Chapter 25: Bloody Wounds

Começar do início

"IT'S HIS FAULT! IT SHOULD'VE BEEN HIM!" 

"I know your hurting! But killing Nick isn't going to bring Billy back! It's not!" Evelyn cried. She had scrambled over and was kneeling beside Nick, a hand held up, leaning over Nick. 

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" He cried. Tears poured down his face. He let out a loud scream and sob.

He held the knife out in front of himself. 

"NO! STEVE D-" She screamed, and dove for him as he plunged the knife into his own chest. 

Alby, Sonny and Gally finally made it. Nick was making chocking noises, Evelyn didn't know who  to go to. If she went to one, the other would die. 

"Evy!" Sonny's deep voice cut through her indecision, "Nick needs you. NOW!" 

She dove for Nick. Ripping his shirt away from the knife would. He was starting to shake. 

"Dammit! You're not dying today!" She cried. She still had her bag and she ripped it open, grabbing a wad of the cloth she pressed it hard to his side. 

"Sonny! Come hold this!" She demanded. He dropped and did as he was told. "Hold it tight, don't let go." 

She spun on her knees towards Steve. He had the knife in his chest, stopping most of the blood. She knew his chance of survival was slim, but he couldn't have a knife in his chest. 

"Gally! Come here!" She demanded. 

He dropped. She pulled more cloth out and did her best to pack it around. 

"When I pull you need to push, stop the bleeding." 

He nodded. 

Alby stood slightly dumbfounded, watching the chaos. 

"Ev! Hurry!" Sonny cried. 

"Hold on!" She snapped. "Ready Gal?" 

The boy nodded. She grabbed the handle of the knife and pulled. A spirt of blood followed. Gally pressed down. She grabbed some more cloth and passed it to Sonny. 

"Alby! Be useful and go grab some more gladers and a big flat board to transport these guys NOW!" He turned and ran. 

"Okay, Sonny, move." 

He shifted out of her way, she placed her hands on Nicks side and forced some healing into Nick. She could feel the blood slow down. Her head became clouded. Blinking away the black spots, her forehead broke out in sweat, and her heart started racing. She pulled her hands away, the blood had slowed. She packed cloth around him again. She nodded at Sonny, who came back to hold trying to stop the blood loss. She spun back to Steve. 

"Gally. Move." 

She didn't wait for an answer, and ripped his shirt the see the damage, blood flowed thick and hot from his chest. She could feel his heart beating wildly, trying to keep up with the blood loss. She knew deep down he wasn't going to make it. But she placed her hands on his chest and let the power flow through her and into him. At least let him die in peace and less pain. Her chest was hurting, feeling the sharp pain of breathing. She let her power die out, and nodded at Gally to come back. 

Alby had raced back with some more guys. 

"Board!" They placed it down beside Nick. They helped slid him onto the board. The guys picked up the board. A few more guys came and helped Steve onto a bored. But the rush wasn't as urgent...They knew he wasn't going to make it. 

The guy's around Nick's bored picked it and started rushing towards the MedHut. Evelyn ran beside, her hand on his chest.

"Wait! Stop!! She cried, she could feel his heart beat slowing, she cursed. Without a word, Sonny picked her up and placed her on the board, She climbed on top, and started pushing on his heart.