Klowning Around

Two months after the Dhork attack, and the return of max, max would be seen in his room, messing around with two of his figures “one shall stand” Max spoke in a peter cullen-esk voice “and one shall fall!” Max spoke in a Frank Wellker voice before slamming the two figures together. He missed being childish. Before he could get to far into his reenactment his phone would vibrate in his pocket, Max setting the figures down to see a message from Chaz in a groupchat.

Chaz:Yo Maxy my man! You down to hang out tonight?

Max: I might be able to, You got something planned?

Chaz:You bet your ass I do! I snagged me, you and Quinter some tickets to Mammon’s clown pageant!

Max:The sin of greed has a clown pageant?

Quint:Yeah it’s a year round thing, some of the best jesters and clowns from around the rings come to get a position with Mammon

Max:I really gotta look more into hell’s culture :p

Max:but i’ll see if I can come, i need permission from my folks

Chaz:what are you? 11?

Max:It’s a safety precaution, they don’t want me disappearing again. But as long as i’m with someone trustworthy i’ll be fine

Chaz:whatever you say baby boy 😏

Max:I will whoop yo ass

Chaz:kinky~

Max:Bruh

Quint:Bruh²

-an hour later-

Down in the ring of greed, Chaz and Quint would be hanging out near an alleyway, waiting for Max to show up. After a moment a bright flash of light came from the alley, before a shark demon walked out. “heya guys!” The shark spoke with a grin, his voice and clothing exactly like Max's, just with a sharky twist “Max?” Chaz looked at the shark with some surprise. “The one and only” Max responded “impressive!” Quint spoke as he looked at max in better detail.

Max’s shark form was slim, sporting aqua forest green scales, white puffy hair and purple eyes. along with a short set of horns swept back like hair. His tail was quite long, and even some bone was exposed near the tailfin. “You look good Sharky” Chaz smiled as he set an arm over max’s shark shoulder “wish i had cool ass magic like that!”. “Do I dare to imagine the things you would do?” Quint asked “if you would like~” Chaz teased as Quint gave his fellow shark a disgusted look. “Aaaaannnyyway where’s this pageant at?” Max asked. “It’s only a few blocks away, if we get there in time we might see who's competing” Quint spoke with a grin “well in the words of a famous plumber: Let’s-a Go!” Max would jump into the air, making an NES jumping sound effect as the group got going.

After a while the trio arrived at the pageant, slowly crawling through a crowd of imps, hellhounds incubus and all sorts of other local hellborn. “How popular is this shit?” Max asked as he looked around “very popular” Quint spoke as the trio made their way up to the front of the crowd, seeing some of the contestants walking down a red carpet as if it were the movies. Max would look over some of the contestants. There was a short, chubby imp, a succubus, a jester with robotic limbs
standing next to a demon that max was unfamiliar with, Blitz, another-

 There was a short, chubby imp, a succubus, a jester with robotic limbsstanding next to a demon that max was unfamiliar with, Blitz, another-