Secret Fear

The man held his bleeding nose as Yuki wiped her hand in the snow. She looked at the man in disgust, "no man hits me." She walked towards the group as they stared at her. She walked up to Kyojuro and smiled, "ok to go now." Kyojuro blinked as she grabbed onto his haori once more and smiled sheepishly at her, "you bet!" 

They walked for a mile or so, the rest of the men staring at her dumbfounded the entire way. Once they had come into the cover of the Wisteria Trees, it became almost light out, the trees petals lighting up the space they were in like a halo. Yuki let go of Kyojuro's haori and reached for the petals, feeling them between her fingers, "pretty...wisteria?" 

Kyojuro nodded at her, "that's right, they are wisteria trees! very good." He patted her head like a dog to which she raised a brow at. He held his hand out for her, "come now, we will rest for the night." Yuki placed her tiny hand in his large one as he grabbed it and drug her along behind them. Once they reached the home, a small old lady came to greet them. She bowed politely, "Welcome Hashira. We already have a room prepared for you." The little woman turned to walk and they followed her into a private hallway with two rooms. She turned to them and bowed, "I will serve dinner shortly. Please make yourself at home and do call if a doctor is needed." 

Yuki watched as the men sat down on the floor, taking their weapons and bags off to relax. Yuki just sat down in between Kyojuro and Sanemi and began to play with her hair, not really knowing what to do. After a few moments, the old woman came back with five trays of food. She set them down inside the room and slid the door closed. Everyone grabbed a tray and Kyojuro sat one in front of Yuki. She stared at it which caused them to look at her. 

"What's the matter? Do you not like tempura?" Giyu asked her with an arched brow. 

Yuki shook her head, "No, I do...no money to pay." 

The room erupted in laughter and she tilted her head in confusion like a puppy. "You don't need to pay. This is a safehouse for demon slayers so everything is free to use. You can eat," Uzui said with a smirk. 

Yuki nodded and slowly took her chopsticks in her hand and raised some of the tempure to her mouth. When she tasted it, her blue eyes sparkled at how amazing it was. "umai..." she whispered to which everyone snapped their heads at her. 

"D-did she just say umai?" Giyu asked with a twitch of his eye. 

"Oh lord not another one..." Sanemi said as he smacked himself in the face with his palm. 

Kyojuro looked at her with twinkly eyes and a large smile, "I thought I was the only one who did that!" 

Yuki smiled at him and shook her head, her left cheek swollen with a mouthful before she swallowed. Kyojuro's only thought in that moment was, 'cute!' 

After they had finished eating, Uzui grabbed everyone's tray and looked towards Yuki. "Do you want to take a bath first or do you want us to go first?" Yuki simply pointed at them because she had no idea where the bath was or how they used it here. She wasn't going to peek in on anyone, just see how they went in and how they came out. "You deserve first," she said with a smile. Uzui laughed and ruffled her hair, "the way you talk is adorable. OK we will go first."