thirty-four.

Sebastian and I spent the weekend in our home planning what we wanted to do with the space. He drew up some pictures of the rooms and we played around with furniture placement and measurements. The living area was a decent size, so we could get a big plushy sofa to set in front of the fireplace, which I was excited about. I imagined getting cozy next to the fire with a book and a cup of tea.

When we weren't talking about furniture and decorations, we were outside by the water. The weather wasn't quite warm enough to swim, but I still sat at the shoreline and let the water wash back and forth over my feet. It was so peaceful and I couldn't wait for us to spend our summers here.

"I don't want to leave," I whined when Sunday evening rolled around.

"I don't either, but we'll be back soon enough. Before we know it, the school year will be over and we'll be spending our days in the water and our nights tangled up in sheets."

"I can't wait. As much as this school year has changed my life, I'm ready for it to be over so I can relax with you."

"Just a few more weeks." Sebastian kissed me on the cheek. "Before we get back to the school, though, I have your birthday gift."

"My birthday isn't until Wednesday."

"I know, but I wanted to give it to you when it was just us." He dug through his bag and pulled out a small wrapped package. "It's not as exciting as getting you a house, but I worked really hard on it."

Sebastian handed me the gift and I excitedly opened it. Inside was a framed drawing he had done. It was a picture of the two of us holding hands and smiling in the center of the paper and smaller drawings of us in the background. I gasped when I saw all of the detail and intricacies of the drawing.

"This is incredible," I whispered, looking closely at each image of us. "How did you do this?"

"Memory and a lot of time spent looking in a mirror so I could get my features right. I know your face better than my own," he laughed.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," I told him as I hugged him, being careful not to drop the frame. "Thank you so much, Sebastian. I love my gift and I love you."

"I'm glad you like it. I love you, too." He kissed me gently. "Happy early birthday."

"Thank you. You've already made it the best ever."

"And you made mine the best ever."

Sebastian and I returned to Hogwarts in the best of moods. We were joking with each other and laughing when we walked back to my room. When I opened the door, we were greeted with then site of Ominis.

"Ominis," I exclaimed, dropping my bag and running over to him. I threw my arms around his neck and embraced him.

"Hello to you, too," he said, laughing a little. He hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're here. It's been too long." I released him.

"Congrats on the marriage. I'm sorry I couldn't be there," he said, looking a bit sad.

"No worries at all, I promise. You'll be the first we invite to our reception."

"As much as we love having you here," Sebastian began, " why are you here? I thought the plan was to surprise Thea on Wednesday."

"It was, but I learned something kind of urgent and needed to tell you right away." Ominis' voice sounded grave.

"What's wrong," I asked.

"It concerns Sebastian. Do you mind if we talk alone?"

"Oh, um, of course not." I was taken aback for a moment. I wasn't used to secrets between the three of us.