Take Down

Yuki woke up some hours later to the sound a little girls crying. Her mother instincts kicked in and she jumped to her feet to run into Daki's room. Daki had a little girl pulled up by the ear, blood beginning to drip down from the grip she had on the child. The other little girl was cowering in the corner, terrified.

"Daki!" she yelled as she came into the room and grabbed Daki's wrist. Daki looked at her in shock for a moment before Yuki continued, "no harming children....please." 

Daki sighed and released the little girl who clung to Yuki and cried. Yuki shushed the small girl as rubbed her hair to calm her as a mother would. Daki pouted, upset that she had upset her sister in law and reached for a first aid kit to hand to Yuki. The other little girl in the corner came to sit in Yuki's lap with her sister. Yuki took the first aid kit from Daki and opened it, "Now let me see that ear." 

She cleaned it and placed a small bandage on it before kissing it better, as she did with her own children at one point, "there now, you can run off and play. I will see what Warabihime needs." The little girls hugged her one last time before running off. Yuki turned towards Daki and handed her the first aid kit back. This is what Yuki needed to see. She needed to see the cruelty and not the kindness they showed her. If this is how they treated children, her and her little secret wouldn't survive. 

"Daki...why would you do that?" Yuki asked her. 

"She didnt do as I asked," Daki said with a shrug and a pout. 

Yuki smiled at her, "if you need something done let me know ok? I will do it." Daki laid her head in Yuki's lap and Yuki stroked her hair softly. "Hey Daki...there is somewhere I need to go tonight, but it looks like a scary place and I was wondering if you and Gyutaro could come with me?" 

"Of course, but this whole place is scary. Where do you need to go?" Daki asked her as she looked up at her. 

"The abandoned part of the city," Yuki said with a smile. "I am afraid of the dark you see and that place has no light at all." 

"Oh you are? That's so cute! Isn't it big brother?" Dake squealed as she wrapped her arms around Yuki's neck and nuzzled her cheek. 

Gyutaro stared at Yuki for a moment before smiling at her, "yeah it is...." 

Later that night, Yuki dressed in her slayer uniform and walked with Gizmo to the abandoned part of the city. Right behind her was Daki and Gyutaro not even bothering with human disguises. She felt guilty as she led them into a trap, especially since they trusted her so easily but she had to think of the two children cowering in fear to keep her legs moving. Gyutaro kept stealing glances at her and Daki looked like she was about to burst with some kind of information. That's when she heard his voice from behind her, "Yuki...." 

Yuki turned to see Muzan standing there with Akaza and who she remembered to be Douma from the bridal competition. She looked up to Daki and Gyutaro in shock as they shared a sad look between them. 

"Sorry Yuki...but we needed you to come home," Gyutaro said as he reached for her. She avoided his grab and jumped with Gizmo to land a few feet away from the all as Muzan walked forward with Akaza and Douma beside him.