with so I decided to come." He said. He's nice.

"Thank you." I replied.
"So friends?" Sa'ed asked then i smiled. "Sure."

Just then, mama called me and I had to answer. "Excuse me." I said and went away to answer the call.

"Hello mama." I said after picking the call, I was smiling even tho she couldn't see me. "How are you my son?" She asked and I imagined her smiling.

"Fine, Alhamdullilah." I replied. "Toh thank goodness, I was worried since you didn't call me yesterday even though your father said you were alright." She said and I chuckled.

" I was so tired when I arrived. So I couldn't even pick up my phone." I explained. "Aww, sorry my son how are you now?"

"I'm better." I replied. "Akram let's switch to video call." She muttered. "No mama, I mean I'm currently in school so I can't." I explained.

"Alright akram, idan ka kai gida call me immediately, call your siblings too."(when you get home).

"InshAllah."

~~~
Tuesday
I stepped into the classroom and i went ahead to sit where I sat yesterday.

"Heyyy." This random girl half yelled. There we go.

"Hi." I said dryly. "Uhm, akram right?" She asked and I hummed as a reply. "Can I by any chance have your snap?" She asked shyly.

Mstw.
"No." I said sternly and she looked disappointed. She eyed me then left. I smirked a bit before I continued working on my laptop.

Then Sa'ed came to sit next to me. "Hey man." He said and I smiled before replying. "How are you ?" I asked. "I'm good Alhamdullilah what are you doing?"

"Uhh, just some research." I replied him. "Oh, I saw salma trying to talk to you? She went back angry what did you say to her?" He said and chuckled making me chuckle.

"Well she asked for my snap and I simply rejected since I wasn't interested." I narrated. And he burst out laughing. "What?" I said then I laughed as well.

"How did you say it?" He asked. "The opposite of yes." I told him. "Just that?" He asked. "Mhm." I replied and he burst out laughing again. Sa'ed isn't actually so bad, he's fun to be around.

"Wow, Salma believes she's the baddie of our class or whatever and nobody ever rejects her or close to that so it's a bit funny." He told me. "Ohh, well I'm not them and I have the right to reject if I'm not interested isn't it?" I said.

"Whatever you wish." He said smiling and I nodded. I could see the supposed Salma dashing me death glares but I could care less. Besides I didn't want her getting my snap to make anything happen between us.

Im not at all ready for relationships.

After a while a lecturer came in and we started class.

~~~
I was so hungry so I decided to order food and milkshake. Besides, me and cooking don't get along well.

After about 20 minutes my food came and I was a bit angry as I expected the food to come earlier but the delivery man was very kind and he delivered the food well so I gave him a tip.

I dug in immediately he left because of how hungry I was.
.

.

.

Salam!
How are you alll???? And how was this chapter? I hope you liked it sha🤭

Anyway see y'all next time🗿🩶