Jailbird

Max would quietly wake up as the lights quickly turned on, max covering his face as the light blasted onto his face. "God damnit..." Max groaned to himself as he sat up and looked around the cell room, seeing that the two sharks were already awake. "About time sleeping beauty woke up" Chaz teased Max as he smiled, standing near the bars of the cell "har har har, very funny man" Max sighed as he got out of his spot in the bunk bed stack.

"So what's going on today?" Max asked as he walked over to the bars, and before either shark could respond a stoneguard would walk into the cellblock "now that all of you disgraces are awake, today's duties are mining for ore in the cave systems" they spoke with a stone cold tone. Max would quietly think to himself as all cell doors opened, and shackles would magically appear on everyone's wrists and legs, even Max's. "This....is my life now..." Max quietly spoke to himself as everyone marched in a single file line and were guided to a dark pit with a giant elevator platform.

Everyone would board the platform as it began to descend deeper and deeper into the pit before coming to a jolting stop. Everyone would step off and approach a rack of picks, all relatively dirty. Max would attempt to grab on but would quickly be trampled over by countless demons rushing to grab their tools, and by the time max got up there were none left for him. "Damn it..." Max sighed as he dusted himself off "if demons weren't so inconsiderate I'd have a pickaxe right about now" max said in a huff. Suddenly his hand would begin to glow as a Goetian logo appeared in his palm, and similar to the coin he once wielded a translucent pick would form into his hands.

"Huh...handy" max said as the pick became opaque and resembled all the other picks used by everyone else. "Get to work kid" a stone guard would slap max in the back of his head, forcing him to get to work on a wall everyone was mining at. Hours would go by, the only sounds filling the air were picks clashing against the stone wall and the groans of weak demons, though as max mined away a boulder would fall from the ceiling and nearly hit max, but a certain shark would leap to Max's rescue.

"Holy shit!" Max yelled as he and the shark rolled a little "that was close... thanks quint" max said as he looked up at quint, who was unintentionally pinning max down. "No problem max, but fuck that was close" Quint let out a quick breath of relief as he got off Max and helped max up "hey... what's that?" Max would look over quint's shoulder and spot a small gap in the wall, revealed by the boulder that would've hurt Max. "I'm not sure... probably just an air pocket" Quint said as Max checked it out closer.

"Doesn't seem like it, I can almost see...hove-prints in there.." Max would then get daring and squeezed himself through the gap, just barely fitting in. "Max no!" Quint quietly yelped "I'll be fine quint, but I need you to cover for me until I get out" Max said, quint only nodding in response as max began to sneak down the hole. Max will be crawling for what felt like an hour before he discovered a giant opening, which lead to an abandoned room full of drawings of seemingly random things. "Whoah..." Max gasped a little as he looked at some of the drawings "I wonder who drew these...." Max would ask himself as he looked at a note on the wall, written in cursive.

"It's been 84 years since I've seen the green skies of the greed ring, and the warmth of my little Moxxie's smile. I can't let crimson keep him to himself and twist him into some monster that he wants."

"I'm going to find my way out of here and back to my little boy, and find that monster who cut me out of his life.."

Max would gasp a little as he thought about what he read "Moxxie's mom was here?! And crimson killed her?! JESUS!" Max yelled, which echoed around the cave before max found another note, which seemed more recent.

"I found a way out of here,the back wall of the cells in this nightmare are weak as paper, it's dangerous, but it's my only way of getting home to my boy"

"To whomever is reading this note, I have either successfully escaped or I'm truly dead, and if you manage to get out yourself:find my son and give him these papers, show him that his mama still cares for him"

Max would let a small tear roll down his cheek as he grabbed the notes and tucked them away into his back pocket, a new responsibility and reason to escape now in his mind "I won't let you down ma'am...".

"I won't let anyone down...."