Fathers Tale

"Flash back to 1983, I just got out of college and i'm off on my own" rick said as max began to picture the story in max's head, seeing a younger version of his father walking out of the local college. "i didn't have too good of an income back then, worked at a few fast food places, mainly burger dock. i didn't have much going on either, just lived a rough life....that is until i heard of a new company that was sprouting up, the Demon Hunter Organisation and Research of demonic Knowledge, or as you know it now: D.H.O.R.K" Rick said "they were a small local company at the time, plus there were some rumors of "demons using crystals to blend in with humans" at the time too. of course i didn't really believe in demons, but i needed some cash in my pocket so i could put some food on my plate"

the scene then began to change, showing a young rick walking down a hall of the D.H.O.R.K facility, wearing a black coat with a letter D on the side. Rick would then step into an elevator and descend deep into the building's sub levels, before arriving in a strange room full of other agents. "at the time they were also working on a generator for the building, money wasn't too easy to get at the time, so we had to get to get creative." Rick narrated as his younger self walked up to a terminal "the project was led by me, since i had some skill with the subject of electrical generation during highschool and college". the young rick would then be approached by a blond woman, wearing a similar outfit to ricks "and at the time too i was in a relationship with one of the two founders: Karen. she and i were friends back in college, though i always found it funny how she had such an obsession with the supernatural with her other buddy tyke, who was a pretty big star wars nerd like yourself" rick chuckled. "i swear karen's dorm was full of weird drawings of gods, demons, and so on...to think she was right.." rick sighed a bit before he continued.

"about a year later we began the first power up of the generator, at first it worked just as intended, the building was at full power within 30 minuets, however something went wrong with said generator. i'm not sure what mistake i made when we were building it, but it began to overload certain systems, but just before we though the whole place would go boom: it didn't. in the center of the room was a glowing grey fracture in reality, the first man made portal" as rick said this the exact event would play out in max's mind. "before we could study it something fell right out of it before the fracture snapped shut and vanished, that something was a human, or so we thought. on closer inspection they had a rabbit like appearance, though unlike a bunny this guy was pissed and killed a few of my men before we caught it. the team would experiment on the demon while i figured out what made the generator work-" "whoah whoah whoah, whoah. you're telling me you guys built a gateway to other planes of existence...in the fucking basement?!" Max yelled out, cutting his father off. "first off: language, secondly, yes" rick said.

"getting back to the story, eventually i figured out how to recreate the portals, though couldn't figure out how to control them due to how unpredictable they were. sometimes i saw an earth reclaimed by earth and giant mutated animals, or a land with purple boiling seas, and a giant machine with a face the size of an island" rick said. "but as my most recent test went on, the demon rabbit broke out of containment, and unlucky for me: it was coming to my work station. before i could escape the room the rabbit would burst through the door and melted one of the terminals that regulated the machine, causing it to begin to implode on itself and suck things in, me included."

"after what felt like an hour i was in a red world like earth, rulled by the fallen angel himself. i couldn't fit in all that well, though i did discover something odd" rick took a moment to breath. "seemingly the portal altered some of my genes, and due to that i could see the hearts of others...pure vision" rick spoke as his eyes took on a golden glow like max's "i was able to see things no human could, i could see people i could trust, which were hard to find in a place like hell. after a few years of living there i would meet another woman thanks to a local concert in the pride ring, barbra mayday. we got along well, had sex, bla bla bla, typical mushy stuff we did, then barb got pregnant with a baby, that being you of course. we knew from the get-go that we wanted you to live a normal life, so we agreed to move back to earth...that was a mistake though...."

"durring the time i was in hell dhork began to grow as a company, and karren was set on finding me, though would gain a hatred of demons now plaguing her mind worse than ever. after only a few months on earth our house was raided by dhork after finding out i was alive and on earth, though when karen found out about barb and you...she changed, she snapped into this monster. she yelled things like"that was our dream rick! you backstabbing asshole! you're a disgrace to humans!" rick would pause, agent 2's words echoing though his mind like a cave. "she would force me to rebuild the generator, or else she would personally kill barb and you...i would rebuild it, but i set it with a trap, i designed it to kill anyone not wearing an asmodean crystal, so when she booted up the machine to send men in to hunt for the rabbit demon: the machine would shut off and blow up the whole basement, allowing me and barb to fake our deaths and giving us a chance to escape..though, karen and tyke survived the explosion unfortunately" rick sighed. "well at least you never saw her again right?" max asked. "i wish that was the case, though turns out she was in L.A when we were looking for via, and she found me....and of course, tried to kill me. thankfully got away from her, and when me and your mom got home we immediately set up restraintment orders on her and the whole company, which are so far working"

rick would stand up and stretch "so...thats what you guy's have been hiding?" max asked as he looked at his fater "yes, and the reason you were home schooled by vagatha" rick responded, before looking at his son "i'm sorry you had to find out while you were dead, the whole reason you never grew up like a normal kid, but this is the truth of the family name...". "thank you for telling me dad..." max spoke with a tear in his eye "i'm glad you told me, and i don't really care that i wasn't a normal kid, i grew up happy, and i think that's all that mattered" max would smile at his father, before hugging him "so thank you dad...and tell mom i said thank you". rick would be in shock, but would hug his son "i'm glad to hear it my gold hearted boy" rick messed with max's hair "but what are you going to do?" rick asked.

"...i'm coming home, i've got to much left to fulfill" max said as he looked at the clock, seeing it was midnight, knowing he would soon be snapped back down to his real body "take good care of mom...and tell her her son's coming home" max said as he began to fade. "aye aye captain!" rick smiled as he gave max a smirk as max faded away with a smile of his own.

max would awaken back in his cell, a smile grew on his face.

time to return

time to come home