chapter 24: The Box

Começar do início

"...Evelyn..."

She felt how alive his body was and she felt her face flood with heat. Her heart was racing and slamming into her ribs. One hand let go of her hip and cradled the back of her head pulling her down, kissing her desperately. His other hand slid to the small of her back. With another growl he pushed her body down into him as he arched his back and hips up. He was definitely very alive. He broke their kiss throwing back his head with a groan.

Her mouth had gone dry and her palms felt sweaty. She pushed on his chest, and sat up, her back stuff.

"Newt..." Her voice was quiet and more of a pleading whimper.

His eyes shot open, through his fog of desire and eagerness he frowned. Concern came through to the surface.

"I don't..I'm not... can we..stop? I'm not..." She stammered, looking away, avoiding his eyes.

Newt let go of her hips and slid her off his lap gently to sit beside him. He sat up, still breathing hard and kind of sweaty, and frowned at her with worry.

"Yeah, Love we can stop. I'm sorry! I didn't mean t'make ya uncomfortable!"

She twisted her fingers together, still tense and avoiding his soft gaze.

"It's just...I'm not...I don't...I don't know."

"Ev, look at me." His voice was still rough, but it was gentle. When she kept her head down he took her chin and turned her head.

"I don't need a reason or explanation. You said stop. End of the buggen' story. Okay, Love?"

She nodded, greatful tears filled her eyes. He frowned, letting go of her chin, he slid a hand into her hair.

"Did I hurt ya?"

She shook her head. "No. I.. just I dunno, now feel bad."

"Why the bloody hell would ya feel bad?"

"'Cause I started it." She said quietly looking back down at her hands in her lap. "I did that to you and then...got ..I dunno scared? Nervous? Uncomfortable? Something..." She paused and took a shuddering breath. "Now I feel guilty."

He smiled gently at her.

"You did nothin' wrong Love. You don't need to explain, and it don't matter if you or I started, if what were doin' makes ya uncomfortable we stop. Thank you for tellin' me."

Every looked back up at him, bitting her bottom lip, her eyes searching his for reasurance. Newt smiled gently at her again.

"You don't gotta do anythin' to make my heart speed up or my breathing to stop. Jus' seeing you, my Angel, makes me alive."

His other hand cupped around her jaw. She placed a hand over his. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"Now let's get dressed an' go have some breakfast."

_______________________.

Evelyn was sitting and listening to Nick and another kid named Billy.

"Okay say that again? You want to try going down the box -"

"-hole, yeah. We tried when the box was there. We tried."

Evelyn nodded, remembering they tried that in the beginning. The box didn't move until Nick got out and closed the doors. They had even tried leaving the doors option, but sometime during the night they somehow closed and the box was gone. That's when they knew people were watching, there was a note that said "don't try that again or there will be consequences."

"So later today, we want to see, now that the box is gone, see if we can go down, see where it goes!"

"Well that's an interesting idea, for sure." Evelyn thought out loud.