fourty-seven.

Ominis spent the night in our guest room that night and spent the majority of the next day with us. It was always nice to spend time with him and Sebastian together, as their banter kept me wildly entertained. Anyone listening to them could easily mistake them for brothers.

Once Ominis had gone home and it was just Sebastian and me, I decided to draw myself a hot bath. I kept my complaints to myself throughout the day, but I was terribly sore and hoped the hot water would help. After adding different oils and bubbles into the water, I undressed and sank into the tub.

The bath was so relaxing, I almost fell asleep. My shoulders and legs ached less, though the water didn't help the soreness between my legs. That would take days to get better. In the meantime, it was an excellent reminder of the night I'd had with my two favorite people.

Once I felt sufficiently washed and relaxed, I drained the tub and dried myself off before putting on a robe and going to find Sebastian. It didn't take long to find him; he was reading on the couch in front of the fireplace. I stood against the doorway and took in the site of him.

"I'm so lucky to be with you," I mused. "You look so handsome and scholarly sitting there with your book." He looked up at me and smiled before marking his page and shutting his book.

"I'd say I'm the lucky one. You're a vision in that robe. It reminds me of our first night together," he said. I thought back to our time in the Undercroft and our first game of Truth or Dare.

"Truth or Dare," I asked, smiling.

"Hmm...dare," he said after thinking for a moment.

"I dare you to love me forever," I replied as I walked over to him and sat beside him on the couch.

"Already planned on it." He put his arm around me and pulled me close to him before kissing the top of my head.

BOOM!

The house shook, rattling the frames on the wall and the items on shelves. My ears rang from the loud noise as I instinctually ran to grab my wand.

"The fuck was that," Sebastian asked loudly when I reentered the room. Both of our wands were drawn as we made our way to the front door.

"It sounded like an explosion," I answered. We hurried outside and looked around. Nothing was amiss by our home, but I gasped when I looked up at the hill to see multiple homes on fire. Sebastian and I both ran up the path as fast as we could.

Chaos had erupted on the hill as flames engulfed at least five homes. People were running around calling out for friends and loved ones while others were trying to put out the fires. Sebastian and I immediately joined those trying to stop the fires. I could feel the ancient magic taking over as a heavy stream of water erupted from the end of my wand without me saying anything.

"What happened," Sebastian called out to the person beside him, a nice gentleman named Theodore who made and sold potions.

"No idea. One second, it was just a normal night, the next, Maggie Harden's home just explodes!"

"Was she inside? Has anyone been hurt," Sebastian asked.

"The house was empty. Maggie and her family are away on holiday, but the fire jumped pretty quickly to the other houses. I'm not sure if anyone has been injured."

"Help! Someone help," I heard someone crying to my right. I looked over and saw a woman named Nadine running around frantically, trying to get anyone's attention amidst the chaos. More people had joined us in trying to control the fires, so I felt okay running over to Nadine.

"What's wrong," I asked when I reached her.

"I can't find my son," she cried hysterically. "I can't find Logan!"